• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
superhotgame.com

SUPERHOT

It's just you, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing the weapons of fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and maneuver through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets.

Look here. If you have it in steam, gog or epic, you just have mcd when it comes out.
Unless you got it from Epic from the big giveaway. It has to be actually purchased, apparently.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
I only have SuperHot VR on PS4 (apparently its a different SKU), will I get this for free? FAQ doesn't seem to differentiate...

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, disappointed its not VR but I got a ton of mileage out of the flat version as well. Hopefully its got a platinum because I'm psyched to get another Superhot 100%

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
They're way too kind, but as someone who bought both vanilla and VR, I'll take it.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
How is it repetitive? It's only like 2 or 3 hours long and each level is fairly distinct. Also yes it is a puzzle game.

Exactly what I asked myself, how could a 2 hour game feel repetitive? Yet somehow it did, was already bored by the hour and the levels didn't really feel that distinct enough for me to keep me hooked. The meta story helped me power through

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I only have SuperHot VR on PS4 (apparently its a different SKU), will I get this for free? FAQ doesn't seem to differentiate...
Who is eligible for a free copy of SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE?
You're eligible for a free copy of MCD if you purchased SUPERHOT before the 16th of July 2020 for Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, Epic Games Store, Origin, or GOG. This does not extend to major free giveaways like Twitch Prime, Games With Gold, and similar.
You have not purchased SUPERHOT. You are not eligible. SUPERHOT VR is an entirely separate game from SUPERHOT, not just a VR version of SUPERHOT.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FACKIN GET IN IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.

sorry.... i just really really really dig SuperHOT.

like, a lot.

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
If true, then the curvature reminds me of the Boomerang.
ps3-concept-boomerang-controller-2005.jpg
agreed, this game looks super curvy!!!!!!!

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I liked the original Superhot so I will probably p lay this.

Can't wait for another Superhot VR tho. Better in every way.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Does this include any content for VR? I assume not but it feels worth asking the question!

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
going to have to dig up the itch receipt and hope the bundle it was in counts.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
Nice to see this finally leave Early Access. I own the original thanks to the many times it was given away (Twitch Prime and Epic Games Store) but maybe I'll pick this up once it gets a nice discount.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I purchased the VR + Standard game bundle on PS4 when they came out, mainly for SuperHOT VR but enjoyed the standard game too, so great to see l get this for free as a reward for support the dev.

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
I got the email today saying I get it for free for being a Kickstarter backer, and I'm so happy. I was worried this game was still somehow years away.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Is this what they have been doing since launching vr version? Geez I hope not. I liked superhot but after experiencing it in VR, i wont touch non vr version. Give me new game or sequel in vr and i will be there day one.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
Op needs a bolded note that VR isn't a version of Superhot. It's an entirely different game as poorly named as the Wii U.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
I get the love for VR. The VR version of Superhot is spectacular, but the original is pretty amazing in its own ways.

They are pretty different experiences, and I'm 100% here for more of either.

Giving it away is pretty nice of them. It's been on my wishlist for months, and I own the original on Steam and Epic at this point, despite originally playing it via Games With Gold on XBox.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
"I won't even touch a free sequel to a game I liked because it's not VR" is an unexpected take from multiple people.

I say that having played both.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
SUPERHOT roguelite is something out of my wildest dreams, so I'm obviously in.

how can they exclude the VR version, like what?

The original and the VR version are entirely different games (completely different levels, etc), out of necessity since the VR version does not have locomotion, while the original has open levels that you freely traverse. I would also love to get a roguelite VR version, but it is what it is.

"I won't even touch a free sequel to a game I liked because it's not VR" is an unexpected take from multiple people.

I say that having played both.

To be fair they probably don't own the original so it's not "free" for them.

Oct 25, 2017
I love both the 2D and VR versions of SUPERHOT and own it seemingly everywhere, but, about 46 people played the VR version. Putting out something in 2D makes sense.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what?? Somehow I've never heard of this but in a few days I'm getting more SUPERHOT for free????
Maybe 2020 has a couple of silver linings.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
One of the best VR games I've played. Weird that this doesn't support it yet.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
Not that weird, VR and non-VR are completely different games with different design philosophies.
Oh, really? I thought it was the same game, but just in VR. Anyway, the experience is so good in VR that I think that if I try the "normal" game I wouldn't like it so much. I hope they go for a VR version soon.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
Ooh, looking forward to this. I got it through Humble Bundle, so will I still get this for free?
I got it through a Humble Bundle too. The wording on their site makes it sound like they're specifically talking about the Humble store but I'm going to choose to think they're talking about bundle purchases too.

How can I redeem my free copy if I purchased SUPERHOT as a Steam Key (on Humble, or any other third party storefront)?
A free copy of MIND CONTROL DELETE will be added automatically to your Steam library immediately after the release, ready to download and enjoy. No need to do anything on the storefront you used for your original purchase. It won't hurt to go and wishlist it while you wait though: link.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Can't believe the VR version got shafted tbh. It's truly beloved by practically everyone that has played it. It can't be for monetary reasons since this non-VR version is being given away for free to the people that have already purchased the base non-VR game so wtf.....