• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Calling Luigi, Wolf, Falco, and Roy "clones" at this point is dubious at best. You have drawn the "unique" line at an incredibly arbitrary place.

Roy's definetely worthy of being called a semi clone of Marth. He has, what, 3 entirely different moves (jab, dair, neutral b)? Though yeah he does play totally different, but that's just by adjusting the numbers a bit.

The rest though are definitely not even close to clones.

Context, friends. When Luigi, Falco and Roy were added to Smash, they started off life as almost carbon copies of Mario, Fox and Marth. That's like, the whole reason they even got into their respective Smash games to begin with. It wasn't until the later games that they were made more different, but even then, they still technically retain a handful of similar moves from their counterparts, so it's not like they're totally "unique" anyway.

Wolf was definitely far less cloney, but keep in mind, the main reason that he made it in (while say, Krystal didnt) was because he could be heavily based on Fox's moveset/design. His specials and FS were still clearly taken off of Fox, even if his normals were radically different in comparison to someone like Falco. In the end, he was still clearly a low priority deriative inclusion for Brawl, one that just had a little more work put into him (though clearly not enough, considering all the janky recycled animations from other characters).

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I feel like Toxtricity or Rillaboom are the two I can really see happening from SwSh and I wouldn't mind. Cinderace would be really disappointing when they have more unique choices, but it's definitely a possibility. I was surprised how much I ended up liking Incineroar's personality in the end, since I was definitely more into Decidueye as a Gen 7 rep.

What I'd really love for them to do is pick another "cute" Pokemon like Scorbunny or Morpeko - that would be way more unique and interesting to me than another fully evolved starter when we already have a few.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
apparently Sakurai was playing this game? anyone ever heard of it? the characters look cool
image.jpg

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I mean people were and are certainly allowed to be disappointed in other characters as well. I guess I never talked about it but HOES MAD and ARE YOU OKAY bashing were also there and imo kinda stupid.

Hell, theres plenty of Banjo&Kazooie haters here too.
Yeah they're allowed to be disappointed. Still doesn't mean I'm not going to make fun of people having a shit fit or acting like brats like that Papagenos post from earlier.

I just find it a amazing coincidence that it only seems with Byleth's reveal are we getting an excess of people going "whoa hey let them be angry."

I can't help but feel in a hypothetical situation where Dante's reveal did happen, people upset by it would not be offered this same courtesy.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I thin Blood Falcon is good enough where he is now, as just an alternate color. If he were a legit alt costume, along the lines of Alph, I'd assume he would then eat up 3 other colors. The changes to make the color an actual costume are fairly minor, like putting spikes on the shoulder gaurd, and changing up the boots, so I guess its also sort of in a weird place where it seems like it would be something that wouldn't take much time to update, but it's also not really worth the time either.

There's also the most noticeable parts - skulls replacing the falcon emblems on his boots and helmet. The fact that they didn't do it just shows a complete lack of interest in pushing for more F-Zero content.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Itsuki also weaponizes domestic abuse by just having a move where he just fucking throws Tsubasa face first into enemies and she explodes

I suppose I can give it a look now that TMS has a Strange Journey costume, making it finally worth playing.

I guess I just don't get it. If Sora got in, who's someone quite a lot of people are vehemently against getting in, but he's at the absolute top of my list, I would be too happy to even care about looking up salty reactions and argue with people who were disappointed.

I love looking up reaction videos when characters are revealed to see who's happy about it, not to see who gets upset.

It just seems weird to be like "I want this character in to see how X people would react that he got in over their favorite series" or something like that.

It's simple.

Everyone involved in this discussion has decided everyone else is an unreasonable asshole, which gives them carte blanche to act however they want assured in their own status as the only non-toxic person in the entire fandom, where everything would be fine if everyone else would act in whatever nebulous definition of acceptable excitement or disappointment over the introduction of a character into this children's video game there is.

If you're excited for Byleth then fuck you, there's literally no good reason to have any positive feelings towards this character.

If you're disappointed in Byleth then fuck you, you're toxic and want to hurt Sakurai and any reason you could possibly have to be disappointed in the character is invalid without my say-so.

Repeat ad nauseum for history's lamest eternal cycle of revenge.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I don't get it.

Why are people looking into a random account?
That's what I was wondering.
I'm really really not sure if it's the real one, but this "Sakurai account" has been known for months, and it is worth noting that this account gets to play Nintendo games before official release date.
This + the insane amount of hours playing games including Smash + the cool stages he share (art of Pokémons, characters, etc), makes it look like it might, maybe, be him. But yeah, people kinda act a bit too much as if it was official lol

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People looking into everything Sakurai does for a clue need to step back and take a deep breath. You are two steps away from digging through his garbage.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai really likes Minecraft. Y'all really think he didn't start playing the Switch version until 5 days ago?

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I looked at one stage that people shared the ID out of curiosity from that account... and.. uh... that's definitely not Sakurai

EDIT: it's a very suggestive/NSFW Inkling stage
Doesn't it actually just represent an Inkling eating curry or some shit ? It's a weird art, I'm not sure if it really represent a nsfw stuff. The lava floor on the stage makes me think it represents an inkling eating something spicy lol
Unless I'm thinking of another stage

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Sakurai runs a monthly magazine article where he talks about recent games, even if that were his account it'd divulge nothing of interest

Especially considering most Nintendo games he'd probably play on an entirely different system - the early access to Fire Emblem Three Houses and BotW builds were most certainly played on development hardware

There's also the fact 3 of the 5 DLC characters so far weren't even on Switch when they were announced, so it'd be his PS4/PC/Xbox One playtimes that'd be more interesting from a future DLC perspective

just kinda weird to fixate on it at all

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Sirfetch'd or Obstagoon, it's your time to shine!

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Doesn't it actually just represent an Inkling eating curry or some shit ? It's a weird art, I'm not sure if it really represent a nsfw stuff. The lava floor on the stage makes me think it represents an inkling eating something spicy lol
Unless I'm thinking of another stage
I looked at it again and... I don't think there's no other meaning; it's a very poor taste stage. That's not Sakurai lol

doubt any of Nintendo staff or developers have their profile floating around like that anyway

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

On one hand, the way Sakurai handled Zero Suit Samus & Palutena shows that he's pretty horny.
On the other hand, even he has limits.

So yeah, this is probably fake.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Fire Emblem's been shafted with music for two games now. Instead of getting more Fates music and the best Three Houses songs, we get things like a really bad remix menu music from Fire Emblem Heroes. We didn't even get the last map song from Echoes!

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem's been shafted with music for two games now. Instead of getting more Fates music and the best Three Houses songs, we get things like a really bad remix menu music from Fire Emblem Heroes. We didn't even get the last map song from Echoes!
We did get the best Three Houses song tho.

Blue Skies and A Battle!

Honestly, The Fire emblem heroes menu remixes is good. It's jusy doesnt compared to the 100 other songs the series has that is much better. No need to rag on that Hero remix.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
We did get the best Three Houses song tho.

Blue Skies and A Battle!

Honestly, The Fire emblem heroes menu remixes is good. It's jusy doesnt compared to the 100 other songs the series has that is much better. No need to rag on that Hero remix.
i'd support heroes getting a rep in smash if it meant getting the Book 3 boss theme into the game
need more death metal in here

edit: the map theme too for some symphonic metal

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem runs the unique line where it's simultaneously well fed and completely lacking.

Marth and Roy don't even have a stage in Melee.

The generic castle in Brawl.

The generic collosseum and arena in Smash For.

Four games and eight characters later and there's finally an actual faithful level from one of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.