• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand how people could sit through the whole chair mess with a straight face but this theory is the one out of all of them that's awakened a passive aggressive attitude out of the community.

Which according to my Contrarian Theory (TM) means this is somehow going to be the one out of all of them that ends up panning out, LOL.

Like I've been playing devil's advocate with it for funsies but this fandom has just apocalyptically bad luck on sussing out what's legitimate and what isn't LOL

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Xwing is clearly right

Originally that pic had Dante until the creator realized he wouldn't be announced yet so they quickly jumped in the debug menu and scrolled once up the alphabetical list to Daisy instead.

This theory is iron-clad.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
All I got with that theory that Daisy is orange and so is Crash... and Heihachi got an orange outfit in Tekken 7... and Agumon is sort of orange depending on the game.

...and Arthur can get a gold armor that I'll pretend is in the orange side

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Gamexplain's predictions and you know what, it made me realized that I'd really love for Travis to be FP5. Like, if only for the TGA reveal. Whatever trailer he gets is going to be one huge fourth wall break, and giving him a chance to shittalk a live audience would be great.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand how people could sit through the whole chair mess with a straight face but this theory is the one out of all of them that's awakened a passive aggressive attitude out of the community.

Which according to my Contrarian Theory (TM) means this is somehow going to be the one out of all of them that ends up panning out, LOL.

Like I've been playing devil's advocate with it for funsies but this fandom has just apocalyptically bad luck on sussing out what's legitimate and what isn't LOL
I've gotta say, of all the times there have been theorized teases over bits of smash media, this is the closest it's come to ever making a lick of sense to me.
The thing that's stopping me from thinking it actually is a tease being that despite fan theories, we've never actually ever had any sly hints of upcoming content like ever from smash (or not any I remember) so I doubt it's anything.

But in any case I'll entertain "what does Daisy MEEEEAAAN" over 99% of other hits like the layout of Smash direct rooms and tweets of Sakurai enjoying a video game.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
I have two theories
1. The character has to have shown up at least once on a nintendo platform, even as a cameo and even if it was very recently.
2. It will be Jazz Jackrabbit as fortold by Rey Starwars (does not violate #1)

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I slightly lean that a "cool" character type is possible, ala Bayo & Joker. Dante & Travis would fit. Unsure what the hell it is tho.

Obviously its Waluigi due Daisy in pic and she is a stand in for Mario character.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Although most agree that Vergeben had to have had at least some legitimate insider information, some deniers continue to insist that Vergeben stole all of his information from other leaks or will point to Vergeben's two apparent falsehoods, that a Square Enix character would be the first on the Fighters Pass and that Minecraft would be represented in some way, as evidence to supposedly shut down all of the other leaks, despite his correct predictions greatly outnumbering them.

Wow...

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure that was the case actually. At this point, anybody is realizable except for Goku.

"Q: Between Bandai and Namco, were there any other strong candidates for inclusion as a fighter?
A: There were none. We basically thought of all the characters at the start of development. We decided on characters we knew we could make. However, there were a few in consideration, such as Heihachi from Tekken….However, implementing Heihachi's movement in Smash would be difficult…"

Heihachi is too difficult.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Also, maybe Sakurai does like Daisy? I do remember discussion on that Peach's Melee Daisy alt was bit more high quality or something and Daisy had 4 trophies in Smash 4.

Linkhero1

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area

"Q: Between Bandai and Namco, were there any other strong candidates for inclusion as a fighter?
A: There were none. We basically thought of all the characters at the start of development. We decided on characters we knew we could make. However, there were a few in consideration, such as Heihachi from Tekken….However, implementing Heihachi's movement in Smash would be difficult…"

I'd take that with a grain of salt. I remember the days of Ridley being "too big". I'm sure Sakurai and team can make it work.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
So if they do reveal a new character at TGA... Is it going to be an "Out tomorrow!" kind of deal, or a few more weeks off?

I'm kind of hoping they get it released this year. I actually kind of thought that they always aimed to finish the fighters pass this year but said February to give themselves extra breathing room.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil

And you think that's really a big hurdle after "Ridley is too big"? Especially Heihachi coming from a fighting game with his moveset already pretty much set?

And again, just shows how little thought they put in the character, because Pac-Man was always the first one in the line

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
So if they do reveal a new character at TGA... Is it going to be an "Out tomorrow!" kind of deal, or a few more weeks off?

I'm kind of hoping they get it released this year. I actually kind of thought that they always aimed to finish the fighters pass this year but said February to give themselves extra breathing room.
Nah, we're getting this character late January at earliest.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

I now want the Tekken stage to be 3D and every character can suddenly side-step in the z-axis.

Can you imagine?

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
The point is, as a term "realizable" can mean fuck all.

Except for Goku. Sadly, I do think Sakurai's future successors might attempt to get Goku eventually...

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
>2B has a dress
>Daisy has a dress
27d.jpg
It's all coming together

Kronk confirmed for Smash. At long last.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area

I'd say there will be a Sakurai Smash stream on Friday then fighter # 5 will release.

Banjo's presentation was filmed right after Hero's even though he came out months later. The dev team is clearly well ahead of schedule.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm literally on the verge of tears right now. We've been waiting so long for Viewtiful Joe in Smash and tomorrow it's actually happening. I... it's honestly just too much for me to handle.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of misinformation out there regarding Daisy theory so I thought I'd help clarify it.

The reason Daisy was chosen as a placeholder is because the mysterious fifth pack fighter is:
  • Female
  • Has brownish neck length hair that points up a bit at the back
  • Is known for sometimes wearing a crown
  • Has a name that can be related to flowers
  • Has been known to strike poses like peace signs in the air
  • Is known to wear dresses
  • Has a catchphrase where they simply say who they are
  • Lists their three sizes as 83-56-82
  • Is blood type O

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The first rule of the Smash Roster: If fans have determined a rule of the Smash Roster, then disregard that rule.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
What kinda weird ass universe is whoever wrote this from?

They'll probably release them later. Since they've released Tournament mode there's always been a event tournament that has the new DLC character in it the week of said characters release (to the point of delaying tournament announcements if the character comes out later then the scheduled announcement IIRC), and they've already announced this weeks event tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.