• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
it's stupid but anything to pass cero. I always thought if she got in she would be xb2 default.
That was more directed at the Rex and Pyra final smash.

Like why wouldn't you give her something that's actually from her game and not a relatively minor cameo from what is legally a different franchise?

That's like making the Granblue crew show up in Joker's Final Smash.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I dunno, I didn't get her at all in my playthrough, so it ain't even memorable for me.

Besides, this thread has made backwards chest knife the most memorable thing about KOS-MOS for me.
The fact that it's backwards is so maddening, since it slices open her top with the blunt edge and clearly has the blade resting against her skin.

Why would someone make it like that, just to make her suffer?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
People saying stuff like this what fuels the memes about Nintendo fans only ever playing Nintendo games.
Hey, trust me, I would've loved to play the Xenosaga series.

You know, if Namco bothered to release 2/3 of the games in PAL regions. Not necessarily looking to import them in 2019, since a HD remaster collection is a possibility.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never forget all those reactions videos of when Cloud got added to Smash 4 where 99% of people didn't recognize the fucking opening song from FFVII and were thinking the green Mako particles meant Wolf was confirmed.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I guess on the topic of KOS MOS and her being a semi XC2 rep can I just say how monumentally stupid that entire concept is?

For one why would they need to do a stupid half measure for a Xenoblade 2 rep when the Rex Mii Costume exists and basically is that stupid half measure. Like the idea they want to put in some Xenoblade 2 representation but not put in Rex or anything like that but instead put in KOS MOS is so dumb because why would they need to do that huge ass convoluted technicality especially when they never explicitly promised all guest characters to begin with so all it would do is them trying to tip toe around representing a game Nintendo owned themselves.

But no the DLC has to be a character not owned by Nintendo because that's all a character needs to be to justify putting them on the roster now. Even if it means putting in a character from a substantially less popular series that's been dead for basically 15 years to shut people up who are fans of the modern Xenoblade games. Hell I would actually respect KOS MOS making it in using only Xenosaga with only her XC2 appearance as a costume or basis for her Smash design and Sakurai bringing it up on her Presentation video.

Trying to tie it in a secret Xenoblade 2 rep is just so damn cynical and honestly goes against the spirit of the franchise and would probably not be entertained an much if it weren't for desperate KOS MOS fans reaching at anything to get people to take her seriously

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Almost everyone didn't realize it was Cloud right away. I notice like 2 others that did. One of the Easy Allies guys noticed and some other random dude.

As someone who grew up with FFVII. I knew instantly with the music and stars. No doubt about it.

Maximillian recognizing Cloud right away is part of why if I'm interested in a reaction vid for Smash I usually go to him. He usually recognizes the characters and such right away, even if he doesn't like them. And when he does like them, he's hype AF.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Maximillian recognizing Cloud right away is part of why if I'm interested in a reaction vid for Smash I usually go to him. He usually recognizes the characters and such right away, even if he doesn't like them. And when he does like them, he's hype AF.
I remember he came off as a little bit of a jerk during the Hero reveal lol. It was pretty funny.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember he came off as a little bit of a jerk during the Hero reveal lol. It was pretty funny.

Kind of wonder if "Brave" wasn't a thing known about for months at that point if that reaction would've been different. At the very least he seemed to give DQ props for being an important RPG series, even if he definitely didn't care at all.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Behold, a holy message of guidance from the most trusted and reliable rumor source in the industry:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
What does this mean? Is this the language of a Smash insider?
It all adds up! They convert their natural Smash insider language (commonly referred to as "bullshit") into rumors guaranteed to throw the Smash community into turmoil, only held together by their worship of the insider gods (these believers in the holy nature of insiders are referred to as the "#SabiSquad").

We're really uncovering a conspiracy here.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

They self-destructed themselves by saying "Sakurai wanted to celebrate the entire Xeno franchise". Any leak including the magical words "Sakurai wanted" or "Sakurai chose [insert character] because" are insta-trash.

I can imagine Geoff begging Sakurai to have KOS-MOS reveal at TGAs: "Come on, Sakurai-san, you know how I love KOS-MOS, she is literally my top female android game character! The audience will absolutely love her reveal, she'll get standing ovation!"

But I can't imagine Sakurai recommending games of her in the detailed video: "You can try her games if you're good at eBay bidding. Don't forget to get a used PS2 too!"

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
KOS-MOS would be a cool addition. But I wouldn't consider her Xenoblade 2 representation and I wouldn't be satisfied at all if she was included on that basis.

However, it's clear the fifth character won't be a Nintendo character, so if she was included as part of the hype machine for a Xenosaga trilogy remaster, that would be fine for me.

I gave up hope for a Xenoblade character long ago, but with the announcement of more DLC you never know.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Smashboards newcomer thread is an all out war between KOS-MOS and Nightmare now. Jesus Christ.
Let them fight.
Phh1mqt.png

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Wait Nightmare...did Agumon or a Tekken rep get disconfirmed?

Question, would pepole be annoyed if we got Nightmare along with Tekken Costumes,Llyold customs and some SC Costumes

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously by making a poop joke, followed by a phallic statement, Sabi is referencing the fact that in the No More Heroes games you save by entering the toilet, as well as the phallic imagery of charging a beam katana. Ergo, character 5 is Travis Touchdown.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
On the topic of Rex. Kind of. It seems Sky Bennett who's Pyra and Mythra's VA has done a discussion with Gamexplain for Xenoblade 2's Second Anniversary. NGL I really like how active she is with the Xenoblade community even now... which is why Pyra and Mythra are making it in

Skye's a delight, she has some amazing music too

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I was with that 4chan Kos-Mos "leak" until the part where it said where there'd be Xenogears spirits (different company) and that the final smash would be with Rex and Pyra.

I still think she has more chances to get in than the vast majority of Namco characters though (including Souls).

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
It's never going to happen. But when people suggest a blizzard rep, I never see people mentioning Diablo.

I wish for a day I can play Doomguy against Diablo on Smash.....

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
All this KOS-MOS talk is makig me more hyped but I should keep my expectations and hopes in check.
Her being a XB2 rep rather than a XS one would be weird though as long as she's the 5th fighter I really don't care lol

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I'll never forget all those reactions videos of when Cloud got added to Smash 4 where 99% of people didn't recognize the fucking opening song from FFVII and were thinking the green Mako particles meant Wolf was confirmed.
OH MY GOD ITS...

*Richters splash screen shows up*

RICTHER!! OH MY GOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!
Lmao I missed this. The truth.

And yeah, so far, only Max Dood recognized instantly all those characters (except maybe Corrin, but he recognized Fire Emblem instantly).

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
*jiggy hopping on screen*
"Who can it be?"
*Banjo shows up*
"BANJO? My favorite!"

ok..

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It took me literally less then a second of seeing the starry sky to know it was something FF7 related. Maximilian was like the only reactor I saw who got it that quickly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.