• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next DT Subtitle?

• Playing stocks over time

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 3 Stocks remaining

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • To be Continued...

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Amiibo Theory or Bust

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Your Smashing days are coming to an end

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I can Be Your One Winged Angel or Devil

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • The Unknown DLC will Continued

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
It's still a strange thought that the same company that worked on Star Fox on SNES would later go on to make Croc

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
That interview with Jason Rubin does confuse me. I had a lot of respect for him and Andy Gavin, since the Crash games-the Jak games is probably the best overall run of a video game company for me. But I disagree with basically everything he's saying in that interview

Last edited:

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the company that worked on Nester's Funky Bowling would later go on to make another stupid bowling game starring the Animaniacs

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018

EXc6KI7WAAgOrrO

This whole interview is uh

Yikes incoporated
Yeah that's about what I've come to expect from Naughty Dog.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It's still a strange thought that the same company that worked on Star Fox on SNES would later go on to make Croc
Well, Nintendo didn't greenlight their 3D Yoshi platformer pitch, so they were forced to take their business elsewhere.

Can't wait for the Switch remaster of Croc with playable Yoshi.

jtmmachine

Nov 2, 2020
Jak 1's world was really cool with how you seamlessly traveled to most of the levels, no teleporters or anything. thought it was a solid collectathon

I have a nostalgic soft spot for Jak 2 but looking back, it felt way too constrained, took itself way too seriously and had some ridiculous difficulty spikes Thought Jak 3 was better balanced but still not as good as the first. Was super obvious by then that ND wanted to break away from cartoony gameplay towards cinema

regarding Crash, am I the only one who sees some Spyro content sneaking in alongside him if he makes it? At least a Spirit or two, maybe the Spyro credits theme. The two series have always been intertwined, even moreso these days

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
regarding Crash, am I the only one who sees some Spyro content sneaking in alongside him if he makes it? At least a Spirit or two, maybe the Spyro credits theme. The two series have always been intertwined, even moreso these days
Spyro is absolutely getting at least a Mii Hat or a Spirit if Crash is playable, yeah. It wouldn't be even weird, as some could see Metal Slug content with Terry or something

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I'd actually be ok with that I imagine mainline MegaTen getting it's own character before another Persona one.
Honestly looking at precedent on characters chosen I think the next Atlus rep would probably be Yu Narukami.

Persona 4 set up a lot of the groundwork that made Persona 5 the current RPG juggernaut it is

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The question of a mainline MegaTen Hero is who'd they'd pick.

Demi-Fiend is the most popular but Flower Boy is promotional and could potentially do a Hero style swap since most MegaTen bros outside DF have similar set ups.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Demi-Fiend is the most popular but Flower Boy is promotional and could potentially do a Hero style swap since most MegaTen bros outside DF have similar set ups.
Demi-Fiend's popularity is so weird considering the sales of his game and Atlus' reaction to it (pushing for a more traditional direction again starting from Maniax's extra content). However, I actually think flower boy might favor him. The last trailer seemed to show him getting some kind of transformation, so he might not use a COMP at all (although I guess it could be just the robot-like demon turning into a gauntlet rather than a transformation).

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I took some notes on FFX as I've been playing through but I don't know if I have enough to say about it to warrant a LTTP thread. It's one of those games that's aged in a way that an overhauled remake with some modern sensibilities could go over well, except I'd want to keep the turn-based battle system largely intact

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I've finally recieved my Ammy nendo.

Now announce her for Smash Sakurai. Come on, I know you want to.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It was Enter the Dragonfly, the game wished it got the time Wrath of Cortex had to be completed before being shipped. Hero's Tail is a much better entry though.
It's been forever since I last touched any Spyro game, but I feel like I had the opposite experience with Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail. I actually beat EtD, I think, and don't remember any notable bugs. (Besides the dragonfly, hyuk!) I don't know what specific problems I had with A Hero's Tail, but I know I lost interest very early on and sold it off later. I might have gotten lost, didn't know what to do, and didn't care to find out.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
It's been forever since I last touched any Spyro game, but I feel like I had the opposite experience with Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail. I actually beat EtD, I think, and don't remember any notable bugs. (Besides the dragonfly, hyuk!) I don't know what specific problems I had with A Hero's Tail, but I know I lost interest very early on and sold it off later. I might have gotten lost, didn't know what to do, and didn't care to find out.
A Hero's Tail is, funny enough, Twinsanity equivalent for Spyro; they tried a bunch of new things for the structure of the game, introduced new characters and the humor was way more cheeky and self-referencial in a way. The game also lacked the polish you'd expect the first 3 Spyro games, but unlike EtD, they actually finished development without much hassle!

After that, the next console entry for the Spyro series would be the rebooted first Legend of Spyro; and I can't speak much on this one, other than they certainly divided a lot of the fanbase back them.

Again, I was always much more on Crash than Spyro, but living close to someone that loves the series as much I love Crash, helped me get a better grasp of how the franchise evolved (and not really).

jtmmachine

Nov 2, 2020
Crash and Spyro had some solid 2D adventures too from what I played... Huge Adventure may have been a short mishmash of level types from 2 & 3 but it captures the spirit well and Season of Flame was a solid isometric Spyro, if a lil repetitive

just... don't bother with the crossover holy crap what were they thinking

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Crash and Spyro had some solid 2D adventures too from what I played... Huge Adventure may have been a short mishmash of level types from 2 & 3 but it captures the spirit well and Season of Flame was a solid isometric Spyro, if a lil repetitive

just... don't bother with the crossover holy crap what were they thinking
The Huge Adventure and N-Tranced were great! And when N. Sane Trilogy was announced and they said that Vicarious Visions would be handling development, I was confident from start.

Crash Purple, as I mentioned earlier, is not a highlight, but it's certainly way better than Spyro Orange. --Crash Purple was also the game that debuted Nina in the franchise by some miscommunication between the teams over VV and TT! So it'll always carry that good baggage to me :p

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would also welcome our lord and saviour, the Butz man!

pls include most of the rest of the party (except krile, 'cause she's smol) if this ever comes to pass, sakurai

i want to main Faris

As beloved as Demifiend is, I'd definitely enjoy a Hero-like situation for any long-running RPG series joining Smash. Though I kind of would prefer if the original (or whoever's closest to "iconic") would get to play the face instead of the most recent "promotional" pick. It's super obvious DQ3 is the one that Sakurai would prefer to be the face, so just avoid that whole issue.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I finished Final Fantasy 9. It's good, not as good as 7 in my opinion but it's still good. The ending was really weird, especially the last boss and how I couldn't tell who was talking in the last few scenes and stuff, but I enjoyed it. Didn't get emotional like lots of people do but I'm sure I would've if I was younger.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I finished Final Fantasy 9. It's good, not as good as 7 in my opinion but it's still good. The ending was really weird, especially the last boss and how I couldn't tell who was talking in the last few scenes and stuff, but I enjoyed it. Didn't get emotional like lots of people do but I'm sure I would've if I was younger.
Ive been meaning to play that game again. played like 3 hours and just stopped lol.
I love 7 and everyone saids that "better" and want to see why.

It's nice to have almost all final Fantasy on switch. Now if SE can put my favorite one on there 🙏🏽

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Ive been meaning to play that game again. played like 3 hours and just stopped lol.
I love 7 and everyone saids that "better" and want to see why.

It's nice to have almost all final Fantasy on switch. Now if SE can put my favorite one on there 🙏🏽
I think it's a little bit more fun to play than FF7 where every character can basically be used the exact same with how Materia works, and having 4 characters instead of 3 is nice. I just don't really like the story or characters as much as I like FF7. Vivi, Steiner, and Garnet are standouts but everyone else is either just okay or just good.

Only having 7 to compare it to for me (and 10, 10-2, and Crisis Core, all of which I played as a teenager and dropped because I was bad at video games) isn't really doing it favors from a comparison standpoint, but it's still a really solid game for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.