• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition

Who's ready to stop the curse of the ancient king?

D-PuoiwVAAI6Xf7.jpg

THE KINGDOM OF ABANOUB
93Q-8YM-DMF

Abanoub's mausoleum in the desert is the last trace remaining of this tyrant who was promptly erased from history books. It is rumored he didn't leave this world just yet, and the only way to stop him from gaining too much power again is making sure he stays six feet under the sand. Are you up for the task?

A medium difficulty level with one or two challenging platforming section and enemies roaming in tight locations. There is a bit of a safety cushion in the form of frequent mushrooms. There's an extra set of red coins that, when found, give you access to the king's treasure room. Will you manage to enter it?

Last edited:

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would love for some feedback on my second level. It might be quite hard, I'm trying to find a sweet spot between hard and fair.

55Q-MFD-KXG

Man I suck. I can't beat it lol. I think the second Koopas placement is a bit off. Unless you jump right away he might be too low.

Also if you miss the first beetle then you have to start over which I guess is fine but might frustrate a lot of players.

Overall I really like the level (gonna give it a few more shots, I must be on the 20th attempt lol) but it might be a bit on the unfairly difficult side.

Oct 25, 2017
Man I suck. I can't beat it lol. I think the second Koopas placement is a bit off. Unless you jump right away he might be too low.

Also if you miss the first beetle then you have to start over which I guess is fine but might frustrate a lot of players.

Overall I really like the level (gonna give it a few more shots, I must be on the 20th attempt lol) but it might be a bit on the unfairly difficult side.
Thanks! Yeah the timing on the koopas is one of the harder things to get right. Its supposed to line up if you go right away and hold jump.

Yeah a shell dispenser is something I'm gonna start using in the future!

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked it. I'm a big fan of challenge courses. However I would probably add a mushroom power up at the beginning of each room rather than in the Kamek one only. I was able to beat it in 3 tries but I can see someone struggling and giving up.

Also in the yellow pipe room it wasn't clear that I had to go down for the 10 coin. I think an arrow would be welcome there, to not go up and end up having to redo it!
Just played it. Its neat, but a bit too clusterfuckery for my taste with all the random spawning enemies everywhere.

Thank you both! My intention with the mushroom was to present the opportunity to return to it if wanted, and my thought process with the split in the third pipe was to give it something that differentiated it from the rest but I agree it's a bit of a pointless waste to go the wrong route.

I think my next will be a bit more open spaced.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Messing around with the bumpers, fun game. If anyone wants to try out and critique both of my levels.

(Also is there a way to start the level with the shoe powerup?)

Bounce house
K1K-YG4-Q2G

Bounce Boi
K7N-CYB-XRG

Bounce Boi is freaking hard. Took me a while to actually beat it but once you know the trick it's not too bad.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Finished my first level, P73-PS5-HCG

D-PyFvVUwAAMrXX.jpg

Nothing special, just trying to get used to the controls and some of the new features. Gonna get a bit more WILD in my next few levels.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019

D-PuoiwVAAI6Xf7.jpg

THE KINGDOM OF ABANOUB
93Q-8YM-DMF

Abanoub's mausoleum in the desert is the last trace remaining of this tyrant who was promptly erased from history books. It is rumored he didn't leave this world just yet, and the only way to stop him from gaining too much power again is making sure he stays six feet under the sand. Are you up for the task?

A medium difficulty level with one or two challenging platforming section and enemies roaming in tight locations. There is a bit of a safety cushion in the form of frequent mushrooms. There's an extra set of red coins that, when found, give you access to the king's treasure room. Will you manage to enter it?
Funny level.

Is it actually possible to get all of those red coins? And I'd make the star spawn faster at the end I almost didn't get it because I ran lol

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

D-PuoiwVAAI6Xf7.jpg

THE KINGDOM OF ABANOUB
93Q-8YM-DMF

Quoting for the new page if that's okay. I'm fairly proud of this one and it's shockingly enough only my first attempt at a standard stage. I'd gladly take opinions!

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Anyone figured out jungle water?
I want it to be low at the start then later be basically all water but I've messed with the tool a lot and can only get the water level to change for the whole course at once???

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Messing around with the bumpers, fun game. If anyone wants to try out and critique both of my levels.

(Also is there a way to start the level with the shoe powerup?)

Bounce house
K1K-YG4-Q2G

Bounce Boi
K7N-CYB-XRG

Bounce Boi is freaking hard. Took me a while to actually beat it but once you know the trick it's not too bad.
Bounce House was neat, Bounce Boi broke me lol. I managed to pass the first 2 saw but than I gave up. Maybe a checkpoint there could have helped. Laughed a lot anyway!

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny level.

Is it actually possible to get all of those red coins? And I'd make the star spawn faster at the end I almost didn't get it because I ran lol

Thank you! The star thing is a little trick, in theory you could go without a star too but it's not easy :)

And yes, all red coins are actually possible. The one you likely missed is the first one, that is really easy to skip.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018

D-PuoiwVAAI6Xf7.jpg

THE KINGDOM OF ABANOUB
93Q-8YM-DMF

It looks awesome! I'll try it later.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Update: I beat it! And got the world record yay! Gave it a like. Autoscroll section was tough. Required a lot of trial and error but it was manageable after practice. Opening section and the rest of the level I never failed on.

Please play my level in response. 7DY-M8M-DGG

Glad you got to clear it! I'm going to check your level out now and some others recently posted.

Here's a new one I just finished, probably my lengthiest course yet:
lc9XldI.jpg

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Bounce House was neat, Bounce Boi broke me lol. I managed to pass the first 2 saw but than I gave up. Maybe a checkpoint there could have helped. Laughed a lot anyway!
Yeah it took me about 30 minutes to clear bounce boi lol. I wanted to do sound fx on the bounce house different bouncers to make them like different rooms but couldn't seem to figure it out

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played yours, now go try my bumper levels they are interesting to say the least lol

I'm adding my levels to the newly made course list, I'll get on your levels right after that :)

Feel free to check my other levels too if you wish. My rather unique Liana Shmup is sitting at 18 likes after 85 players, pretty satisfied about that one.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
This was fun! I liked the hammer brother encounter as a short but sweet change up that kept it from being too simple. Only thing I might would do is place a door at the flag pole to reset the level for endless mode players. Just put it above the starting area so first players still have that anxious feeling you want.
I'm not the guy you replied to but I didn't understand what you meant by placing a door to reset the level for endless mode players?

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Era, I have rarely asked you for anything, but today, I need your HELP.

I am currently engaged in a BURRITO BET with a friend. Classic rules, loser of the bet has to buy the winner a burrito of their choosing and era, if you need only know one thing about me it's this, I love a free burrito.

The bet is as follows: we have both posted levels online. The creator with the most plays on their level at the end of 48 hours wins the BURRITO!!

Era, I implore you, if you yourself has ever wanted a free burrito, please give my level a go. We can't let my "friend" enjoy the capitalism-free high of biting into a succulent tortilla packed with fresh ingredients. In this world, full of injustice, how can we stand idly by and WATCH as a poor DUCK uses his hard-earned scruples to finance a GLUTTON's afternoon meal?!!??!

Please play:

Birds, Planes, Goombas!
MV1-CN7-HCG

I know you won't let me down <3

Lu3A0uC.jpg

Last edited:

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Quoting for the new page if that's okay. I'm fairly proud of this one and it's shockingly enough only my first attempt at a standard stage. I'd gladly take opinions!
LOVED it. Atmosphere, design, gameplay, very good. At first I thougt red coins were required, instead you put them there as a prize for skilled players. I still can't reach the one put on top of the angry sun section...

EDIT: Oh found it! Awesome!

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have the course IDs for any of the game explain stages they've been posting on youtube?

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Would love for some feedback on my second level. It might be quite hard, I'm trying to find a sweet spot between hard and fair.

55Q-MFD-KXG
Very tightly designed! Impressive. I have one complaint, and that is the buzzsaw obscuring that you can continue. I thought it was attached to a wall at first! If it's an intentional troll, that's fair enough.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
My friend striked again and created his second level
This one is based of Subnautica (the game), he loved it.

The ID: 3LR-J13-PXG
I'm not a fan of aquatic levels but there are quite nice ideas in there.
If you like ambiant stages and exploration, it's for you.

Quick update, he changed some things, that made it easier to explore and less frustrating: 1MS-S3Y-8NF

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOVED it. Atmosphere, design, gameplay, very good. At first I thougt red coins were required, instead you put them there as a prize for skilled players. I still can't reach the one put on top of the angry sun section...

EDIT: Oh found it! Awesome!

Thank you very much! I'm very happy my first standard level is being appreciated, I'm more of a concept guy in this game.

Oct 25, 2017
Very tightly designed! Impressive. I have one complaint, and that is the buzzsaw obscuring that you can continue. I thought it was attached to a wall at first! If it's an intentional troll, that's fair enough.
Yeah I was afraid of that. It's meant to be a helmet check, but I could have moved it up one block so it shows. Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep it in mind in the future!

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the cool super Mario land thing from story mode! Is there any other cool stuff hidden in there? Don't have the game yet

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Made my first auto scroll level if anyone wants to give it a try: 1K9-T71-FRF. It's pretty platform-heavy and doesn't have any gimmicks beyond the immediate need to fly into the sky. I wanted it to feel like the later levels of SMB3.

I have some free time now and I'm going to check out some levels posted over the past few pages. Feel free to quote me and give me your levels and I'll get to as many as I can in the next 15-20 minutes!

Last edited:

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Era, I have rarely asked you for anything, but today, I need your HELP.

I am currently engaged in a BURRITO BET with a friend. Classic rules, loser of the bet has to buy the winner a burrito of their choosing and era, if you need only know one thing about me it's this, I love a free burrito.

The bet is as follows: we have both posted levels online. The creator with the most plays on their level at the end of 48 hours wins the BURRITO!!

Era, I implore you, if you yourself has ever wanted a free burrito, please give my level a go. We can't let my "friend" enjoy the capitalism-free high of biting into a succulent tortilla packed with fresh ingredients. In this world, full of injustice, how can we stand idly by and WATCH as a poor DUCK uses his hard-earned scruples to finance a GLUTTON's afternoon meal?!!??!

My Course ID is: MV1-CN7-HCG

I know you won't let me down <3

Edit: The name of the course is Birds, Planes, Goombas! And here's a picture:

Lu3A0uC.jpg
Fun but freaking aggravating at parts lol

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep I was just making sure it wasn't fire or flower. Can't shoot the fire whole on the vine can I?

You can jump and shoot fire while not grabbing the vine, then grab it back. It's easier than it sounds, but obviously there's a bit of risk involved. It can make your level considerably easier if you use it as a trick to get rid of a couple of nasty enemies. Or just have them as a 3-lives system, since it allows you to get hit twice without dying. Choice is yours!

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe try adding a checkpoint at the start? You can set that to give you a powerup when you cross it.
I guess that's one way to do it.
I already uploaded the stage - I've just added a row of mushrooms that drop down on the starting area for now. Players that stick to the right of the start position and miss out on it, too bad!
Anyone figured out jungle water?
I want it to be low at the start then later be basically all water but I've messed with the tool a lot and can only get the water level to change for the whole course at once???
In the water/lava screen you can click the square part to set the starting level and click the dot to set the level it should move to. You can also click the arrow for a one-time move or it going up/down repeatedly.
There's probably also a way to change the speed but I haven't figured that out myself, lol.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017

D-PuoiwVAAI6Xf7.jpg

THE KINGDOM OF ABANOUB
93Q-8YM-DMF

Had to turn my Switch on to try this.

Unfortunately I didn't grab all the red coins, but I still had fun!

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Made my first auto scroll level if anyone wants to give it a try: CSB-7L4-X9G. It's pretty platform-heavy and doesn't have any gimmicks beyond the immediate need to fly into the sky. I wanted it to feel like the later levels of SMB3.

I have some free time now and I'm going to check out some levels posted over the past few pages. Feel free to quote me and give me your levels and I'll get to as many as I can in the next 15-20 minutes!

Think there's a way to start levels with powers if you hold Mario in editor mode because I keep dying right at the beginning lol