• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This being a basic ass collection doesn't surprise me after All-Stars on Wii was literally the SNES ROM dumped onto Wii discs. Even that release was budget priced, though, IIRC.
I think the bigger issue is that Sunshine has tons of problems and is a pretty poor game, unless they put some work than it just adds to the dissapointment since these are just ports.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised this is limited since that was the case for the Wii port, but whatever; I'm not dawdling on buying it. Holy shit on it being only two weeks away.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
also lmao at the game no longer being available after March to force people to buy it asap. Scummy shit.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Sunshine finally being re-released after 19 or so years.
It's the 'black sheep' of the main Mario series I guess, repetitive and a bit hard, but I enjoyed it all the same.

Minimal effort on that SM64 though. Looks bad with the PC version that's going around with 4K/60, improved character-models etc.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How dare you include Sunshine and not Galaxy 2, you cowards. I went from excited to depressed just from looking at the box art.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Are we really gonna have to do this thing every time where Nintendo announces something and then people have to pretend to be shocked that it's $60? If it's from Nintendo and it's on Switch, it's $60.

We know that people are upset with this because they mention it in every single thread about Switch games. We know you think a port or rom collection should only be $20. Please just let the rest of us be excited.

Era reminds me of my friend who got a Switch and never buys anything for it because $60 is 'too much'. Then he says he has nothing to play on it. Why even get a Switch? Why do people even follow Nintendo news just to pretend to be upset that new games are $60?
You're entitled to your opinion, and they're entitled to theirs. Grow up and learn to accept that not everyone is going to agree. I'm a huge Nintendo, and Mario, fan and I think this collection sucks.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
What's with the limited run? Does that mean I won't get a copy because scalpers will fuck me?

Plum

May 31, 2018
Galaxy 2's exclusion definitely stings the most. Galaxy 1 is an incredible game but it's also incredibly easy, especially if you've played it before. Like 95% of it I could just breeze through, and so the prospect of replaying it just to finish that 5% I didn't get to when I was a kid isn't that great a prospect.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yeah, ok. I just went back to listen again and they are indeed only selling the physical/digital version until March 2021. I'm gonna buy it anyway cause I'm going to want it for the collection but this seems pretty... eh? Why just stop selling the game? Same thing with the Mario battle royale thing, they're gonna cut you off from playing it at the end of March. This is really lame.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how you can justify porting both 64 and Sunshine and leaving them at 30fps for a full price game.

Jan 4, 2018
60 dollars but no 60fps for Sunshine (I guess?), no graphics improvements for SM64 and no Galaxy 2 is super underwhelming.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
All those months of the Nintendo community being obsessed to hell and back for barebone ports huh.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm buying it because it's a limited release lol. How absurd.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kept waiting for the moment on the vídeo in which they show the hi res textures, but nope, that was it. Wack.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just ports and no Galaxy 2...not a gard choice to skip this, just like Pikmin 3.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Id pay $60 just to get galaxy on the switch so they got me. The other 2 whatever bummer they arent doing more to 64. Also why only sell it until march thats just weird

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Happy that the rumours where true. But I'm disappointed that these are just barely touched up ports and Nintendo charging $60 bucks for this :/

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I'll be buying the 3d All Stars pack but definitely disappointed that SM64 didn't get more of a remake with better visuals and of course, the SMG2 omission.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
The physical copy of this game is gonna be crazy expensive on the second hand market.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm on team 'actually pretty glad they haven't touched Mario 64, it's already perfect'

This, remake would have been nice, but the game is great as it is

It doesn't need a remake. If they're going to make another 3D Mario game from scratch, I'd prefer a new game and not a remake

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Do people ever actually, like, set their games up just to listen to the soundtracks when they're included as an extra like this? I mean the OSTs have already been ripped in high quality and available on YouTube for years. Actually that's probably a better way to listen to them since they have extended variations too.

Rai_11

Nov 7, 2017
Nintendo being Nintendo unfortunately. And of course charging like Nintendo. And don't forget never lowering prices months or years after their games come out like Nintendo.

Holding galaxy 2 back for another collection of something not cool either.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao what a shit announcement. That being said my love for galaxy is so strong I may be unable to resist this anyway.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
They're only selling this until March? WTF?

Did I hear that right?

20200903_091752.jpg