• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
That's some pretty cool shit there ngl. I think I need to change my prediction score to a 90 now. I think we are in a few more surprises like this.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm not betting any money on anything significant relating to Sunset Overdrive, but that just means I'll be all the more stoked if it happens.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Want Jak, Ape Escape, Astrobot, Medievil, and Spyro cameos. Those definitely fit in better with Ratchet's aesthetic than Uncharted or Horizon or whatever.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
cbMJJXj.gif
Can't unsee the clipping tail lol.

But still very cool stuff. Now Horizon has cameos in this, Fortnite and Death Stranding? Or are there other games that I forgot? lol

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
if Sunset Overdrive in some form is released on PS and becomes a hit... I will legit cry tears of joy for Insomniac.
Yeah I don't even care that the sequel won't be on Xbox. I just want another one. First game was great and better than Spider-Man imo. I loved the transversal. It was so reactive and fun. In Spider-Man it was cool but too simple. Felt so dumbed down, and it got kind of boring just holding a button and swinging.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Kind of disappointed thats cool and all but the ryno is the best when it's a chaotic mess of rockets and explosions played over bombastic classical music.
That's already been done in the series though, many times. This is super creative, legitimately effective as a weapon, and allows for some incredible fanservice. Probably one of the most clever things Insomniac has done with R&C in some time.

Yeah I don't even care that the sequel won't be on Xbox. I just want another one. First game was great and better than Spider-Man imo. I loved the transversal. It was so reactive and fun. In Spider-Man it was cool but too simple. Felt so dumbed down, and it got kind of boring just holding a button and swinging.
I liked it too, but I hope a sequel will put some more effort into the characters. Not to say they were bad, but I just didn't connect with any of them. I honestly couldn't tell you any of their names or even describe any of them without looking it up, and even then I probably wouldn't recognize them.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
if Sunset Overdrive in some form is released on PS and becomes a hit... I will legit cry tears of joy for Insomniac.
I would be so damn happy too honestly.

My only hope is that they change the GAF reference to be of Resetera instead, I don't really want that place being given any modern platform these days for obvious reasons

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I liked it too, but I hope a sequel will put some more effort into the characters. Not to say they were bad, but I just didn't connect with any of them. I honestly couldn't tell you any of their names or even describe any of them without looking it up, and even then I probably wouldn't recognize them.

Me either really, although I remember the groups. It was never really about the story though but the gameplay for me. I enjoy a good story but I care about it being fun more.

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
Hopefully you don't need to grind too much to get it. Looks really cool.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Me either really, although I remember the groups. It was never really about the story though but the gameplay for me. I enjoy a good story but I care about it being fun more.
I get that. I know it's the case for a lot of people. It's just that, personally, I can't really connect to a game unless it's got good characters, no matter how fun the gameplay is.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
It'd be cool if they did a Psycho Mantis thing and the RYNO only pulled from games with saves or trophies on your system.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It would be kinda ridiculous if we wait for 4 years now for Sunset Overdrive to get any kind of Xbox enhancements (and if it's just a res bump to 1440p or even 1080...) only to get a exclusive PS5 port with the enhancements everyone was waiting and hoping for on Xbox. 😅
I fortunately have both current gens so I don't care, but this would be kinda nuts. 😅

But I think the tweet earlier in the thread shows the OG one stays console exclusive.

This weapon is a very cool idea and actually raises the chance of me buying it. Wasn't that convinced so far to go day one, but this is really neat and pushes me rather forward. 🤔