• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Xanadu Next

TROUBLESHOOTER: Abandoned Children

Onmyoji

Einlanzer

Star Renegades

SaGa SCARLET GRACE: AMBITIONS™

Vestaria Saga I: War of the Scions

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

Granblue Fantasy: Versus

Tales of the Black Forest

Record of Lodoss War-Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth-

Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Avernum

King of Dragon Pass

Exanima

Tyranny

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

侠客风云传(Tale of Wuxia)

Elsinore

Pyre

Arelite Core

ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game

Betrayal Collection

Vaporum

Wasteland 3

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Last Epoch

Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG

Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest

Baldur's Gate 3

Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Vaporum: Lockdown

STAR WARS™ - Knights of the Old Republic™

Drakensang: The River of Time

Disco Elysium

Nethergate: Resurrection

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

The Age of Decadence

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition

UnderRail

Lords of Xulima

RuneScape 3

Final Fantasy XIV

Temtem

Project: Gorgon

Warframe

Ikenfell

Iron Danger

嗜血印 Bloody Spell

古剑奇谭三(Gujian3)

Path Of Wuxia

Xuan-Yuan Sword VII

The Wind Road 紫塞秋风

Anachronox

Legend of Grimrock 2

Path of Exile

Salt and Sanctuary

Genshin Impact

----------------

All the RPGs on my wishlist or that I've had my sites on (mostly on my wishlist).

Yeah... I need to slice my wishlist down some.

Anyways, I have an extra $100 so what should I get?

Feel free to suggest each other JRPGs and CRPGs and any RPGs to each other.

Last edited:

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Friendly reminder that Persona 5 Royal is the GOTY and probably the best JRPG ever created.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Its the best time to play wasteland 3 (the time that its fixed)

get on that asap

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played 3 hours of Disco Elysium before my laptop died and it was some of my all time favourite gaming. I've literally recommended it to everyone I know (that plays games) and I have no idea whether it takes a nosedive after that 😆

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone needs to play the best SRPG ever made, Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children.

www.resetera.com

TROUBLESHOOTER: The anime XCOM I never knew I wanted

https://store.steampowered.com/app/470310/TROUBLESHOOTER_Abandoned_Children/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoW5_C9LIco Troubleshooter. It's anime-XCOM w/ FFT character building & VN storytelling. And it's legit dreamy. Another indie out of Korea that just went 1.0 a few weeks back, it's...

I was skeptical going in, but it blew my socks off. It's the Tactics Ogre successor we've all been waiting for.

Troubleshooter is a masterpiece.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wasteland 3 is the best RPG of 2020 by far. Check it out. Great winter/Xmas game too.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I played 3 hours of Disco Elysium before my laptop died and it was some of my all time favourite gaming. I've literally recommended it to everyone I know (that plays games) and I have no idea whether it takes a nosedive after that 😆
I hope you get another laptop to play it again or maybe even resume from where you last left off.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I haven't played it so I can't suggest it just yet, but I did pick up Outward for 11€. It's a fantasy open-world RPG with focus on exploration and survival, so I'm hoping it's good!

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
Why don't you play the best jRPG of this generation which also happens to be an extremely jolly, perfect-for-Christmas game, ie, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Dragon's Dogma has a wonderful combat system. And I win never not recommend Path of Exile. Lot of gameplay there for free.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Everyone needs to play the best SRPG ever made, Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children.

www.resetera.com

https://store.steampowered.com/app/470310/TROUBLESHOOTER_Abandoned_Children/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoW5_C9LIco Troubleshooter. It's anime-XCOM w/ FFT character building & VN storytelling. And it's legit dreamy. Another indie out of Korea that just went 1.0 a few weeks back, it's...

I was skeptical going in, but it blew my socks off. It's the Tactics Ogre successor we've all been waiting for.

Tactics Ogre? That's some praise.

I've been meaning to try it too. The only thing that hold me back is the lack of controller support. I ain't playing a srpg with a kb/m.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.resetera.com

I bought this yesterday. I'll probably try it out later. It does look interesting.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Disco Elysium. With a caveat, you need to be okay with reading. It's script is over one million words. Great majority of your time is spent reading and picking dialogue. There's no combat, all violent conflicts are solved with dialogue and skill checks. If you're okay with this, buy Disco Elysium. If you're even compelled by this, what the hell are you still waiting for? It's the RPG I want game studios to take example from, big studios and small. No other game has pushed new ground in CRPG:s like it in quite some time I think. Also I'd say it handles political themes with great maturity and depth. While being one of the funniest games ever. Though fair warning to some, the game has bit of an edge to it. The writing is very confrontational. But it definitely works.

Edit: Though now thinking about it, Disco is getting extra content in the near future. Full voice acting too, so it could also be wise to wait for that before playing it for the first time. Buy it now and play it later. Or play it again when the update hits!

Last edited:

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Tactics Ogre? That's some praise.

I've been meaning to try it too. The only thing that hold me back is the lack of controller support. I ain't playing a srpg with a kb/m.

Interesting, I am the opposite. I find it much easier to use a mouse to pinpoint where I want my units to move so games like XCOM, Troubleshooter etc is a chore with a controller.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Trials of Mana

trials-of-mana-switch-hero.jpg

An action RPG that's a remake of a once Japanese-only SNES game that is just simple, clean fun.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Tyranny
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Wasteland 3
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Salt and Sanctuary
----------------

Played all of these, and they are all top notch. The only one I would be hesitant on is Pathfinder, but not because it's not a good game. It's generally a great game now. The kingdom building and management isn't for everyone though and sometimes drags the pacing down quite a bit. If I had to pick two from that list though right now, it would be Dragon's Dogma and Wasteland 3 without hesitation. Grab Fell Seal after when you want the closest thing we're going to get to a new Final Fantasy Tactics.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Baldur's Gate 3
Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Haven't played these yet, but was about to pick up Like a Dragon, and was moderately interested in Solasta, but I'm holding off on it and Divinity: Original Gate 3 until they are actually released. No point in the early access stuff that's nowhere near finished instead of experiencing the games as they are meant to be all the way through.

I don't know why I kept sleeping on this game. There was something I kept reading that made it offputting. But watching some video reviews and hearing that music...wow.

Looking at that list I suppose you're taking a year or two off? Well I'd strongly recommend adding Divinity: Original Sin 2 from Larian Studios if you haven't played it yet. It's dirty cheap too.

I'm just assuming they've already played it. Otherwise, that list is suspect.

Last edited:

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
store.steampowered.com

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut on Steam

Harebrained Schemes' biggest Shadowrun game to date, and the definitive Shadowrun RPG experience available on PC. Now a standalone title with tons of new content & improvements!

Get Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Its a great game with a really good story. And its 75% off right now!

Also, as someone else pointed out:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com

FINAL FANTASY XIV Promotional Site

The official promotional site for FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Final Fantasy XIV has a free trial that goes all the way to lvl 60, which means it includes the excellent Heavensward expansion. I promise that despite all the talk about how the first game's story is a bit of a slog, it is all REALLY worth it in the end. Like, holy fuck shit is gonna get good from beyond there. Cannot recommend it enough. Especially at the price of Free.

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
What are some good (English dubbed) JRPGs out at the moment (on any platform)?
I'm on the mood for a JRPG at the moment but every time I see one I like the look of it isn't dubbed and is sub's only.