• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
If our cat friend gets anything other than bonito flakes and sunshine at the end of the game, I'm going to smash everything in my house. They better not put give our little buddy a sad fate :(

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was gonna ask if there was a meow button, good to hear

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting the reviews to be so good. I was expecting to like it, but I wasn't expecting it to review in the 9s. I was expecting like an 80

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Three leaked reviews. A 9 and two purrfect scores.

Holy shit.
tenor.gif

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
What are the PC sys-req? Deciding between PC or PS5

It doesn't ask for much.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 | AMD FX-6350
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti, 2 GB | AMD Radeon R7 360, 2 GB
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 10 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, 3 GB | AMD Radeon R9 290X, 4 GB
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 10 GB available space

There's a dedicated 'meow' button which can be used to meow loudly over character dialogue and cutscenes.
Oh my god, GOTY!
9c8ba867d8eedda38062621279cda9754283b259r1-360-263_00.gif

That was my biggest disappointment when playing Gato Roboto: The unsatisfying meow sound.
If our cat friend gets anything other than bonito flakes and sunshine at the end of the game, I'm going to smash everything in my house. They better not put give our little buddy a sad fate :(
This. I'm honestly not even sure I'd want to watch a walkthrough if not. 😿
df9.jpg

(That's the best version with a cat I could find. <.<)

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
NVM found this

Stray features just one graphics mode on PlayStation 5, which runs at a dynamic 4K resolution at 60 frames-per-second

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA

I bought some bonito flakes for my cat years ago but he didn't seem interested. I should probably try offering them again, I saw the sealed packs in the back of our pantry recently.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I bought some bonito flakes for my cat years ago but he didn't seem interested. I should probably try offering them again, I saw the sealed packs in the back of our pantry recently.
When our cats start to escalate their fights from playful to semi-serious, we shake the bonito flake bag and suddenly it's a buffet of friendship and love.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah seems like it's ~4k at solid 60 FPS on PS5 so even as a die hard PC guy I'm gonna just play on PS+. I'll buy it on sale for a replay someday but there's no real tangible advantage at this point to PC for me personally.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe developers still think it is acceptable to release PC games with blatant and fixable shader complation stuttering issues.

This has been a known and addressable issue for over five years now.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
"an emotional ride"

Alright so, how much am I gonna cry in this game, and why is the answer "yes" ?

emotional ride better not mean that the kitty dies at the end >:'(

I'm not sure I'd call the game overly emotional. You might feel some things if you're very sensitive to animals being in peril. But really, the game doesn't tug at your heartstrings in an overly manipulative way (which was something I was afraid of).

Last edited:

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Glad to see this is reviewing well! And even more glad to have this included in Plus Extra! Can't wait to play it!