• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What hour was the event of this game today?

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

schedule in the description. and this is what we will see according to https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/square-enix-announces-tgs-2021-online-lineup-schedule
  • 21:00 – Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin TGS 2021 Special Broadcast – A review of the survey from the June-released trial version, plus live gameplay and more with special guests. Featuring MC Masao Koori, Kasumi Ashizawa (game talent and voice actor), Sayaka Kano (game idol), Tetsuya Nomura (Square Enix creative producer) (heavenly voice), Daisuke Inoue (Square Enix director), Hiroya Usuda (Koei Tecmo director), and Michinobu Kumabe (Koei Tecmo director).

Jun 24, 2021
God, even the title is clunky. I keep wanting to say "Stranger in Paradise" not Stranger of Paradise which barely makes any grammatical sense.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Dead horse but it is unfathomable how horrendous this both looks AND runs.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I asked this before but got no answer. I'm guessing there's just no explanation why is there a girl in a modern looking schoolgirl uniform in the medieval world of FF1. At this point it's easier to count the Japanese games that have no one in a school uniform.

The game is an Isekai. The four Warriors of Light are all people from the real world that are pulled into the FF universe.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Wow. I know everyone said this looks like a PS3 game. But this looks like a PS3! It literally looks like its built on a PS3 era engine. That tutorial field is heinous.

EXXo

Nov 12, 2019
Manchester
Series S runs at like 10fps on Resolution and 40 fps while looking like a pixel on Quality mode.

Not sure how the Series X version runs, anybody played it on Series S?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It boggles my mind that they were like: "Okay let's bring the unblockable/parry attacks from Nioh 2 but let's not have the whole Yokai Counter system that balances it out"

You have a boss that rushes forward and spins around and no matter where you get hit you get grabbed. In Nioh 2 that would be the time to use the Yokai Counter, your only option here is to just run away and hope you get lucky.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

schedule in the description. and this is what we will see according to https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/square-enix-announces-tgs-2021-online-lineup-schedule
  • 21:00 – Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin TGS 2021 Special Broadcast – A review of the survey from the June-released trial version, plus live gameplay and more with special guests. Featuring MC Masao Koori, Kasumi Ashizawa (game talent and voice actor), Sayaka Kano (game idol), Tetsuya Nomura (Square Enix creative producer) (heavenly voice), Daisuke Inoue (Square Enix director), Hiroya Usuda (Koei Tecmo director), and Michinobu Kumabe (Koei Tecmo director).

Thanks!

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
what in gods name is happening on series x

I have it in favor performance mode and it runs like absolute hot ass once the rain starts.

I played the first demo on ps5 and everything seems to be running worse here, demo is too big for me to bother downloading and trying there again…but uh, it is absolutely unplayable. I got into a fight where it was single digits the entire time.

Gatsbits

Oct 28, 2018
Series S runs at like 10fps on Resolution and 40 fps while looking like a pixel on Quality mode.

Not sure how the Series X version runs, anybody played it on Series S?

Not tried resolution mode but performance mode runs like between 40 and 60fps. 30fps Cinematics could drop around 15fps ( looks like bug ) and the resolution looks something between 720p and 1080p .... Game looks very blurry.

I dont know whats happens with this title ( PS5 version has better optimization but still technically not we can expect from Team Ninja )

The game looks techinally a PS360 game : it should runs at 1080p60fps locked on Series S and something like 1440/1800p 60fps locked on Series X , PS5 .

Team Ninja needs to wake up seriously.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I dropped the difficulty to beat the second boss.

I'm sorry but that fight is not balanced on Hard Difficulty at all. Like the gulf between Action and Hard is staggering and not in a good way.

I feel like Hard Mode should be like... you know. Nioh 1/2 level of difficulty and the normal enemies generally don't feel that bad but the 2nd boss was such a gigantic difficulty spike it's astonishing.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I am not sure how this game looks this bad. It looks significantly worse either NioH games, and I don't know why that is.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I am not quite sure about navigating to the demo on PSN. In the recent tab it let me download the old demo for whatever reason.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
There's still 6 months of dev time left on it, they should be able to get it running at a stable frame rate and resolution.

It's not exactly that.

Between disc printing, QA, and certification, a release IN 6 months means they have far less time than that.

They delay it or this is DoA it's that simple.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The demo is likely an older build already so it's hard to say what the current state even is, but it's really surprising something so rough is a public demo.

Grievances with all that aside I do think the core loop seems interesting, but this is like the worst aspects of Nioh loot spam ramped up to 100. There is waaaaaaaay too much menuing, new equipment after every single fight, etc. to be juggling. Then the class system with different equipment per set and decking out the teammates is added on top...it's just far too much and I don't really expect that aspect to change much.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
It's not exactly that.

Between disc printing, QA, and certification, a release IN 6 months means they have far less time than that.

They delay it or this is DoA it's that simple.

They can go gold a month before launch like most games these days and then work feverishly on a day one patch. They have 6 months.

Not that I believe this will be the case or that the game will run perfectly by then, but most people who aren't on Era also don't care much about resolution or frame rate issues, so... we'll see.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the second demo.

I'm glad that I played this, because now I'm 100% skipping it. Might get it a year or two after its release for a cheap price, but only if it has good word of mouth and they manage to fix the godawful performance.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Would literally be a better game with minimal story and create a character

Like seriously the cast and script is so mindbendingly dumb its amazing that it was created by actual adult humans

Children could have come up with something more engaging and imaginative. It isn't even campy in a good way though it did get a few chuckles from me and my friends

Now that I got that out of the way. I actually really enjoyed the combat and character building. There are some legit cool ideas sprinkled in here. It is kind of a mess and I feel like you unlock the trees super fast. I am not sure on the lasting power of this game into a co-op endgame scenario

Still it plays reasonably well and I definitely had fun with it. The Garland fight is actually pretty sweet though it is pretty cheap in some ways. Still its a fight you and your buddies can strategize around if you use all the tools they give you in the demo and they give you A LOT.

Overall the game gives me Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance vibes. Short term comfort food gaming with a lot of bugs and no clear vision for its future.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Tried the second demo. Gameplay still fun but my god... game is ugly as sin and runs like absolute shit. What the hell...

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Thought they would do the presentation on the TGS channel but they are showing some Konami husbando game.

Edit: oh it's already over. Timezones are hard...

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
what in gods name is happening on series x

I have it in favor performance mode and it runs like absolute hot ass once the rain starts.

I played the first demo on ps5 and everything seems to be running worse here, demo is too big for me to bother downloading and trying there again…but uh, it is absolutely unplayable. I got into a fight where it was single digits the entire time.

I had a similar issue in this level on PS5. The game basically crawled at the beginning parts of the level.

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a term to describe this kind of story where these modern people show up in a fantasy world. Like that one Mark Twain story where that guy shows up in King Arthur's world.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I just launched the demo... is it the same as the first demo? Or is there another mission after? Cba doing the same stuff I did in the first demo

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Mini comparison video of the intro from the first and second demo

rCMQ9Mc.png

wHPGGc9.png

kufRL5q.png

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Demo is the second best action rpg I've played this year (behind Neo: The world ends with you)

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Played a bit and I am stuck at the first boss. They apparently changed the boss name from the first demo because I researched strats for the boss.

Reading up on the term Isekai, I hope they don't add embarrassing anime tropes and keep serious style that doesn't take itself seriously. So far everything looks good.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
wtf is going on, why is the 2nd mission sunleth waterscape

nomura what are you smoking

NGL if we end up exploring different areas from different FF games that would be pretty awesome

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Finally trying the demo, fists seems almost as broken as Nioh 2 ones vs normal enemies.

Oct 25, 2017
wtf is going on, why is the 2nd mission sunleth waterscape

nomura what are you smoking

NGL if we end up exploring different areas from different FF games that would be pretty awesome

It sounds like various destinations are shaded with dressing of other final fantasies, which is interesting. The Nioh games have had 20+ missions but FF1 was only about 12 dungeons, so all of the world segments are likely themed with other games and callbacks.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So got around to play it this morning and finished the first mission. Minus performance issues, which I hope get ironed out, this game is really fun.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I'm not the only one experiencing abysmal performance, am I?

Game keeps stuttering randomly, it's bad, especially in the 2nd mission