• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
This was...much....worse than I expected it being. The character designs, dialogue, voice acting, art direction, graphics...heck even the combat didn't look particularily good, way too much emphasis on finishers. This had so much potential so I'm left pretty disappointed by this showing. Hope Nioh 3 didn't die for this.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
I wish Super Best Friends were still together.

It's as if they designed this game for Matt, Pat & Woolie clowning on it.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't get over how bad the writing is. It's actually hard to believe this is real. Holy shit...

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
My god, there isn't a single redeemable quality in that trailer. So much wasted potential. 😬

Kurumi

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
LMAO. I'm dying. God the main character looks so goddamn generic. Like wtf?

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
GaaS Babylon's Fall for PS3 ? Balan Wonderland ? Marvel ? Handling of classics ala the announced FF games ? I mean Chrono Trigger is not available on modern systems either.

Don't know what they are smoking over there.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks legit good outside of performance issues. But these are all small projects outside of Marvel soo yeah my opinion stays lol

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this. Is this supposed to be a FFI remake? Because that was the first act of the game. Just 100 times more edgy.

Regardless this looks terrible lol

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
It being an Isekai doesn't make things any better because even if you give them different outfits the designs still fucking suck

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
This trailer is hilarious. I put way too much time into Nioh 1&2, so I hope this is just as fun to play. Kind of curious what the setup for the story is, but overall it looks kind of bland. I'll hope on that demo for sure though!

Oct 25, 2017
Square: "We already messed with the story of Final Fantasy VII and made it worse. Now let's do the same with the original Final Fantasy and who knows what comes next!"

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This has big Quantum Theory energy.

It looks like absolute trash, the dialogue (CHAOS) and character designs are some of the worst I've seen in a while. Combat looks fine, I guess.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thinking even more, what pisses me off is that when this mess of a game inevitably misses their sales target, Square is almost assuredly going to kill any notion of a soulsborne style FF going forward, and that sucks because it's literally a dream concept for me and such a smart way to diversify the brand.

Thanks for continuing to ruin FF Nomura! And thanks Square for continuing to let him!!

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
They really had Garland getting his face beat in like this LMAO

E3ygPUqX0Ak4J7w
Garland deserved better :(

#NotMyGarland

Jan 4, 2018
I keep trying to summarize how I feel about what we just saw, but I can't. I just keep asking why? Like...why? Why? (still gonna give it a shot for the gameplay, but I'm not expecting much at this point).

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Thinking even more, what pisses me off is that when this mess of a game inevitably misses their sales target, Square is almost assuredly going to kill any notion of a soulsborne style FF going forward, and that sucks because it's literally a dream concept for me and such a smart way to diversify the brand.

Thanks for continuing to ruin FF Nomura! And thanks Square for continuing to let him!!

Nomura is doing art for this lol... If this game flops it's not on him what is this shit take

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
This has to be a project that was scrapped/shelved once and now being resurrected as a quick cash grab. Honestly looks horrible.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
What the fuck is this edgy trash

Like I enjoy edgy shit, but this is just awful lmfao

CHAOS. KILL CHAOS. CHAOOOOOOOS

Snufkin

Aug 5, 2020
This has to be a project that was scrapped/shelved once and now being resurrected as a quick cash grab. Honestly looks horrible.

I agree, this is the first time a FF game has been viscerally unappealing to me. As a lifelong fan of the franchise, but I'm struggling to understand the direction of this game and who it's meant to appeal to. It doesn't have any of the charms the FF franchise is known for.

I don't think I'm the target audience for this game, and it feels kind of sad to say that.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
And why is it Stranger OF Paradise? Stranger IN Paradise is both a real phrase and makes some sense if it's about modern day dudes sucked into FF land.