• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
This was fucking hilarious, I love it. So from what I can tell he can freely create blocks?

I get it, that "your" favorite character didn't get a spot, but I love that we get unique playstyles. I'm all for this.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting pick. I'm not hyped that it's steve but I'm actually curious to see how they work exactly.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I understand why they would chose him but I have no affinity towards Minecraft so his inclusion doesn't get me excited.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
234.png
bahahahah so much this.

I'm happy for those who like Minecraft.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously don't get the negative reaction. He looks like a super fun weird character to play with and minecraft is huge on Nintendo platforms too. This makes way more sense than Cloud did

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf? People are that upset over this? Minecraft is awesome and putting Steve and Alex in adds some unique twists.

So many are acting like they put in a character from Roblox or something...

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great choice. I can't argue with the sheer number of dreams that are gonna come true for people who get to have Mario and Steve fight. It's this generation's Sonic in Smash.

If you can't understand that, this one ain't for you.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I thought smash was about celebrating video games or whatever.
Why are people surprised/disappointed by them adding an iconic character from one of the most popular videogames of all time?
Your Crash Bandicoot or whatever you wanted is an absolutely irrelevant franchise, when compared to minecraft.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
At least it's not yet another FE character, and third-party picks are still in so hopefully one of the 3 I want will make it next time. As I said, not buying the pass yet.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its hilarious seeing y'all getting so worked up.

It's better than seeing Fire Emblem character #11 showing up.

Cronogear

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 27, 2017
Someone gif the part where the alts are head bopping with Callie and Marie.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never been big on Minecraft but the moveset looks hilarious and creative so bring it on.

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard for me to get past how much I genuinely dislike Steve's character design and animation

Call me shallow, he looks like hideous arse, always has, always will.
At least the moveset should be crazy unique I guess

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
Looks like quite the character. Or two characters? It looks like Alex is an echo? This is huge for the game, even if the semi-elitist era vibe disagrees.

Sakurai is too good for this world. That man is crazy and we don't deserve him. He's also hilarious to listen to. Lol.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say that rules out Master Chief then. No way would there be 3 unique MS franchises included.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It'll sell a lot since it's minecraft so I understand why it was done, but holy shit do I hate it.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
I mean, Solid Snake and Sonic aren't Nintendo at their core either?

Whatever, if people are pissed, people are pissed. I just thought this was the most obvious frikkin' choice for Smash in the world. My mad Nintendo fan nephews are gonna be hyped as hell.
MGS began on NES and Sonic has had exclusive games on a Nintendo system post console SEGA at least. Cloud might be the one I agree with you on though but FF is a Nintendo born franchise.