• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Topics.

• Red Pill.

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • Blue Pill.

Votes: 116 65.5%

• Total voters

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
dryi12j04x221.jpg

signal

Oct 28, 2017
e: apologies for the additional half turn of your scroll wheel šŸ˜”

Last edited:
May 26, 2018
The real question is Destroy the Matrix or Reform the Matrix

That's basically the problem Neo faced because freeing humanity wasn't near as simple as Morpheus made it sound

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Stay inside.
I just want to have a nice life, family, get laid every once in a while and watch football. No interest in fighting against evil machines, sorry.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easily the red pill and i can plug myself back in whenever i want and play around like a kung fu super hero. Just gotta keep away from those machines. Which shouldnt be hard if zion lasted as long as it did.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, machines? I know most people can't tolerate a paradise world, but I think I could. Any chance I could get switched over to one of them?

May 26, 2018
Hey, machines? I know most people can't tolerate a paradise world, but I think I could. Any chance I could get switched over to one of them?

It's less they can't consciously tolerate a paradise and more that their minds literally can't believe it, like an itch, like an immune system reaction. It drives them crazy whether they like it or not.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
one's conscious, like they reason it out and can't accept it
one is not, like they're ill. it's out of their hands
I don't think tolerability is inherently conscious. The ability to tolerate some range of temperatures or some medicine for example is as conscious of a response as an immune reaction (or synonymous, in the case of medication).

May 26, 2018
I don't think tolerability is inherently conscious. The ability to tolerate some range of temperatures or some medicine for example is as conscious of a response as an immune reaction (or synonymous, in the case of medication).

at the same time a person can dislike something but still tolerate it
but i see what you mean

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Red Pill for sick Kung Fu skills. There's plenty of ways to stay under the radar, might as well game the shit out of the simulation.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i'll get out.

i'll rather face the cruel truth and eat real life shit than having 'head in hole' and play make pretend'.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Trick question. lol

Stay inside, you get turned into a Smith clone, or murdered by a Resistance fighter.

Outside, you get killed by the real life Machines.

Last edited:

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
What if that's not the truth and yet another layer of the simulation?

then i'll seek that layer too (and other further equivalent).....i'm one of those that don't mind going mad by having a face off with Cthulhu..

You either win or you die trying.

playing make-believe is an insult to my very being of existence.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I never saw anyone play Resident Evil in Zion. I never saw someone eating a nice prime rib in Zion. I never heard anyone listening to Carly Rae Jepsen in Zion.

Blue pill, thanks.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
It's a rough life on the outside, I don't think I want to deal with all that nonsense. In fact I wouldn't mind if things ran a little smoother on the inside, I promise I won't complain!

Oct 27, 2017
Stay inside, of course. I rewatched the movie on TV a few days ago...it hasn't aged that well imo with it's themes and "philosophy".
I'm punching a hornet's nest here, but boy was Keanu's acting bad in that movie.