• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I was expecting this at all. Kinda confused actually given how much we've seen of Deathloop already.

Where's the big show that was hinted at?
From the blog post:

"This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we'll have more updates soon."

So we have between July 8th until sometime in September for more news? That last bit of info is good for managing expectations.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I have a feeling this won't be a Sony style E3 show which a lot of people are expecting. I have a feeling if we do get an E3 level show from Sony, it won't be until much later in the year, if not next year.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Went from 100 to 1 when I saw the news about the State of Play. Isn't there enough info about Deathloop already?

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I hope we see the GTA 5 remaster part 2. I wonder how much better it'll look considering take2 shitted on "simple" ports.

Id like a rdr2 remaster/patch too. Game is blurry as shit on playstation.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
From the blog post:

"This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we'll have more updates soon."

So we have between July 8th until sometime in September for more news?

My guess is Death Stranding: DC and announcement of a September PS event at the end of August lol.

Red Tapir

May 10, 2019
On the one hand I'm sure from rumours and such that they should have a good show.
On the other hand, starting with Deathloop sure isn't instilling confidence.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
After what happened today with the new Switch...my guys don't do this to yourselves expecting FFs and any other shit like that.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
?? I think it's a pretty normal list apart from Kingdom Hearts and Bloodborne. Those are my wildcards honestly.

FFXVI in s state of play and not even getting a mention on that blogpost?
Maybe I'm going with almost no hope and will be pleasently surprised. Who knows ahah

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Posts like these always come up and they're always so weird because it really shouldn't take long to realise that "indies" aren't a monolith and that some are going to be less affected by Sony's poor treatment of indies than others.
That some here think all those threads were all about sony console's "not having enough indies" kinda just demonstrates how some weren't paying attention.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
After what happened today with the new Switch...my guys don't do this to yourselves expecting FFs and any other shit like that.

It's like Square Enix's E3 showcase.

Square: "We're focusing on the new game from Eidos Montreal with a few little surprises!"
Us: "FFXVI! FORSPOKEN! KINGDOM HEARTS! TWEWY!"

We need to get better at controlling ourselves - companies keep trying to control expectations and we keep not listening.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
People are rightfully burnt out on the Deathloop marketing cycle, but to give grace where grace is due, I'm sure Arkane is just as frustrated about it.

Jun 2, 2019
No Horizon Forbidden West or God Of War news is a bummer, but they didn't say anything about Final Fantasy. Since there will be third party games, either FF XVI or Forspoken have to be there, right?

Right?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Nomura say that KH would have announcements in 2022 for the series' 20th anniversary and that it was taking this year off?

eggroll

Apr 18, 2021
If they're setting aside first-party stuff, that means we're getting an event for first-party stuff. Glass half full.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this is the game that will make Arkane strike mainstream gold just yet.

I'm buying it day one because they're one of the best studios around, on the other hand, I feel like I've seen plenty of it already, but yeah, as mentioned this is probably due to the exclusivity stuff. Still, 9 minutes is... A lot. Well.

Really hope we'll see XVI. Gonna need one of those interior fellers to chime in and maybe set our expectations straight. Other than that, love me some surprises.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Deathloop isn't out until September.

It's literally 2 months where it can potentially appear at State of Plays.

I have 0 interest in it and cannot wait until it's out to stop hearing about it.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018

Square: "We're focusing on the new game from Eidos Montreal with a few little surprises!"

We need to get better at controlling ourselves - companies keep trying to control expectations and we keep not listening.
So true 😆

I do find it crazy that Square just showed nothing on FFXVI or Forspoken at their event, though. Especially if we actually have to wait until September for the big Sony showcase, then they really should have released at least a short trailer or something to keep us excited

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK

In defence of those who are expecting more... We've had virtually nothing from Sony during the biggest time of the year for gaming announcements... It's hardly suprisring that people are expecting something more than stuff we've already seen played to... death. Just feels we're on a bit of a... loop.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
SONY Execs: "Quick. Get some indies in the event!".

In all seriousness, Sony still have some great looking higher end indies coming. Very much looking forward Stray and Kena.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh great the game im already sick of seeing,

Sony I was able to struggle and get you system after months and months, show your shit already.

TGR Sean

Nov 5, 2017
Orlando, Florida
I don't care what they show as long as we can get a confirmed release date/window/year for XVI. Hoping for a surprise Holiday 2021 release but anytime between now and Holiday 2022 would be hype.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I have a weird hunch if Deathloop was identical game and first party, so many people wouldn't be complaining. We got 10 minutes of R&C, sometimes the same footage at like 4 events last year and I didn't hear this much complaining. But because Deathloop is XGS it gets this treatment…. Sigh.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
On the one hand we'll get more footage of Game of the Year contender Deathloop, on the other it'll likely get bogged down in loads of weird-looking Square Enix stuff.

Simuly

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 8, 2019
I have a feeling this won't be a Sony style E3 show which a lot of people are expecting. I have a feeling if we do get an E3 level show from Sony, it won't be until much later in the year, if not next year.

It's definitely not a Sony E3-style show as the focus is on one game and indies and is only 30 mins long.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm excited to play Deathloop, but what more could possibly another deep dive reveal? We've seen gameplay aplenty, there were media previews, explanation videos... This is a little puzzling.