• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Facts. Microsoft needs to give all the funds Bethesda needs. I hope Starfield has cities like Coruscant from Star Wars.
latest
I was hoping Cyberpunk 2077 might look as amazing as Coruscant, but alas. I don't think it's possible with the current technology. Maybe by the time Starfield 2 is released, we might get a planet like Coruscant. Maybe.

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I can't see it happening, even though the game is near future, but I'd love for ships to not have gravity.
Yep, the screenshots looks very "hard sci-fi" with no artificial gravity and maybe gravity only coming from thrust or mass, meaning that starships would be build like skyscrapers turned 90° to lay down horizontally, so that the constant thrust provides the artificial gravity, meaning that half the way to your destination your head is pointed towards direction of travel and the other half your feet are pointed in direction of travel while the ship is under braking-thrust.
You would also deal with low g situations (at under 0.5g it starts to be really hard to drink your coffee from a cup) and high-burns of constant +3g, where even using a tablet can be exhausting.

I'd love a game like that.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping Cyberpunk 2077 might look as amazing as Coruscant, but alas. I don't think it's possible with the current technology. Maybe by the time Starfield 2 is released, we might get a planet like Coruscant. Maybe.
Its doable with todays tech. Probably wouldnt be in Starfield however since its more grounded/realistic

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
WTF is it about Bethesda games... I see a potential screenshot leak for starfield and the first thing I think is "hmm... I could sure go for some skyrim about now" I've played it like 5 times lol

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Fingers crossed they are using the SSD to make flying without breaks from a space station to a planet a reality. Can't wait for Bethesda RPG on these new consoles. The CPU alone should be a match made in heaven for their type of games.
No need for an SSD, games can already do that, even ones developed by just 4 people...

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't not imagine the Mass Effect running animation looking at that. I know it's space but gravity boots :D

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Assuming that this is real and a 2018 build of the game, I am really fucking hyped for this just from that screenshot alone. It looks beautiful and also like I had always imagined it. I want Morrowind in space and I am honestly convinced that this game can be that

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks neat but I'm not expecting much from Bethesda and reading through this thread makes me glad I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. After Fallout 4 and 76, I am not entertaining any fantasies of Bethesda putting out a truly compelling or genre-defining RPG. I'd love to be wrong but I sure as shit don't have any confidence in them.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I just hope it will be IMMENSELY different to Fallout. Literally all I'm asking for lol, can't stand the Fallout design and characters anymore. I am very curious what kind of game it'll be.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hope we see something on this game in the next few months. I get that Todd Howard likes to wait until as late as possible to reveal, but I feel that doesn't work when the game is already announced.

Whether this leak is real or not, a highly compressed image isn't a great first impression.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Man I'm pretty baffled by how negative many of the replies here are.
This screenshot looks great and I'm excited.
Honestly, just expect anything Bethesda related going forward to come with a slight bump of negativity following the exclusive deal. The games are still jankfests (that I love) worthy of mockery for their bugs, but now that it's belong to [console maker], warriors of [other console maker] will throw a little bit of poo into the discussion soup when there's news about Bethesda games.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we see something on this game in the next few months. I get that Todd Howard likes to wait until as late as possible to reveal, but I feel that doesn't work when the game is already announced.

Whether this leak is real or not, a highly compressed image isn't a great first impression.

if it's a 2022 or beyond game chances are pretty zilch you'll see it the next 6 months but maybe they're rethinking their promo campaign for these games. people tend to fill in the blanks with wacko rumors

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
if it's a 2022 or beyond game chances are pretty zilch you'll see it the next 6 months but maybe they're rethinking their promo campaign for these games. people tend to fill in the blanks with wacko rumors

I think there's a 100% chance we'll see it at whatever MS' E3 equivalent is next year, which will mark 3 years since God Howard flashed the Starfield & TES6 logos at the end of Bethesda's stage presentation.

Friender

Sep 27, 2020
I hope exploration is a huge focus. Fantasy worlds like Skyrim and post-apocalyptic USA do offer satisfying exploration, but space is infinite. IMO the possibilities need to feel boundless. If they can implement a exploratory feel equivalent to the vastness of space while offering deep RPG elements, oh man would I be pumped.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Facts. Microsoft needs to give all the funds Bethesda needs. I hope Starfield has cities like Coruscant from Star Wars.
latest
What has Bethesda done in the past that would convince you they're capable of creating something anywhere near as large and complex as this?

With Bethesda tech, modern hardware wouldn't be capable of running such a city.

Bethesda cities are tiny, and even then, most buildings require separate loading screens. If anybody's gonna pull something like this off, it's gonna be Rockstar or CD Projekt Red.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
What has Bethesda done in the past that would convince you they're capable of creating something anywhere near as large and complex as this?

Bethesda cities are tiny, and even then, most buildings require separate loading screens. If anybody's gonna pull something like this off, it's gonna be Rockstar or CD Projekt Red.
Agreed.

Even though I think they'll end up with something cool, I think people are setting expectations too high.

A big point in Bethesda games is that the environments are very interactive, but that can really limit the size and scale.

I personally am fine with that tradeoff since I love interactivity, but expecting some kind of Coruscant level city is too much.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

to be fair they made a lot of strides with "density" in fallout 4. about every other building in downtown boston was enterable

not that i'm arguing they could pull off a not-coruscant or whatever

Jul 17, 2018

I never said it has to look EXACTLY like that.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017

I think we're really going to see improvements in this regard for BGS titles next gen.

Bigger cities and less loading screens for sure with the dramatically better cpu and ssd

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, just expect anything Bethesda related going forward to come with a slight bump of negativity following the exclusive deal. The games are still jankfests (that I love) worthy of mockery for their bugs, but now that it's belong to [console maker], warriors of [other console maker] will throw a little bit of poo into the discussion soup when there's news about Bethesda games.
Thats a bit unfair. People are wary because the latest bethesda games all failed to impress. The last one was...Prey?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

There's a place in Star Citizen that puts off significant Coruscant vibes in certain areas.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
the last BGS game that gave us "groundbreaking next gen visuals" was oblivion. morrowind was a little before my time so i dunno how that was received

so yeah i dunno what people really expect in this regard. though if it's as unimpressive as fallout 4 looked in 2015 i'll be bummed

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Keep in mind that this leak really shouldn't be taken as representative of what the game will look like.

I'm not convinced it's real, but if the rumor about it being from early 2018 is legit, it's likely a very old test environment.

For all its faults, I actually think Fallout 4 is a decent looking game. I expect Starfield to be quite a step up from it.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am often very curious what people expect from a city like that.. in the next 20 years a city like that would never be more than a simple backdrop, like in Star citizen where you simple have a very tiny section that is interactable and the rest is just simple geometry with shaders to give the illusion of a living city.. Even if it would technically be possible to render a city as dense as that with each window having an enterable room, the content would not be exiting enough to produce and would be just a massive performance waste.