• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Won't touch the multiplayer but playing this in VR should be amazing. Serious X-wing vibes here. Day one.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 purchase.

Day 0 if you can pick to fight just AI. I like co-op more than competitive PvP for something like this.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Day Zero here. I've been begging for a modern X-Wing vs TIE Fighter with VR support for years and years and this looks like it's going scratch that itch so, so good.

Only slightly let down that the game is lacking some fighters (B-Wing, Phantom TIE), and since it's 2020, I was also hoping for 50 vs 50 for online play. Not a big deal though, I got HOTAS support so that's cool.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Actually see myself buying this game. I've fatigued on Star Wars but something about the dog fighting brings on nostalgia and good feelings.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay video was amazing, and the devs are saying all the right things.

It's almost too good to be true :)

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
And... bought. I never pre-order but if you're going to make this game, and make it VR compatible, I can't help but throw my money at you.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This game literally jumped over everything including cyberpunk and Halo Infinite as my most wanted game of 2020. It looks phenomenal. I'm already trying to get a squad ready for it. Hoping that multiplayer can be as fun as that trailer made it look cause it's about goddam time we had another good dog fighting game

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Hoping EA finds a way to let us PCVR players to play with specific PSVR brethren and chat with them (have a couple friends with PSVR). Games like Eve: Valkyrie had crossplay but no way to invite them to play together.

Oct 27, 2017
This should be great in VR with my Index. I'm just suprised it took EA so long to realize that just about the easiest money from the Star Wars license was to just do a flight sim/fighter game like this.

My only big concern is battles being 5 v 5. I just hope they don't feel to small because of that. I want huge Battle of Endor style dogfights where its just swarms of TIE fighters and ships just blowing up all over the place. I want some crazy spectacle. 5 v 5 sounds kind of limited on paper anyway.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
This should be great in VR with my Index. I'm just suprised it took EA so long to realize that just about the easiest money from the Star Wars license was to just do a flight sim/fighter game like this.

My only big concern is battles being 5 v 5. I just hope they don't feel to small because of that. I want huge Battle of Endor style dogfights where its just swarms of TIE fighters and ships just blowing up all over the place. I want some crazy spectacle. 5 v 5 sounds kind of limited on paper anyway.
It would be cool if they could do like Titanfall and add AI bots too maybe. IDK if this would be fun of not.

May 15, 2018
Denmark
There is an awful lot of turning without rotating the ships first. Particular that a-wing doing a 180 degree turn. I don't know the flight terms but these spacecrafts don't seem to act as ww2 fighters anymore.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
There is an awful lot of turning without rotating the ships first. Particular that a-wing doing a 180 degree turn. I don't know the flight terms but these spacecrafts don't seem to act as ww2 fighters anymore.
I think what happens is that they cut power to engines and then use side thrusters to perform a 180 degrees in a drift like maneuver.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Calling it right now, this will be a skin in the game
latest

It fucking better.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
This looks so much more like the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter games than I was expecting. And no DLC or loot box nonsense. It feels like a very old school experience, almost hard to believe it got made. I've gone from mildly curious to Day 1.

The only thing I'm hesitant about is that 5v5 stuff. That's not much of a space battle. Return of the Jedi and Rogue One were impressive because of the scale of the conflict. I want to feel like I'm part of a huge battle, not a skirmish.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Ready Day 1 in VR.

Hoping AMD and Nvidia bless us with new CPU's and GPU's before then because I want this at the best quality

Oct 31, 2017
The first EA game I'm honestly anticipating to play in a while.
Hope some massive disappointment about it isn't around the corner.

Also, apparently the Steam version does NOT require the Origin client, which makes very easy to choose where to buy it.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
What will be the best home HOTAS setup for this?

I'm waiting to hear if it's fully compatible or only with Thrustmaster stuff like Ace Combat 7 did...

But if it is, then right now the best medium price combo is TWCS throttle + VKB Gladiator K stick. That's what I have (just received the stick yesterday) and it's awesome.

If you want to pay the bare minimum, go for HOTAS X as it's the cheapest HOTAS system and it does the job, I had 400h in Elite on it.

If you're made of money, then Virpil's throttle with VKB Gunfighter mk2 with Kosmosima grip.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
With The Last of Us out, this is my most wanted game now. Sorry Horizon 2. This looks like a dream come true. Do we know if there are AI fighters in the Versus Battles like in Battlefront 2? This would certainly add some scope to the battles and in the videos it looked like there are.

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
This is the right way to showcase a game! Stop giving me movie like CGI trailers, show me the gameplay and tell me what its going to be like. This looks great! Of course the fact it is an EA game means that I might have to wait a while to see the reviews first, but this does look like a total blast.

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
only $40 at launch?! sign me up! It looks way better than I was expecting. I'm hyped that Hera and Sloane are in it. Although, one thing that's bugging me is it's a 5v5 game, but only 4 ship types. no B-wing means no Alphabet Squadron.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
only $40 at launch?! sign me up! It looks way better than I was expecting. I'm hyped that Hera and Sloane are in it. Although, one thing that's bugging me is it's a 5v5 game, but only 4 ship types. no B-wing means no Alphabet Squadron.
Hero ships like in Battlefront would be cool. But I know the whole hero system isn't popular with everyone. But damn I will miss my Slave 1 seismic bombs or flying as Vader xD - But yeah, it makes sense to keep this more grounded. It's about you being the pilot and balancing is important. I am sure they will add more fighters over time. This looks like it will be GaaS multiplayer.

EDIT: oh its already confirmed that it's not GaaS. Nice. A game were you can unlock everything whenever you want instead of forced events, seasons and shit? I will take that and a sequel every year or two ;)

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I wonder if the weird dimensions of the B-wing posed problems for the drift mechanics and collision detection. If you're trying to put out a less than full price game in a short period of time, you really have to pick your battles.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to get an occulus quest, if I hook it up to my pc, will I be able to play this in VR, or am I only able to play things off the quest store? I have PSVR too but would much rather play on pc if possible.
You're not limited to just the Oculus store when playing PCVR games on the Quest. You'll be fine with playing this off Steam.

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
weird dimensions and how the B-Wing rotates around the stationary cockpit is probably the reason they didn't include it. every other ship (in this game) has a central cockpit that moves with the ship.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks excellent, especially for the 40 bucks pricetag. Unless there's enormous issues at launch this might be a day one for me.

Jachaos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really interested in this one. Brings back some feelings Star Wars games haven't had recently, but did when I was a kid on the late 90's/early 00's games, choosing my fighter, adding some things to it.