• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the game but I'll wait until they fix bugs and performance in order to continue. I hope they do it before I'm done with Pokemon.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the game last night. Yesterday morning I literally was at the final door before the last boss fight, but had to leave for most of the day. I have a few achievements to clean up on. It seems some databank entries don't trigger at all? I've waited for about 5 minutes at the faded mural on Bogano and nothing is happening.

On a side note, I'm surprised there's no physical/digital release for the music.

It seems some of these scans require enemies in the immediate area to be cleared before BD-1 will walk up to them and prompt for scan. I got one at the Tree last night after doing this.

(and thankfully they made it so easy to bail out of that section if you're revisiting and get what you need).

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
It's wild how this game can go from "Looking incredible and absolutely gorgeous" to "this might be one of the worst looking AAA games out there". The Wookies in particular are laughably bad looking at times. I feel like you can tell the parts of the game they had to really be hasty with to reach the release date.

My belief is that they were told to cut corners to get it out on the market now, and this lead to some very poor looking parts of the game.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's wild how this game can go from "Looking incredible and absolutely gorgeous" to "this might be one of the worst looking AAA games out there". The Wookies in particular are laughably bad looking at times. I feel like you can tell the parts of the game they had to really be hasty with to reach the release date.
Yeah, I posted this comparison just comparing character models in another thread.

8QXi26G.jpg

0BcWMpV.jpg

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After beating the game some days ago i started another playthrough and i can't skip cutscenes?Why just why?

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019
After struggling with some jank, bad qol decisions, stuttering, weird dialogue and character moments, and somewhat annoying timing regarding the combat - those last two hours definitely made the experience as a whole a good one.

All in all I would give it a 7.5/10.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely feel spoiled with the PC version, reading about all these issues on console. Hope they release a substantial patch.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand how Death Stranding and this game can have close to the same metaCritic. US reviewers really suck. They're like a whole console generation apart. Death Stranding is so much better looking, so much more polished and tight.

I even dare to say that I enjoyed Battlefront 2's campaign more than this game. At least it felt polished.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

Case in point - the opening 45 minutes and then the area straight after.

The past parts looks really hideous

Those training rooms literally look like a HD PS2 game.

Sadnarav

Nov 6, 2019
I don't understand how Death Stranding and this game can have close to the same metaCritic. US reviewers really suck. They're like a whole console generation apart. Death Stranding is so much better looking, so much more polished and tight.

I even dare to say that I enjoyed Battlefront 2's campaign more than this game. At least it felt polished.
There are other things to games than polish

I have zero interest in Death Stranding or anything Kojima touches after The Phantom Pain and this game is my second in my Game of the Year list, just behind Fire Emblem Three Houses

I really like the acting, the art direction, the level design, the metroidvania element and the all the Star Wars Mythos in this game

People have different tastes

It's better than Sekiro to me, that has a very better, tighter and more polish combat in the same style imo

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just finished it. What a great game, such a fun ride.
Some minor issues with level loading in one area of the game aside, I had no issues at all with it and loved the visuals and sound.

And the end. THE END. I did not spoil me in any way and I sat there with that stupid Star wars grin of 10yo me

Thanks respawn for that. Now I can't wait for a sequel.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Just finished the story, and I noticed that none of the collected planted seeds had grown at all the whole game, is it a bug or am I missing something?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really like the acting, the art direction, the level design, the metroidvania element and the all the Star Wars Mythos in this game

People have different tastes

It's better than Sekiro to me, that has a very better, tighter and more polish combat in the same style imo

Pretty much yep, it's like Sekiro Star Wars, I love it so much.

Just finished the story, and I noticed that none of the collected planted seeds had grown at all the whole game, is it a bug or am I missing something?

Has to be, I'm on the fourth planet and have three grown, I always check them though by interacting, literally everytime I'm in the ship.

Oct 25, 2017

Lmao

What the hell is this nonsense

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone knows the cornerstone of game reviewing should be polish and tightness.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Metacritic is bullshit and you shouldn't care about metascores to begin with.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, great little detail...

When you're in the nightmare sequence after touching the mirror, for the 15 seconds or so Cal is in Inquisitor gear with the red lightsaber, they change the 'saber power on' sound effect to the noise red sabers make when they turn on and off.

Nice little attention to detail in a game that tends to flub a lot on the polish side of things. I appreciate those kinds of little things.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Visually and in terms of audio this game is flawless. But the design made me so happy to be through with it. I didn't enjoy this anywhere near as much as I anticipated. The map is arguably for me the worst in my gaming experience, ever. The disastrously implemented, arduous level design.

Again, I say none of this lightly. I been an SW fan since birth. I'm watching the Mandelorian (Disney +) with enthusiasm but I honestly expected more from Respawn who arguably made the best SP campaign this generation with Titanfall 2.

I hope they do better next time around.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When you're in the nightmare sequence after touching the mirror, for the 15 seconds or so Cal is in Inquisitor gear with the red lightsaber, they change the 'saber power on' sound effect to the noise red sabers make when they turn on and off.

Nice little attention to detail in a game that tends to flub a lot on the polish side of things. I appreciate those kinds of little things.
Yep, I noticed that too.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Would you say this game looks a) Good most of the time. Or b) Bad most of the time. ?

I'm playing it on base PS4 and I think it generally looks fine. Certain parts of the game (wookiee models especially) are bad but most of it looks great to me. The facial animations on Cal and Merrin (and you know who) feel like they're way above everyone else's.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Since the demo had music I feel like it's absence in the b-roll was for copyright purposes.
God damn I love this game so much. What a year this has been.
Finished last night. This is my GoTY 2019. That is all.

You can now go back to attacking one another.
I finished the game during the weekend. I had such a great time. Probably my GOTY, even with the bugs.
Couldn't agree more. Absolutely floored by how much I really enjoyed this game. It has flaws but not enough to stop it from being my GOTY.
Feeling the same. Game was a damn good time.
Add me to the Team GOTY list.
Ahhh! Come on Geoff, put it in there. :(

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I feel like I am near the end game, so only read this if you finished it.

I've just had half a fight with Trilla on Bogano and seen her flash back.

How long have I got left?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm a few hours deep and I'm enjoying it, the voice acting is solid, it looks nice and the gameplay is fluid. The main, and only real issue I have is the stuttering, it ranges from mild to extreme (on Kashyyyk).

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, game takes a long time to load and then 20 fps when in, after the patch. Going to verify/repair and see if that does anything. Unfortunate.

System reboot fixed it. Should have done that first.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They actually change for every color, but I guess
red is easier to identify because of its presence in other Star Wars stories.

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
Just finished this - was taking my time with it and trying to 100% it on my first playthrough. Unfortunately, while I found all the chests and secrets, one of the chests
the underwater one in the Jedi Temple on Ilum
didn't register as having been opened, denying me the achievement :(

I really loved it! It was way better than it had any right to be, having only been in development for two years. The characters, story, dialogue, music and visuals all captured the Star Wars vibe perfectly. A strong contender with Kingdom Hearts 3 and Resident Evil 2 for my favourite game of the year.

I had the same glitch happen to me with another chest. Was a bit of a dampener as a completionist.

Apparently they are aware of the bug and they have a fix for their next patch

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

I...I didn't know there were different noises.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017

It's interesting/admirable that, for as many areas as they needed to cut corners to meet their release date, they really seemed to have put a lot of their resources into polishing the last couple hours of the game, the part of the game that statistically most players probably won't ever see

Wait what, does
BD-1 will no longer disappear during a later section of the game.
mean
when the bounty hunter kidnaps you?

Oct 28, 2017
Finished the game. Overall thought: Game is ok but disappointing I have a lot of issues with it and just about the only satisfying big encounter was the final boss. To be honest I preferred Force Unleashed. Gameplay in that game was more satisfying and fun. God of Star Wars was done better than Dark Star Warsiro. I'd be interested in a sequel but they need to make some serious improvements to the gameplay.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody actually like the saber throw move? I think it's really weak, expensive if you actually want it to have a useful range, and it looks terrible to boot.