• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SW Metascore

• > 95

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • 90-94

Votes: 139 10.8%
  • 85-89

Votes: 725 56.6%
  • 80-84

Votes: 333 26.0%
  • 75-79

Votes: 68 5.3%
  • < 70

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • < 60

Votes: 4 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Mid 80's. As SW games go, it is pushing in a new direction, even if it is heavily influenced by the Souls series.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Is the performance bad ? Why do I keep hearing performance issues ?
It isn't on Ps4 Pro.

You have 2 modes, resolution and performance.

Resolution is 30fps with more resolution and that plays solidly.

Performance mode is 1080p with 60fps, which are constant, most of the time. In this mode, when I entered a new area in a big open map/planet, the framerate would tank for like 3 -5 seconds, and then return to 60fps. It stays there even when in combat, in my experience, just tanks when (what I assume) it loads the stuff into a new area.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
85+ I think, based on recent previews and feedback the game is sounding fantastic.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Damn sounds amazing . This will be my first EA game this gen haha
At this point, i just hope for a good challenge, a good level design and some good combat, i don:t even care for plot or pg.
People shit their hands for respawn studios but their only single player title (tf2 campaign) was fucking short and piss easy even on hard (but still a great campaign) so i don't have the same trust people has towards them, to me they had almost everything to prove with an only single player game.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, i just hope for a good challenge, a good level design and some good combat, i don:t even care for plot or pg.
People shit their hands for respawn studios but their only single player title (tf2 campaign) was fucking short and easy even on hard (but still a great campaign) so i don't have the same trust people has towards them, to me they had everything to prove with a only single player game.
You're safe.

The game is hard, like, I'm getting my ass handed to me consistently on hard and I have beat the whole soulsborne saga, including platinum for bloodborne.

After the intro, levels are pretty big and intricate (and beautiful), at least what I've seen, for the moment.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
People shit their hands for respawn studios but their only single player title (tf2 campaign) was fucking short and piss easy even on hard (but still a great campaign) so i don't have the same trust people has towards them, to me they had everything to prove with a only single player game.

Stig Asmussen is directing Jedi Fallen Order so he's more than proved himself that he can handle single player games.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
You're safe.

The game is hard, like, I'm getting my ass handed to me consistently on hard and I have beat the whole soulsborne saga, including platinum for bloodborne.

After the intro, levels are pretty big and intricate (and beautiful), at least what I've seen, for the moment.
Music to my ears, the reddit opinions was on another register completely.

The guy said that the game is a notch or two more easy than souls saga so i was really worried...

So you can confirm the high challenge of the game at maximum difficulty?!

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

The guy said that the game is a notch or two more easy than souls saga so i was really worried...

The guy on Reddit was playing on normal though so if you want a 'souls' like challenge then sounds like hard will give you what you want.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017

I can, but in the end, we are all different, maybe you find it easier than me.

The game is not easy at all. I started on Jedi Master and lowered it to Jedi Knight because it was getting frustrating to me.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
The guy on Reddit was playing on normal though so if you want a 'souls' like challenge then sounds like hard will give you what you want.
I can, but in the end, we are all different, maybe you find it easier than me.

The game is not easy at all. I started on Jedi Master and lowered it to Jedi Knight because it was getting frustrating to me.

Onestly best news of the day, i'm hyped again for something related to star wars, not an easy task.
giphy.gif

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
High 80s, I believe in Respawn to make something great, it will be compared a lot to Fromsoft games for better and worse.

A more accessible Souls game with far higher production values but ultimately not quite as enjoyable/rewarding.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
what did titan fall 2 do for respawn on meta? i feel respawn is a proven dev team .

i m booking 86

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
This game is like my dream coming true, a Star Wars game that's like Bloodborne! I can't believe they actually went for this!

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Yep, as soon as the game is playable, you'll be able to jump in.

Yeah, but it's odd. The email says the key is available, yet when I click the link it says it's not available for download yet.

I guess they don't send the codes until after it's available for purchase then. Still it's weird and I emailed them about it.

Last edited:

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
I'm going with 86.
Feel like the vibes here have completely shifted compared to reactions to the early gameplay.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going with 86.
Feel like the vibes here have completely shifted compared to reactions to the early gameplay.

The reactions to E3 were mixed at best. But the preview event a few weeks back, reactions were basically all positive and they had 3 hours. Hearing the same from the early impressions.

Based on leaked footage I've seen and impressions I feel like my 85-89 predictions seems pretty sound. Presentation/art direction/story may end up being better than expected and lightsaber combat sounds amazing, but there are some funky animations and platforming things, and some reviewers will think its too light on rpg elements and gameplay style/customization.

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone with the Xbox One X version? I´m curious to know how well it performs in the 60fps mode.