• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
They really REALLY need to stop.

4 marvel and SW shows back to back within 6 months what the fuck are they doing ?

I didn't care much for Mando or Boba. There may be other stuff I haven't seen but guess what? This and Obi look great to me. I don't need to see everything for MCU or Star Wars and if something is good enough that gets me hyped up again, I've got some backlog I can try checking out again.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Slowly liking Star Wars again…it's OT Era but it looks interesting, they just haven't done that with the other stuff for me.

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
Yes please, looks amazing and like Rogue One just tonally right. They've found a great niche with these series by filling in story beats and enriching the lore.

Thankfully , kinda the opposite of what they did with the ST which is a narrative / story mess.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
CLEAN AF
I'm in.

senatet8kqq.png

Is this the Imperial Senate? Cus it looks like the Imperial Senate.

It sure is. Mon Mothma is still a Senator at this point and is a big part of the series. Seems she'll be the political storyline.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Looks really good. I already thought this show might surprise people given the creative team behind, but visually it looks really impressive too.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't care much for Mando or Boba. There may be other stuff I haven't seen but guess what? This and Obi look great to me. I don't need to see everything for MCU or Star Wars and if something is good enough that gets me hyped up again, I've got some backlog I can try checking out again.

This was not a quality issue.

This is an over saturation (which will leads vfx team to rush jobs : see she hulk) and people being fed up eventually.

Like Andor looks great but holy fuck did we need this less than a month after Vader vs Obi Wan ??

yes they need to stop with Marvel and make more SW content.

Marvel already had 7 fucking shows on D+ while Star Wars had only 4 so far.

Not the point.

I don't want the SW shows back to back, SW needs time to breathe. It's like they learned nothing.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah it looks really cool. It's like the darker side of the coin to the more lighthearted approach of Rebels.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
i'm shocked at how good this looks, jumped right up in interest for me

They really REALLY need to stop.

4 marvel and SW shows back to back within 6 months what the fuck are they doing ?

releasing content people want to see for their streaming service, shocking i know

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Been telling y'all this will be good for years...

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
Anyone who's been following the production of this show and who is involved/the budget isn't surprised at this looking so good. Sometimes it helps to not to dismiss things just because everyone else is.

Oct 25, 2017
This was not a quality issue.

This is an over saturation (which will leads vfx team to rush jobs : see she hulk) and people being fed up eventually.

Like Andor looks great but holy fuck did we need this less than a month after Vader vs Obi Wan ??

Not the point.

I don't want the SW shows back to back, SW needs time to breathe. It's like they learned nothing.

Why do different tv shows need time to breathe.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
What a wild ride for Genevieve O'Reilly. Cut out of Revenge of the Sith, then gets a cameo in Rogue One, then voices Mon Mothma in a few episodes of Rebels and now she's the second main character in a new Star Wars show.

Would love to hear her talk about all that.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
This looks great,

I have hope they'll tackle some interesting things with this as Andor isnt exactly a massive character, so they have the ability to take his arc/personaility anywhere really.

Thank fuck there is no tatooine.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This looks incredible. I'm 100% in. If they nail this, it might be the best D+ original and the best Star Wars thing in years. Holy moly even after reading all the pre-release stuff in Vanity Fair this week I didn't think the show was going for this big a scale.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
It actually looks really interesting and reminds me of the vibes I got from Rogue One. Disney is shitting out so much content and such an incredible pace.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fantastic but I really need them to slow down with SW shows.

I know it'll never happen with Disney but I want a new Star Wars thing to feel like an event.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing. Hopefully it holds up. It's looks straight up movie quality. No dodgy CGI here lol

Can someone explain when/where/why this takes place? It looks decent.
It's pre-Rogue One about 5 years before A New Hope/Rogue One I think. It will tackle the early rebellion/formation of it by the looks. When they were mostly isolated cells of resistance fighters