• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
E9hUcWEXoAQQa4f.png
I need this to be the post credits scene

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
What possible motivation does Strange have to cast that spell? As far as I know he doesn't have any experiences that he could relate to to know what Peter is going through. It's got to be something more than just empathy. Is it just Strange drunk on power and wanted to do it to see if he could?
He seems to be high on saving half the universe and feels a sense of camaraderie with Peter.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So every main villain from the first 5 films appear. Maybe the 6th is a villain that hasn't been introduced in live action yet?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even with a different writer, the MCU strange has been set up to not be reckless. Him doing a spell for Peter rather than tell Peter he needs to deal with it himself is way out of character. Also why did it look like he was fighting Peter on the train

The first movie he reads from the same forbidden text the villain does, and the entire impetus for Baron Mordo's character arc is that he thinks people like Strange are being incredibly selfish and reckless.

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
The pumpkin bomb and Doc Ock look like they both come from the same scene on the highway overpass.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
If this movie brings back Tobey, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Charlie Cox/Daredevil(and possibly Kingpin), this will be the first time I'm actually hyped for an MCU Spider-man.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Man, multiverse shenanigans that were introduced with Loki and now continuing in No Way Home, What If?, and Strange 2 has me excited about the possibilities.

Judging from the trailer, it seemed to me that Peter disrupted Strange's spell in such a way so that Strange accidentally accessed the multiverse and pulled in certain variants (I'm just going to call them this for simplicity's sake) related to Peter. Quite a screw-up lol but I'll wait until the full movie before jumping to any conclusions.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Man, multiverse shenanigans that were introduced with Loki and now continuing in No Way Home, What If?, and Strange 2 has me excited about the possibilities.

I know it's going to be a while before they get to mutants at all, but I really hope we get an Exiles Disney+ series sometime in this Multiverse saga.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait.....so Strange is kickstarting this and it wasn't because of the events from LOKI? If that is the case. I'm extremely disappointed.

So basically Dr.Strange messed something up and some stuff is happening around NYC/Spidey related.

Anyone concerned about this? (I haven't read the leaked script or any deeper details. Please no spoilers)
The events of loki make this sort of event easier to spin out of control, unrestrained
Strange is causing a nexus event, and now the TVA isnt pruning anymore
they specifically warned that this could happen without the tva, the multiverse would start branching and running into each other causing conflict between realities
we're seeing it happen
kang is not the only villain in the multiverse to worry about

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Judging from the trailer, it seemed to me that Peter disrupted Strange's spell in such a way so that Strange accidentally accessed the multiverse and pulled in certain variants (I'm just going to call them this for simplicity's sake) related to Peter. Quite a screw-up lol but I'll wait until the full movie before jumping to any conclusions.

It's likely a spell that taps into multiversal probabilities or something yeah

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
to think, people thought the NwH trailer wouldn't release between Loki episodes because it would take attention away from Loki. Now there's What if...

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
A part of me think its lizard because venom feels way to early but Im not crazy you can clearly see some white spot on his face that look a lot like venom"s eyes and a huge tongue. It really looks like venom lmao
The white spot looks like a shiny scaly shoulder to me

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
More Spidey stuff is nice as I'm currently playing Miles Morales on PS5.

Wonder if they add some new suits from this movie.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Looks super dumb but honestly I am looking forward to watching it, even after how terrible the last one was.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Have any of you realized that the pitch for this movie (with Sony executives) would have probably been very similar to the meeting the Avengers have when they are trying to figure out how to get the Infinity Stones in Endgame?

Sony - Marvel we want to have the sinister six in the movie!
Marvel - Sorry, your failures have not allowed you to make enough movies to get them together before reboots.
Someone - Guys if you think about it, we already have the six villains across all three reboots!
Sony - You are right! Green Goblin, Sandman and Dr Octavius from Toby, Lizard and Rhino from Garfield's and Vulture from MCU
Marvel - Six villains, three reboots, one shot!