• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, i loved about Homecoming that the stakes were so small scale and localized. It's what i liked about Ant-Man as well.
Not every Marvel hero needs to be constantly saving the entire world. (or even Universe...)

Yep, it's a breath of fresh air and part of what makes the character so endearing in general (Friendly Neighborhood and all that)

Someone the most memorbile spiderman stories took place in europe. The death of ned leeds, and his first meeting with wolverine.

Uh oh D:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Someone the most memorbile spiderman stories took place in europe. The death of ned leeds, and his first meeting with wolverine.

Gwen Stacy giving birth to Norman Osborn's superpowered bastard children.

amaz_512011_2.jpg

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really excited to see Gyllenhaal in the movie. Seen most of the movies he's been in and he is an extremely talented actor.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also love the jab at the people who were hoping for a She's All That "face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot" moment from MJ

Michelle continues to be the best

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Homecoming and this looks pretty good.

Can someone please translate the "first fell in love" line for me? I listened like 5 times but couldn't tell what he said before getting knocked out.

Zendaya continues to be incredible. The Spiderman theme rendition was also incredible.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man I'm going to have to stay away from this thread because of the leak talk but that is one really cool trailer. All the locations, all those villains, the black suit! Scale seems to be much so bigger than Homecoming.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The color grading in this film murders my soul.

Not sure what to make out of Mysterio, could very well be a fake out for the trailer.

Mysterio is obviously a villain and uses his illusions (which is the part I can't explain yet) to get folks to start supporting him or something else and he has an evil plan which needs everyone trust!!!

Don't know how he would make these monsters though. Aren't those Sandman and Hydroman?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
The twist is Spider Man and Fury were killed by Thanos and they are just illusions made by Mysterio to give people hope.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not feeling it. I did like the transition from a globe to the Spidey logo though.

Hoping for a definitive version of Mysterio, because what they did with Vulture was fantastic.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to Fury and Peter playing off each other, it looks like they really nailed that dynamic.

And man, you can already tell Gyllenhaal is going to steal the show the same way Keaton did in Homecoming. Even if the "twist" is so obvious to anyone who vaguely knows who Mysterio is, even from this trailer alone.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Okay, this trailer actually had me smiling the whole way through. Color me hyped, more so than I was for Homecoming. I guess Spider-Man's winning streak is gonna continue into this year. Also, I absolutely love the poster.

This is gonna be the next Spiderman 2, I can feel it. That black/red glider suit. Nick Fury back to recruitment after being gone for so long. Jack Gyllenhaal Mysterio is looking ballet as fuck. Elementals on the big screen. Elementals on the big screen with Mysterio and Spidey potentially teaming up. I need this tomorrow.
Peter had the web wings in the Stark Suit, so I'd imagine that the Fury Suit carried over whatever upgrades Tony initially added to the suit.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, i loved about Homecoming that the stakes were so small scale and localized. It's what i liked about Ant-Man as well.
Not every Marvel hero needs to be constantly saving the entire world. (or even Universe...)
Idd. Spider-Man was also not weighed down by the need to shoehorn it into the bigger MCU-picture. It was just a boy-becomes-a-hero story, with a lot of heart.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
INTO MY FUCKING VEINSSSSSSSSSSSS

It looked way better than I was expecting. Mysterio looked good, the new stuff with Fury looked awesome. Also, Pete's birthday is a day before mine, that's awesome

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
That was a great trailer. Got what I wanted out of it. I love the dynamic of May knowing he's Spider-man. That's going to be a fun angle to explore.

I should go read that Nuff Said issue when she found out Peter was Spidey and she wrote all the papers to defend him after years of disliking him.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
If you complaining about jokes in a Spider-Man film you are now beyond help.

This is an absurd complaint. If half the universe is missing and the Avengers can't undo that, then that's the end of the Marvel Universe. Certainly the end of them being effective heroes. Why do people on enthusiast forums have such a problem with this but people IRL don't? I've got family members who won't even watch A3 until A4 comes out because "they wanna see how the Avengers fix things". We know they beat Thanos and undo what he did, but we don't know how or who doesn't make it out of finally beating him.
Because steaks stakes, if I were to guess.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
You know, I get hung up on spoilers too but you don't have to be psychic to know most of the characters that "died" in IW weren't going to stay dead.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good. i have been asking them to move Spiderman to a different city for years now. The best part about Amazing Spiderman 2 was the subplot where they might go to London. I am so done with NY.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
This is an absurd complaint. If half the universe is missing and the Avengers can't undo that, then that's the end of the Marvel Universe. Certainly the end of them being effective heroes. Why do people on enthusiast forums have such a problem with this but people IRL don't? I've got family members who won't even watch A3 until A4 comes out because "they wanna see how the Avengers fix things". We know they beat Thanos and undo what he did, but we don't know how or who doesn't make it out of finally beating him.
lol? Because people on enthusiast forums are... enthusiasts? I bet if I watched this trailer, my stupid brain would keep reminding me "Oh so and so 100% live so don't worry about whatever scene they're in in Avengers 4".

Also... trailers nowadays are generally spoilery. I loved IW but I think a few moments were lost due to trailers showing Caps reveal, the Wakanda battle (ie plot progression/direction) etc.

ps I get the impression you thought I was saying I hope Thanos wins or that I wanted half the universe to stay erased?? Not sure why but obviously the Avengers will win, the real point of intrigue will be the consequences and timelapse, eg T'Challa returning to Wakanda and discovering Shuri or M'Baku is the new Black Panther and has been for like 5 years or whatever.

I'm really perplexed you can't agree that seeing something that takes place after the climax of (what is effectively) a season finale before the finale itself, takes some of the wind out its sails. Obviously everyone will be fine but you know, movies are kind of about suspending your disbelief lol

I've got family members who won't even watch A3 until A4 comes out because "they wanna see how the Avengers fix things".

just imagine this trailer playing before Endgame and your family/other casual goers being like "oh.... wait what? Hes alive?" You're telling me nothing has gone wrong in that situation lol

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not impressed.

Looks pretty paint by numbers. Much like Homecoming, so at least they're consistent.

I guess Nick Fury is the new guardian figure for Parker in this film. Cool /s.