• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
If Democrats think so badly that Trump obstructed justice as they are suggesting at this hearing, then they should be doing their job and holding impeachment inquiries. It's maddening.

Mueller's press conference increased public support for impeachment, despite him not stating any new information. This will likely do the same, because mother fuckers. do not. read.

Consider the handful of soundbites collected in this thread, and consider that millions will be exposed to them for the first time because this hearing was public.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
LOL this is a hilariously terrible line of questioning.

"Why aren't you following the old way of things?"

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
This is getting away from the Republicans. He is warmed up. And my apologies for calling dementia before. It speaks more of my stupidity than his state.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Lol this dude keeps cutting Mueller off. Is that some kind of wannabe trump handshake alpha move or something?

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think the distinction is "Can you charge the President with a crime after he left office" versus "Would you charge the President with a crime after he left office". I think Mueller was answering the former, but the soundbite is probably effective regardless.

I think Mueller took the question as the former (Can you charge a President), but the tone of the questioner and the repeat of the question made it seem like he was asking the latter (Could you charge this President).

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Respectfully Rep. Reschenthaler, you don't have nearly the experience that Robert Mueller does, and the fact that you yielded time to Jim Jordan speaks volumes.

We ALL have an agenda here, but I don't believe yours is in line with American ideals.

Oct 26, 2017
These people talking down to Mueller as if his credentials are hilarious. It's like listening to someone tell Gandalf how to use magic, or tell Bob Ross he doesn't know shit about trees.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"im sure theres a spectrum between people who aren't telling the whole truth and outright liars"

"so outright liars, thank you"

wut

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mueller's press conference increased public support for impeachment, despite him not stating any new information. This will likely do the same, because mother fuckers. do not. read.

Consider the handful of soundbites collected in this thread, and consider that millions will be exposed to them for the first time because this hearing was public.
That would be okay if it was only the Democrats creating soundbites. But Republicans are creating soundbites as well. The hearing (similar to debates) has little to do with content but rather who creates the best soundbites.

I do think the Democrats are doing a little better creating a cohesive story now compared to earlier this morning. But I don't see the needle being swayed at the moment towards impeachment.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Mueller correctly stating that the president could be charged after he leaves office. You're conflating two things together.

I don't know man. "You believe you could charge the President of the United States after leaving office?" This question isn't about a President, it's not about the Office of President. It's about THE President. All the question leading up to this one, they were referring to THE President. Not past or future, the current President.