• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Mountain Dew® and KFC® are partnering to electrify their beverage lineup with Sweet Lightning®, an out-of-this-sky refreshment lit up with a punch of peach and a touch of honey flavors. Available exclusively at KFC restaurants nationwide by July 1, DEW is fixin' up a true-to-its-roots soda that will brighten each and every one of your taste buds.
Peach AND Honey on top of Mountain dew......how can you go from Baja Blast to this. Fat4all explain?
8c163c8f-19fc-43a0-bb8d-99d6e3989bf8-large16x9_mtndewsweetlightning.PNG

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
also there's some sort of AMERICAN LIBERATION dew or sommit right now?

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Peach sounds not bad. Honey sounds dreadful.

Also is there a Zero Sugar variant, because I'm in love with that version of Baja.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
It is not good
It tastes like liquefied gummy bears
I know that sounds good on paper, but it is literally the sugariest thing I have ever fucking tasted. People joke about type 2 diabetes in a can, but I legitimately thought it was a health hazard as I was drinking it
I probably would have loved it when I was 12

Slash SeveN

Oct 25, 2017
also there's some sort of AMERICAN LIBERATION dew or sommit right now?

Liberty Brew, saw it at the store before the E3 press conferences and said, well of course I'll be drinking this during them.
It was a high ranking dew... up until I hit the label area. As it gets warmer, it's just too much, too sweet, too syrupy. I'm not an ice with my soda guy, but this would have benefited from some.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember if we already had a thread about this sucker or if I'm just remembering the Munch Squad on it.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It is not good
It tastes like liquefied gummy bears
I know that sounds good on paper, but it is literally the sugariest thing I have ever fucking tasted. People joke about type 2 diabetes in a can, but I legitimately thought it was a health hazard as I was drinking it
I probably would have loved it when I was 12
Nothing beats thier grape variant
We lost Livewire for a soda that looks like piss. amazing.
RIP Surge and Vault

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
so

Yum! Brands owns both Taco Bell and KFC

they noticed how Taco Bell having a unique beverage gave it a bit of an edge, so they want to try and do the same with KFC

but honestly, Baja Blast is just better than Sweet Lightning, and Sweet Lightning isn't interesting enough

so i doubt it stick around tbh

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Mountain Dew will never be able to top this magic level of perfection

034c2189-ad43-48a1-a6d3-3f84b95ade95_1.33608791a086613affab2ed21da8e189.jpeg

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I like the idea of peach and honey as a soda flavor but I hate the idea of going to a KFC for the chance to try it.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
If this sticks, expect that Pizza Hut will get its own weird Dew variant