• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
I dont wanna hear « but the players put the pressure on them to release the game ». They overblown their marketing campaign, they took preorders while the game wasn't even running properly and THEY announced release dates that were impossible to achieve

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
It made it to the mainstream news where I'm living.

Karma's a bitch.

lmao @ the gifs in this thread.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So a manager exclusively designed transphobic material in a vacuum?

Did the management really enforce every piece of transphobic, racist and homophobic imagery?

I think management fostered a 'bro gamer' vision for the whole company starting from PR. The whole 'Dear gamers' in the official statements, how they position themselves as 'pro gamers' unlike other companies, etc...

That affected the whole development of CP2077 since it seems to be made with those kind of gamers in mind: is juvenile, edgy and cool while avoiding a good chunk of what the Cyberpunk is about. The cringe sex scene that seems to be made by 13 year old people that I watched yesterday reinforces that.

I'm not saying no dev at CDPR is transphobic, but the vision for CP2077 and what it represents does not come from devs it comes from management.

Thatdamnmook

Oct 27, 2017
Just submitted a request. I'll be honest, I put about 20 hours into it on the PS5 and was enjoying it to an extent; however the frequent crashes (I mean every half an hour) became too much.

Oct 27, 2017
gamers did indeed request this, props

fc,550x550,heather_grey.2u1.jpg

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Fuck, the digital version was supposed to be my brother's gift I was gonna buy ON the 25th, along with a PS5, since Sony has no fucking gifting option.
Any way to buy the digital version now?

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I do wonder if Microsoft is going to pull the game as well. I've got it on Series X. I've been tempted to refund the game just because I've been kind of bored of the game if I'm being honest. I'm at Act 1: Mission 1, just after the prologue and I left V's apartment for the first time. I just have zero motivation to see anything more in the game.

This is EXACTLY me.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Somebody is going to get fired after this

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Jesus Christ lol, I'm going to be honest, I'm really wondering how Black Chamber is handling what seems to be one of the worst launch of all time lol

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah this is Sony's direct response to a huge influx of refund requests that Sony's existing refund policy is woefully equipped to deal with. Rather than look at the refund policy itself they just yank the game from the store and make an exception for this game. Not trying to defend Cyberpunk in any way cause honestly CDPR could not have handled this any worse but it's not like Sony has any problems with broken pieces of shit games on their store. Life of Black Tiger is still being sold last time i checked.
I doubt Sony could start a new refund policy for all games within a week. Hopefully this will make them improve the process in the future.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
How the mighty have fallen. Good move by Sony. Hopefully this will serve as a lesson for other major development studios/publishers. Guessing MS will follow suit shortly.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Who knew Assassin's Creed: Valhalla would turn out the better open world game this holiday season.

Holy shit HOW do you fuck something up this bad. I don't recall GTAV or RDR2 being this messy at launch, quite the opposite actually.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, this is first time I've seen something like this. CDPR's reputation is crumbling at mach speed.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the headline about the delisting on PSN. Holy fucking shit, what an absolute disaster.

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Who knew Assassin's Creed: Valhalla would turn out the better open world game this holiday season.

Holy shit HOW do you fuck something up this bad. I don't recall GTAV or RDR2 being this messy at launch, quite the opposite actually.
Rockstar Games deserves all the credit for their perfectionism. RDR 2 on a base PS4 and GTA V on a PS3 is nothing but pure magic.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Realistic time for re-certifcation is probably either after the announced big January or February patch, right?

I hope CDPR manages to let their devs have their Christmas break and not go into full-on crunch mode right away speed up the process.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I still do not understand anything about the strategy with this game. That original april date was clearly not even remotely realistic, which then had them get egg on their face with multiple delays...and it's still in an awful spot.

They just never needed to commit to 2020, the game was going to be big no matter when it released, now they're hurting longer term sales while being pressured to fix the mountains of bugs.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
The devs are going to be chained to their desks for the next year at this rate. The leadership team needs a huge shakeup for many reasons.