• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Or whatever the "XMB" is called on PS5.

Man, hovering over a game and just listening to the music was fucking cool. Extra video is an optional neat feature but I'm all for the music.

Bring it back!

P.S - What was your favourite XMB game theme?

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
No. Please no. Or at least make it toggleable.

I'm pretty sure my tinnitus is due to Cash Guns Chaos and its XMB music

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would leave the XMB hovering on PS All Stars for that hype theme

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This still exists on the PS4, depending on the game of course.

Oct 27, 2017
213e453cbc54c2effcc1f8a4a1127f28.jpg

Loud af
Great game tho

klauskpm

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
As a togglable option? Of course. Always in favor of more power to people. I would toggle it off immediately.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Oh wow I remembered the xmb music, but I forgot about the absurd volumes it would reach.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Some games still do this on PS4. Once the game is highlighted just click down on the D pad to go into game details from the home screen and something should play.
Sony never removed it, just comes dow to the devs

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck that, purposely had to delete God of War games off the PS3 because of this

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017

Lol.....Exactly! The number of times Cash Guns Chaos or Shatter burned me when I was navigating the XMB late at night when the rest of the household was asleep. Why were their volume levels a magnitude higher than anything else on the system?

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
I always enjoyed blasting music that would wake everyone in the house and make me jump just because I dared to scroll through my list of digital games slightly too slowly.

No, the music should never return. Too many developers were absolute jerks and didn't want to spend 10 seconds lowering the volume (I refuse to believe nobody noticed the eardrum shattering music in testing).

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Alex Kidd in Miracle World used to make me (figuratively) shit myself whenever I'd scan down my list of games. It was about twice as loud as everything else. And Alex Kidd is pretty high up a list of alphabetically ordered games.

Fuck this, OP! Let's not do this!

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite parts of CFW is being able to make custom versions of this.

Hopefully PS5 gives us some personalization options like this.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I loved that too lol

PS4 still has it though (it is a game by game casis) but you need to press down when you reach the game icon

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017