• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want a Sonic Adventure remake?

• Yes but it has to be exactly like the original

Votes: 167 15.6%
  • Yes but they need to drastically change things

Votes: 563 52.5%
  • No, some things are better left in the past.

Votes: 343 32.0%

• Total voters

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Graphics upgrade and a more manageable camera is all I need. Half the fun of SA was exploiting the jank

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Hell yeah.
Update the graphics, fix controls and camera and voilà.
I would change nothing else in terms of content and structure, not even the fishing minigame.
Release a mobile App for that Chao thing.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
This was you wasn't it?

eggman-robotnik-gets-into-chao-garden-kicking-chaos-13960436970.gif
Oh yeah them chaos got dunked on when I came in. Except I always did it as Sonic to teach them that our hero's also have flaws.

stupidumbguy

Banned
Feb 28, 2018
Replace Rouge with one of the 2 new chars from Mania.
How DARE You!

Seriously though, I just played some Sonic Adventure this morning (I got a One X and I downloaded a bunch of old shit that I owned) and I'm so full of rage over how bad it is. Sonic Adventure 2 on the other hand? Yes, give me a remake of that, please.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Adventure is such a product of its time in so many ways, it's hard to imagine a remake that doesn't ruin its identity. Even stuff like the style of the UI is important to get right. Probably better to just leave it alone, imo.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How DARE You!

Seriously though, I just played some Sonic Adventure this morning (I got a One X and I downloaded a bunch of old shit that I owned) and I'm so full of rage over how bad it is. Sonic Adventure 2 on the other hand? Yes, give me a remake of that, please.
Let's be real. Only 1/3 of SA2 was good. The knuckles/rogue and Eggman/Tails levels can go die in a fire.

Oct 28, 2017
YES!!!!

Seriously just do it. Rework the camera, improve some of the jank and make the open hub more seamless without load times. Sonic Adventure is still a great game all in all. We would benefit greatly from a proper remake.

Oh and Big not being a requirement for completion of the story would be aces.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
A remake would be useful to de-jank the game but I kind of feel like there'd be a danger of overly-sanitizing it or rewriting it into purely the Sonic Unleashed style and removing what made Adventure unique, even from Adventure 2, that it was the only one of the 3D games to really try a momentum-based gameplay with a roll button.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
A remake would be useful to de-jank the game but I kind of feel like there'd be a danger of overly-sanitizing it or rewriting it into purely the Sonic Unleashed style and removing what made Adventure unique, even from Adventure 2, that it was the only one of the 3D games to really try a momentum-based gameplay with a roll button.

I mean it barely functions with momentum so it shouldn't impact it if they made it more scripted.

Oct 28, 2017
Remove the hub world and make it more like Galaxy 2 in that you choose what area you want to go to.
I don't agree I think the hub is an important pary of the game. I think they just need to make transitions between areas seamless without load times, and they could add a fast travel system as well if necessary. SA's hub was quite small and easy to navigate anyway.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't trust Izuka anymore. Are there actually a proper Sonic Team at Sega anyway? I remember some thread saying that it was merged into another team within Sega.

I love Sonic Adventure, jank and all but a remake today doesn't make anysense and revisit the game seems an herculean task, improving story and writing let alone game systems. I can't see Izuka's Team getting the job done.

Oct 28, 2017
I can't trust Izuka anymore. Are there actually a proper Sonic Team at Sega anyway? I remember some thread saying that it was merged into another team within Sega.

I love Sonic Adventure, jank and all but a remake today doesn't make anysense and revisit the game seems an herculean task, improving story and writing let alone game systems. I can't see Izuka's Team getting the job done.
Indeed. I'm hoping Sega sees some sense with their next major Sonic game and the Sonic Team as we currently know it aren't allowed anywhere near it. I've lost all faith in Sonic Team.

Abcdude

Sep 9, 2018
It's painfully obvious that 3D Sonic just needs to be rebooted. Maybe a remake in the attempt of R&C 2016 could be a good start, as long as it's not R&C 2016.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Part 2 makes more sense. It has a better base game to work with. Sonic Adventure, with the awful hub, is gonna be a hard remake.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess that's the next Sonic game then. It's so obvious they just sort of ran out of ideas, they're already pandering to classic fans and Adventure fans are now old enough to be pandered to in the same way.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's painfully obvious that 3D Sonic just needs to be rebooted. Maybe a remake in the attempt of R&C 2016 could be a good start, as long as it's not R&C 2016.

Sega already tried rebooting the series a bazillion times. Sonic 06, lost world, boom, to name a few massively misguided attempts.

If anything they need to stop trying to reboot the series and actually just build on what works, without doing stupid nonsense like building forces on the lost world engine instead of the perfectly good hedgehog engine from generations.

All sonic needs is decent developers and an environment that supports them, but that simply won't be happening at modern day Sega.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love an Adventure remake, and perhaps a follow up in that style after the team have re-familiarized themselves with this formula. I'd like something in between "exact same" and "drastic changes" though.

Really, we just need a nicely polished product, expand on the Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles sections, and make Big's optional.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
cut knuckles / rouge's stage in half / out and we can talk, until then even big the cats fishing adventures blow SA2 away
I've been replaying SA1/SA2 on Steam and i legitimately never want to touch another Big or Amy stage again, at least Rouge & Knuckles didn't control like absolute shit in comparison.