• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is it that bad?

• Yes

Votes: 178 27.4%
  • No

Votes: 244 37.5%
  • Thor 2 The Dark World

Votes: 228 35.1%

• Total voters

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As I watch it as part of my MCU rewatch... is the worst MCU film? Uh... pretty close, but I probably dislike Iron Man 2 just a little bit more. The villain Malekith is just really underwhelming... (gotta focus on fangirl favorite Loki) and it's pretty obvious Natalie Portman just does NOT want to be there.

But the set designs are GORGEOUS.

But yeah I think Iron Man 2 is just a little bit worse.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
It has it's moments for sure, but the villains aren't that compelling. I thought the Thor and Loki scenes were as good as any other movie.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
It just exists, it is a black void of nothingness.
But I don't think it's bad, just extremely boring.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I'd call it average or even boring, but not necessarily bad. I enjoyed it far more than I did Ironman 2 or that paint-by-numbers Hulk movie.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It is not that bad, and the ending scene is awesome, one of the best cliffhangers in the MCU, sadly it was threated as a 5 minute joke in Thor 3.

Ironman 3 is waaaay worse.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I recently rewatched all of the MCU films including The Incredible Hulk, in order, and Thor 2 definitely stuck out as the worst to me.

I don't love IM2, but I'd honestly take it over Thor and Thor 2 pretty much any day of the week.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Its the only Marvel movie that I consider bad. And yes, I remember that Iron Man 2 & 3 exists.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It has Darcy, best MCU supporting character!
441fd2228091b50df4a33b52cfa915a22d8575c0r1-500-200_hq.gif

And the references in Endgame are worth to rewatch the film :v

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Rewatch it.

It really is. I tried to give it a second look, but it truly is that bad. The best stuff is all Thor and Loki dealing with their mother's death but it's buried under so much trash.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its boring.

And I get they want Thor and his ilk to be "aliens" but ugh what they did to the Dark Elves just bothers me

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Iron Man sequels are worse. Thor 2 is just incredibly boring and forgettable. Honestly, while Captain Marvel is certainly a better movie than Thor 2, it's about as boring.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I really enjoy the Thor trilogy. Much better than Iron Man's garbage set of films.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the old forum meme, was that it's not really bad, but just so forgettable that it's funny when it got mentioned in random threads. Like six degrees of separation.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I haven't watched it, but always heard it was the lowest of the MCU from the majority.

Yet I have this one friend.....who thinks it's fine and actually thinks Thor Ragnarok is the worst of the Thor movies.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The MCU is no stranger to clunkers, but it's on the bottom rung of MCU movies purely because of how atrocious the writing is IMO. This is one movie Loki alone can't save.

I'm struggling to think of one I liked less, but my dislike is tempered by a heavy apathy for most MCU movies.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think the biggest issue that I had with Thor and Thor 2: The Dark World is both are boring movies, not so much as they're fundamentally bad movies.

I honestly think that's much worse, as there are some great bad good movies to watch (The Happening, Airborne, and Over The Top are such examples).

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's just super boring and dry. Iron Man 2 might be a worse movie, but at least RDJ is entertaining.

I haven't watched it, but always heard it was the lowest of the MCU from the majority.

Yet I have this one friend.....who thinks it's fine and actually thinks Thor Ragnarok is the worst of the Thor movies.
Keep your friend, but just remember in the back of your mind not to listen to their opinions or recommendations of movies.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
It's got the first great final battle in the MCU, some great scenes between Thor and Loki, some absolutely gorgeous scenes (Frigga's funeral is impressive) and some fun.

that said, it's got a REALLY weak villain, a convoluted story line, and some ridiculous additions to Asgard, with the whole spaceships battle thing.

Heimdall taking down that one ship on his own is fantastic, though.

Dec 21, 2018
Doesn't treat Thor mythos with respect in my opinion. Dark elves using technology instead of magic? Asgardian ships having turrets? No thanks.

Puddington

Nov 2, 2017
It was a joke bad option on most polls, even on gaming polls, for years after it was released. It's that bad.

Oct 25, 2017
This movie needs to be studied by the scientific community, it's got this rare ability that automatically makes you forget you just watched it second the credits roll.