• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer Disney's stuff from the late 40s/50s to be honest. Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan (minus the depiction of natives).

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
My man.

tenor.gif
Kinda wonder why New Groove flopped so hard considering it's so universally beloved these days. It even got positive reviews at the time. I know about its extremely troubled production history as Kingdom of the Sun, but that shouldn't have affected how it did in the box office.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it's The Lion King. Aladdin is great, but feels a bit more dated today. The Lion King will forever be timeless.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Hell no. Aside from Genie, it's not even my top 5. We still got Treasure Planet, Lilo and Stitch, and Lion King. You buggin, fam.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wonder why New Groove flopped so hard considering it's so universally beloved these days. It even got positive reviews at the time. I know about its extremely troubled production history as Kingdom of the Sun, but that shouldn't have affected how it did in the box office.
No idea. Maybe people just didn't get or know they wanted a pure comedy Disney animated movie?

It's the only movie my dad was ever actually excited to go see in a theater with us growing up. One of the only ones he ever did see in a theater with us. And for me I feel like it only got better every time I watched it. We were worried when it came out that all the funny stuff was in the trailers, but that definitely wasn't the case.

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017
Better question is:

A Whole New World vs. I'll Make a Man Out of You

which is the best Disney song?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
90s Revival Era is so good you could say this about most of its movies. But no its not Aladdin. Despite its flaws, Hunchback is easily the best movie. Adapts the book while respecting its theatrical history like the 1939 adaptation, has some of the most striking visuals, and even the somewhat shoehorned love story works flawlessly because its basically just treat women with respect and like they are people, which is highly unique for Disney.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Between the live and animated - animated version is leagues better

I still like the live action but mainly thanks to Will Smith

Also yes it's the best one and is easily rivaled by lion king (which was my first movie ever 😂)

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Hercules_New-to-Blu-Ray_1.jpg

Its Hercules, but I love Aladdin also.
Its the best Superman movie folks! And also a great Rocky movie.
The things is, most of the 90's era is fucking ace in some way or another.

Finally, an enlightened soul. It is too beautiful for words.

sb1l3jvc.jpg

sb24ej9n.jpeg

sb37jk5w.jpg

And it has Merryweather, the biggest badass to ever grace a Disney film.
Evind Earle's backgrounds in this movie are out of this fuycking world.
They even look more beautiful in modern resolutions.

Hard times for movies like this and El Dorado (best Dreamworks movie BTW) when they released, the audience was in the middle of viewing idiocy between 3d is god im not going to watch anymore 2d, now they are cult classics

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
oof can of worms

I think Beauty and the Beast, Lion King and Aladdin are all peak conventional animation Disney, I wouldn't really rank them

But the classic older films like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty are in some ways technically more impressive, particularly given technology (or lack thereof) at the time

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why didn't aladdin just give the lamp to jasmine at the end to get three more wishes? be a prince and set the genie free.

also, what did genie actually do when he made aladdin a prince? did he create an entire country? did jafar kill them all or just make aladdin's clothes disappear?

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That movie is kind of mediocre when you think about it. All the characters either suck or are annoying, the music isn't as good as The Lion King or Beauty & The Beast, and all the current(at the time) references really date it.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Robin Hood is pretty tough to beat!

Sidebar, had never heard the name Wolfgang Reitherman before.. and this dude basically directed all the classic Disney movies?! A shame he hasn't received the name legacy that he deserves.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
The catalog is so stacked it's impossible for me. Beauty and the Beast is the best of the renaissance films for me though. That soundtrack..

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Aladdin was my favorite of the classic 2D Disney animated films as a kid for sure. As an adult, I think I'd give the edge to Emperor's New Groove or Lilo & Stitch. New Groove is the one I've rewatched the most by far.

If we're including 3D Disney films, then Tangled is way, way up there, and if we're including Pixar films...where would I even begin? Probably Incredibles or Ratatouille.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
No but we are all in agreement that titling a thread "We're all in agreement that..." is horrible behavior.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Lilo and Stitch might well be the best of all time; even so, for the 90s lineup I would put Beauty and the Beast over Aladdin at this point.