• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CNN's reporting is awful in this case and very misleading.
What CNN is referring to when they say the company "denies" Trump trying to acquire them or their scientists is this official statement of the company:

"Wie das Unternehmen am Sonntagnachmittag mitteilte, strebe man keinen Exklusiv-Deal mit den USA oder einem einzelnen Land an. Spekulationen über Kaufangebote für das Unternehmen oder seine Entwicklungen wies Curevac zurück."
https://www.swr.de/swraktuell/baden...corona-impfstoff-von-tuebinger-firma-100.html

They say they "don't aspire an exclusive deal with the USA" at this point and they don't deny the report, they just "reject all speculation" about it.

Heads of the company and the German government in the meantime confirmed the story is true and they are in talks about it for some time already.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This only shows that the EU has to move closer together and start to act as a powerful bloc.

The times of transatlantic friendship are over and neither China or Russia can be trusted as well.

Yeah, pity we are forever going to be the lapdog for the US and more so after Brexit along with being too weak to stand up to China.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Is it wrong to think it would be funny if when a vaccine does become available, Trump convinces his base that his people are coming up with something better (and totally worth the significant markup!) and they all refuse to get the actual working vaccine and face the resulting consequences?

(Yes, I know it would be bad for those who legitimately can't vaccinate, as with currently existing vaccines such as those for measles and such, and I don't really hope something like this happens. Just an amusing thought about the idiocy he can cause.)

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's just bureacracy right now preventing help to Italy.

foreignpolicy.com

The EU Is Abandoning Italy in Its Hour of Need

In a shameful abdication of responsibility, fellow countries in the European Union have failed to give medical assistance and supplies to Italy during an outbreak.…
You do realize though that most likely all of those EU countries will need the supplies themselves?
I'm working in immunology research in Germany for a university, and even we are running out of face masks. Still we sent 1 million to italy

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Trump. Also fuck those "here's one article that suggest that maaaaaybe it was different than the way the german government, the health minister, the investors, the company itself and the media is reporting. Both sides!" - posts

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Fuck Trump. Also fuck those "here's one article that suggest that maaaaaybe it was different than the way the german government, the health minister, the investors, the company itself and the media is reporting. Both sides!" - posts

Richard Genell also claimed on Twitter that the Welt report was false.
The guy is known in german media for lying with a brazenness that's pretty unprecedented here.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
You do realize though that most likely all of those EU countries will need the supplies themselves?
I'm working in immunology research in Germany for a university, and even we are running out of face masks. Still we sent 1 million to italy
I work in a small cancer research lab in the U.S and we ran out of masks. If we ran out then everyone has to be running out.

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
They have dropped those restrictions to EU countries days ago and sent 1 million masks to italy
Vonderleyen and Breton have now tweeted about it.

Still not a good look for Germany (and France). Blocking exports and having the German police stop lorries that were already on their way to neighbouring countries. The 3M factory that produces those face masks is located in Germany, but serves the whole of Europe. This isn't a time for fuck-ups.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I love that the official US response was basically "we have not had talks with this company... But it's Trump so who knows?"