• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
I thought the machine we were raging against was the liberals.

Actually it was an actual machine.

aABAVoEn_700w_0.jpg

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the same people who were gonna throw down a grand a ticket to see them on tour. Which reminds me of the weirdness of Rage doing Ticketmaster arena tours....

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I love it when conservatives complain when celebrities and musicians make political statements, as they lick the little cheese doodle of the celebrity game show host they worship as president.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
RATM was the first band I discovered on my own. Evil Empire was the first album I got. Back then, I had no clue they were political. I even remember a couple of other kids asking me if I knew what it meant when I would sing, "rally round your family, pocket full of shells." Had no idea. I just loved the way the music sounded. Wasn't until I got a little older I realize they are a political band.

In short, I could understand if this guy was a child, but he isn't.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Happened to Gorillaz album Humanz, you know, the one that came after the album about climate change. People are fucking stupid

Oct 27, 2017
This is like listening to Led Zeppelin and not knowing they were into hobbits and elf erotica.

What a bunch of ignorant dinguses

Oct 25, 2017
De la Rocha expands further on the UK CD single release of "Bulls on Parade" explaining how America (the U.S.), is building a wall between itself and Mexico.

…the wall that Germany fell and the US Government was busy building another one between the border of the U.S. and Mexico. Since 1986, as a result of a lot of the hate talk and hysteria, that the Government of the United States has been speaking, 1,500 bodies have been found on the border; we wrote this song in response to it.

From wikipedia

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Conservatives don't like politics in their music?

Who buys all that Christian music then?

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
I love the fact that Morello is a harvard grad in political science, shuts all those critics up about celebs talking about politics.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies to all the white supremacists out there who were clearly shocked by such radical sudden viewpoints. Here, perhaps some more soothing RatM music is in order:

Obviously /s, I really just wanted to post the above <3

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I'd never seen this pic from the replies.
It's **chefkiss**

Oh this is fantastic. I mean it's not like RAtM is new or wasn't straight up about their stance. I don't understand where the confusion comes in. Did they just play the guitar hero song, jam out and not actually listen to the lyrics?

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Oh this is fantastic. I mean it's not like RAtM is new or wasn't straight up about their stance. I don't understand where the confusion comes in. Did they just play the guitar hero song, jam out and not actually listen to the lyrics?

Lol i mean the lyrics in Killing in the name of pretty much spells it out and my god how relevant those lyrics are to recent events.

"Those who died are justified, for wearing the badge, they're the chosen whites
You justify those that died by wearing the badge, they're the chosen whites "

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also becoming preoccupied with these idiots isn't good for the cause. if anything it leaves you open to trolls and false flags and diluting the message.

Oct 28, 2017
California
"Music is my sanctuary"

Ben Shapiro's "my place of comfort" quote bitching about politics in sports

Fuck cockhole conservatives crying about safe spaces

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't fucking believe how many people don't seem to actually process the lyrics of the music they listen to...

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It's amazing.

There are lyrics where they call police members of the KKK and these conservatives were cool with it until people demanded accountability of the police and then these people were hit by the double whammy that their personal politics are racist and one of the bands they loved growing up was leftist. Fucking love it.

It would be like me listening to Ted Nugent growing up and not realizing he was a POS and complaining about it.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
I love listening to my favourite apolitical band RAtM while playing my favourite apolitical video game Metal Gear Solid.

I doubt that they've ever listened to them, it's just a right wing talking point to try and "cancel" celebrities that talk up about injustices.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
The funny (?) thing is "the machine" to right-wingers is also the government, but the government as an obstacle to realizing their bigoted capitalist hellscape, not the actual machine designed to grind people to dust in the name of profit margins.

"Fuck you I won't do what you tell me" to your average slavering Conservative means "I WANT A HAIRCUT AND I WANT IT NOW".

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing.

There are lyrics where they call police members of the KKK and these conservatives were cool with it until people demanded accountability of the police and then these people were hit by the double whammy that their personal politics are racist and one of the bands they loved growing up was leftist. Fucking love it.

It would be like me listening to Ted Nugent growing up and not realizing he was a POS and complaining about it.

They listen to Wake Up and think it's about the Matrix :p

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Picking an ice cream machine is so comedically perfect, just a great tweet.

Also, these MAGA people are so fucking stupid.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
"Music is my sanctuary"

Ben Shapiro's "my place of comfort" quote bitching about politics in sports

Fuck cockhole conservatives crying about safe spaces

"Music is my sanctuary and the last thing I want to hear is political bs"

Dude listening to rock music, a genre that is fundamentally counter-cultural to the point where it was at one point thought to be converting people to Satanism.

Fucking batting 1000 there.

Deleted member 1432

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Proof that racists are total fucking idiots and don't listen to lyrics. There was a super conservative/racists radio presenter on our local classic rock station, who, I shit you not, loved Neil Young's Southern Man un-ironically. Did the thought ever came across this radio DJ's mind that the song is about the disgrace of what white southern slave owners did and how the plantation houses represents oppression of black slaves? Also, speaking of Neil Young, Trump tried to use Neil Young's song and Neil Young told him, "Your a disgrace to my country." So yeah, I really don't think conservatives listen to the lyrics and "just listen to the melody" or are big hypocrites. I don't get it...

Apologies to all the white supremacists out there who were clearly shocked by such radical sudden viewpoints. Here, perhaps some more soothing RatM music is in order:

Obviously /s, I really just wanted to post the above <3

Hahahahahaha! That's great! It's basically if you just "annoyed" about the machine instead of raging. RATM has been only playlist all week! Truly incredible band.

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
Proof that racists are total fucking idiots and don't listen to lyrics. There was a super conservative/racists radio presenter on our local classic rock station, who, I shit you not, loved Neil Young's Southern Man un-ironically. Did the thought ever came across this radio DJ's mind that the song is about the disgrace of what white southern slave owners did and how the plantation houses represents oppression of black slaves? Also, speaking of Neil Young, Trump tried to use Neil Young's song and Neil Young told him, "Your a disgrace to my country." So yeah, I really don't think conservatives listen to the lyrics and "just listen to the melody" or are big hypocrites. I don't get it...

Hahahahahaha! That's great! It's basically if you just "annoyed" about the machine instead of raging. RATM has been only playlist all week! Truly incredible band.

jesus. i read that rolling stone article above where trump is asked what his favorite neil young song is, and just like those dudes who tried to get him to tell them which bible verse was his favorite "oh, well, they're all my favorite. his old stuff is better though". jesus fuck. this cocksucker can't ever not lie. EVER.

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017