• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
I was talking to a friend of mine about Qanon and we got to talking about how the hell do they have such a fuckin' umbrella for every insane conspiracy in the world, but you have legit shady ass dudes like Epstein that they ignore that shit almost completely

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well how about you take a micrometer step back and look at the whole tweet in its proper context then. It doesn't just say 'be skeptic of the media', it says: 'Trust Q, don't trust the media.'

Q, obviously referring to the batshit crazy theory by the alt-right.

No need to be catty. I'm aware that in the full context that's a poor stance to take. Implicitly trusting either without question is dangerous.

Maybe you should look into what the tweet is about before you start claiming any of it is a "good thing".

I think the second sentence isolated not in the context of QAnon is a good thing.

Exactly. There's no reason to preface it any other way. He's literally saying don't trust the media in the context of this whole Q thing. He's not saying that in good faith. He's telling these people that abide by this shit that if you see something in the media you don't like. It isn't true.

He's not saying be skeptical or be critical.

I can see where you're coming from. Looking further into this QAnon thing it seems very like a very polarizing "us vs them" issue which unfortunately is all too common these days politically. I really wonder why I never heard much about it when it was going on.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the Haters

Q is legit....I believe him

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
No need to be catty. I'm aware that in the full context that's a poor stance to take. Implicitly trusting either without question is dangerous.

I think the second sentence isolated not in the context of QAnon is a good thing.

I can see where you're coming from. Looking further into this QAnon thing it seems very like a very polarizing "us vs them" issue which unfortunately is all too common these days politically. I really wonder why I never heard much about it when it was going on.

Umm it's much more than an "Us vs them" these people believe in batshit conspiracy theories. It's not even a political stance. They just believe in crazy shit.

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's kind of comforting knowing he's a billionaire and he spends his time on twitter and looking into stuff like this tbh

Deleted member 8777

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He was also repping pizzagate not too long ago. Something tells me he's a deeply unhappy and worthless individual who will say anything for attention.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
First I remember hearing about Qanon here on resetera was that dude that hijacked that armored truck and parked it on the dam and demanded "the real documents" from the government.
That it's come to this...lol. great awakening indeed.
it wasn't soros bucks it was notch notes lol

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
You couldn't explain what Qanon was, op? I don't think everyone knows.

I don't think fans of this movement even know what it means, just that really stupid people and disbelievers in reality get the luxury of calling attention to themselves for having not evolved the brain capacity of our totally enlightened society.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Umm it's much more than an "Us vs them" these people believe in batshit conspiracy theories. It's not even a political stance. They just believe in crazy shit.

From what I'm reading I'd argue that to those people it probably has become very much an "us vs them" issue that has become very political at this point.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Is Notch the guy Dave Chappelle was talking about when he told the story about a crazy hollywood party he went to?

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't been following any of this QAnon stuff; only briefly heard them mention it on LPOTL, so I can't comment on that.

I think having a healthy skepticism of the media - left or right - in general is a good thing so I don't see the problem with the second part of that tweet... as long as you don't go full crazy and land on "everything the media says is a lie".

The first part of his tweet indicates he doesn't have a healthy skepticism of the media, so what are you talking about?

"The Earth is flat. Politicians are lizard people. Don't trust the media."

Jadusable: You know, I think having a healthy skepticism of the media in general is a good thing.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
I know Notch had really fallen(Pizzagate, scientific racism, excuses for anti-semtic conspiracies) but he's really hit the bottom of the barrel.
MeinKraft indeed.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first part of his tweet indicates he doesn't have a healthy skepticism of the media, so what are you talking about?

"The Earth is flat. Politicians are lizard people. Don't trust the media."

Jadusable: You know, I think having a healthy skepticism of the media in general is a good thing.

Ok, I laughed

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I never understood making a shit ton of money and then putting a cross hair on yourself by spouting your shitty beliefs.

Cool dude. You're still alive; but you're a giant piece of shit.

I guess relevancy is one hell of a drug.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Epstein would implicate Trump.
Also Epstein likely preyed on young girls who were poor and or minorities.

Conspiracy theorist tend to go hand-in-hand with white folks who ignore any legit societal issues that don't effect them. Thus you won't see them talking about the Tuskegee Experiments or systematic racism in general only really out there stuff. Almost like they want to be victimized...

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
All that money, the freedom to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and he spends his time extremely online, self-radicalizing. I suppose that you need to be susceptible in the first place, but my god does the Internet echo chamber rot your brain.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
An assload of these far right clowns were 100% convinced that Obama would retain power and reject any incumbents.

Now they're saying he's planning a coup! Makes no sense!

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Is the next step becoming an incel?
Rich or not, Notch has been following in the footsteps of every other alt-right oriented loser for a long time, so this is unsurprising, He's been unable to find the place in society he feels entitled to just like the rest of them. He's an outcast, he's getting shunned by his billionaire peers while he's also unable to slip back into normal society. I wouldn't be surprised by him being an incel as well at this point.

I'm pretty sure he was already seen as an incel.

He's essentially an alt-right 4chan shitposter but with the benefits of having billions of dollars and the title "creator of one of the most significant video games ever made". He's been a laughing stock for some time but those benefits still give him a dangerously-large megaphone.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Put me in the category of people who thought this thread was saying that Notch was admitting to being the Q. Which...actually hardly surprised me.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought you said he was Qanon for a sec. This is standard Notch behaviour then.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Hey if I make myself really dumb and believe in conspiracy theories will that in turn make me a successful person and be rich too?
No, you've got the cause and effect backwards. Once you've put your all into a single brilliant creation that makes you filthy rich, all that's left over is a husk filled with crazy.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Is Notch the dumbest person in gaming? I mean, I'm sure we have dumber if we were to include everyone, but when comparing all the popular gaming personalities...is he the bottom of the barrel?

I can't think of anyone as openly racist, stupid, and narcissistic (he seems to suffer from the dunning-kruger effect).

Perhaps Daniel Vavra, but, even he isn't a known Qanon believer.

Last edited: