• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
3 days. That's gonna be a very long day.

But how were you feeling at this point before the election in 2016? I remember most people were just excited because the Cubs finally won the World Series. But yeah.. I definitely remember the feeling was "We're fucked no matter who wins" but one thing was clear... Trump had the momentum... not Hillary. Whereas this time it's clear that Biden is the favorite, not Trump.

I was feeling serene about the election. "What's the worst that could happen?" I thought. Oh, if only we know.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I was pretty sure Hilldawg had it in the bag.

And actually, I was interested in having a well qualified woman as president. I definitely didn't think were going to be fucked. I expected to have a competent leader.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't even paying attention at this point. After the grab'em by the pussy bit, I was sure Trump was toast.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Fairly certain Trump was going to win. I was still seeing a lot of anti Hilary rhetoric in real life and online. Especially with the fall out of the comey letter

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
'It's over.' That thought was only reinforced when I walked out of the voting office, my state already declared HC the winner of its electoral.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
As a foreigner, I wasn't paying attention. I went to bed expecting President Clinton.

This time around I'm staying up.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I was just waiting for it to be over so that I would never have to hear anything about Trump again.

Heh.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I felt Trump was going to win but people were telling me how wrong I was, showing me maps of how easy it would be for Hillary to win and citing the polls.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was very confused why people were so confident in a Hillary win when Trump was consistently defying expectations and shrugging off scandals every week.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I was starting to get spooked. If anyone asked me, I was certain Clinton would win, but all of the late night comedians and comedy news shows took a hard turn toward apocalyptic messaging about an imminent Trump win, which made me question if they knew something the news media wasn't seeing.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A well-qualified candidate vs. a con artist joke candidate. Easiest choice in American political history.

I thought Hillary's e-mails "scandal" and the Comey letter would be treated with the derision they deserved.

WHOOPS

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
If dems get Texas I feel good if not he will try to steal it. I think polling is better than before but midterms and president are different so I'm giving fuckface a few extra points beyond polling errors and not even thinking Biden will take Florida

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
I was very nervous. The polls where tightening and I thought Trump had the momentum with the Comey letter and her getting the Flu or whatever sickness she had that made her almost pass out and had to be carried back to the car.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think people would be dumb enough to elect a dumbass like trump. This time I have less faith in people, the only reason I think Biden has a chance is because of how badly he fucked the coronavirus response.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not american, so i got most of my american electoral news from the political geniuses at neogaf, so i thought trump had no chance. one common argument actually was that the electoral college makes it more difficult for republicans to win. completely absurd looking back on it.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I remember a lot of Hillary supporters still holding on and saying "You're all acting like this your first election" as the results rolled in looking worse and worse.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I'd step outside in horror, as I'd look around at all the Trump yard signs and see almost no Hillary signs. I tried to get a Hillary yard sign, and was told by the local campaign office that Hillary wasn't really sending them to the area, her campaign wasn't focused on yard signs and was instead spending money elsewhere.

My Grandmother was probably most upset about the yard sign thing.

I on the other hand had a daily mantra every time I stepped outside and saw the Trump yard signs "Don't be the Romney campaign, believe the polls. Yard signs don't matter" as I personally stopped paying close attention to my state polls by early mid October, and was only casually checking the national polls that still showed Hillary in the lead.

Now I'm hyper focused on paying attention to state polls, and outside I see lots of Trump yard signs but also see lots of Biden yard signs too. I feel totally different to how I felt in 2016.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I remember a lot of Hillary supporters still holding on and saying "You're all acting like this your first election" as the results rolled in looking worse and worse.

Lots of Hillary avatars spouting that crap disappeared over night and suddenly started to get replaced with Pelosi... who did the same.

I was still expecting Hillary to win, but was annoyed with the complacently and had that uneasiness forming. It always felt way too much like way too much of a courting rather than general excitement towards her.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Didn't really care for Hillary that much but at least I was pretty sure that my first presidential election would end in my person winning.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
As an outsider I honestly felt it was a coin flip. But everyone thought Hilary was a shoe in, apart from everyone on Twitter who were supporting Donald Trump.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
There's no way he could win.

I mean, it's mindblowing insanity that he got this far, and actually makes the prospect of him winning actually plausible, but.... come on. The presidency? Really?

Literally felt this way until late election night.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Nowhere near as anxious as I am this time. I thought Hillary would win easily

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Honestly, despite all the data, I feel like Trump is gonna win. And not even by a small margin.

That's what 2020's done to me. That's what years of Trump getting away with shit has done to me.

Zero hope.

Edit: I totally misread.

In 2016, I felt confident af.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Same here. I wasn't even paying that close of attention because Trump seemed like a joke candidate. We also just had the "grab em by the pussy" video. Turns out Americans really love rapists and really hate women.
I remember being in pure shock when white women actually was one of the higher voting bases for him, like it was insane, especially after that audio leak

Unrivaled

Banned
Oct 13, 2020
Everyone said Hillary would win in a landslide, at least the media. Now they are saying that again about Biden.

I don't trust polls until the votes are counted. I have a little more confidence you guys will get rid of Trump this time.

But I keep asking myself, is this really the best candidate to have running against him? Even my liberal friends in Canada think Trump will win because Biden does not really inspire people to vote like an Obama did. But hopefully people hate Trump enough for it to not matter.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When the Comey letter happened I went from feeling alright to feeling in mortal jeopardy. I gave up hopes of winning the House or Senate back and just hoping for a narrow win with the Presidency. That was a big step-down from the hopes I had after the Hollywood Access tape. It was a bad time with a bad candidate. It felt like trying to preserve the hope of a championship season with only your backup quarterback who isn't very good.