• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
People who go into a discussion about a thing just to let everyone know they dislike it (it's bad enough in real life, doubly so on forums).

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
People who take off their clothes and leave one arm or leg inside out or whatever then wash them so when you hang them up you have to pull the arm or leg out. No, the washing machine doesn't make them inside out, it's you.
This is my wife with every single article of clothing, every single time I wash them. The woman is pathological.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
When someone is visiting my neighbor and they park in front of my house instead of theirs.

OP
OP

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Calling customer service and having to maneuver your way through a machine that doesnt stop yapping. Worse when they auto hang up

Oct 28, 2017
When I go to dry my hands with a towel and it feels damp or wet. Makes me irrationally angry.
When my sister tightens the water tap too tight after using it. She's tiny and there's just no excuse for it. It doesn't need to be that tight.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Using "and I" when it isn't appropriate. "Give those apples to him and I."

I swear the bastards are getting more intelligent too. Used to be they'd sit on a wall in plain sight, and you could swat them easily. Nowadays they hide somewhere and laugh at your feeble attempts to find them.
I've found the best way to get them is to vacuum them up. I have a handheld Dyson, and the blade head attachment is perfect for flies.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We have new neighbours and there's a drive between our two houses that's plenty wide enough for two cars and loads of space between.

That is, if your neighbours can actually park for shit. Seriously, I don't know how they have a licence.

Oct 27, 2020
People who drop their litter on the street. Why can't they just hold onto it until they get to a bin?

I've even seen people who just throw it on the ground when they're right next to a bin. Why?

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I use the standard Mail application on OS X on my MacBook and I can be sitting in front of that stupid computer for five hours straight and not a single email will come in, but as soon as I get up to do something else it's a stream of DING DING DING DING in quick succession as a flurry of emails come in. Drives me nuts, I swear the computer is messing with me.

Ranvier

Oct 27, 2017
Scrolling Era on mobile and accidentally hitting quote with my fat fingers so then when I reply to someone in a thread I have to delete like 30 quotes.

Deleted member 83122

Banned
Oct 15, 2020
Earlier I had someone honk at me the split second the light turned green
That's terrible because now you know they are behind you, if it's a one-lane road you know they are revved up and ready to not only jeopardize their own life but the lives of those other drivers just to get ahead by one vehicle by passing, and if it's two or more lanes you probably are gonna get the finger on the pass. Don't drive angry.

My take on the OP: Men that take a wiz with the seat down. Like is this a challenge, you want to see if you can laserbeam it into the bowl, or do you think it's MORE hygienic because YOU didn't have to touch the edge of the seat to lift it? Savages, I swear.

Edit: nando, this thread is amazing, great idea! I feel 99% of these in my soul.

Deleted member 83122

Banned
Oct 15, 2020
Doing dishes and having that one or two drops of water fall right on the top of your foot. Like, of all the places for water to drop, it's right on my foot? It's the wooooorst.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
when passing vehicles honk at me or some asshole peeks out their vehicle's window to shout at me while I'm waiting for the bus.

Thankfully I haven't experienced that since the quarantine.

Barberetti

Oct 27, 2017
UK
People who race to overtake me just before a 4 lane road turns back to 2, then slow down to a slower speed than the speed I was going when they overtook me. FUCK OFF!

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Fruit flies. I've cleaned everything and put everything away how are you all still here!
I call them "maniac flies" because it makes no sense how or why they get in. Or even what they want. They just do. Once I moved in to my current place, first thing I did was make sure all my windows and doors were properly insulated as to not allow those fuckers in.

It went well... For awhile. Then ONE got in as I opened my front door one day. Fucker must've laid eggs because then, a few days later, his fucking family moved in with my ass.

I set all kinds of traps -- sticky, vinegar, sweet -- and they ignore them all. BUT đź‘ŹAS đź‘ŹSOON đź‘ŹAS đź‘ŹI đź‘ŹTRY đź‘ŹTO đź‘ŹEAT. You best believe they are all up in your mouth , talkin bout some "yo! lemme get a bite, fam!"

They will land on your food no lie! But only when you are eating it!

I've been very careful not to let anymore in since and it is getting colder out so not too many bugs to deal with. :')

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Long winded customer service people who speak slowly and use long sentences to give you instructions. This usually happens when all you have to do is complete a really simple process like entering your info on a website.

It's like, I needed to know what to do, not how to do it. I can anticipate exactly what you're going to say based on your first three words, but now I've gotta listen to you meander through your 30-word sentence just to be polite.

I take pains not to sound impatient with people who are helping me as part of their job, but inside my head, I'm losing it. When it comes to mundane tasks, I think fast and try to be as efficient as possible. It can be so painful to deal with people who are stuck in a lower gear.

I just want to get past the dull stuff quickly and move on with my day!

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Pople who say "nice to meet you" as a greeting. How will they know it's nice meeting someone thwy don't even know?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The tire pressure monitor on my Honda. OK, OK, a few tires are precisely 2 ps low. Why do you have to keep alerting me and not auto locking the doors?

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
When you're crossing the street in an intersection, the pedestrian cross symbol flashes up, and cars will whip around the right turn before you have a chance to cross.

They know they shouldn't do it, they give you a wave of the hand and do it anyway. It's infuriating

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
People who say shit like "I seen him do that!" My best friend's girlfriend says it CONSTANTLY and it drives me up the wall

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
people who say bias when they mean to say biased.
Yeah it gets me when people regularly use malapropisms like:

addicting vs addictive
exasperate vs exacerbate
well spoken vs well said/stated
disingenuine vs disingenuous

Sorry to be a dickhead but these people sound dumb. It's best to stick with words you know.