• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
U got it.

giphy.gif

well god damn. It's more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Trump's the type of guy to get this and be asymptomatic and be a super spreader

Or even just an eternal source of infection

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
Apple and Google should automatically start gathering anonymous location tracing of every phone currently in the area of the convention center, and continue for the next couple weeks, adding in other phones that come into proximity with rally phones, so that it can later be compared to positive test results.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Aside from the fundamental stupidity of holding the rally, I don't see anything wrong with how this was handled. Staffers were tested, and those who tested positive, along with those they were in contact with, were quarantined and will not be at the event. That sounds fine to me. But again, that's only after acknowledging the idiocy of having a rally in the first place.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Even though they say the temperature checks will be done, are you really telling me they're gonna tell someone who camped out for a week that they can't come in? I feel like they're just going to let everyone in even if they're warmer than average (it's like 85 out in Tulsa atm). I wouldn't put that past this administration at all. If they're not even requiring the masks what's the point?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There'a research out there that suggests a large % of people infected never even get a fever so temp checks are going to help at all.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Even though they say the temperature checks will be done, are you really telling me they're gonna tell someone who camped out for a week that they can't come in? I feel like they're just going to let everyone in even if they're warmer than average (it's like 85 out in Tulsa atm). I wouldn't put that past this administration at all. If they're not even requiring the masks what's the point?

Wasn't there just a study that estimated a good 60% of people under the age of 60 never get a fever from covid?

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there just a study that estimated a good 60% of people under the age of 60 never get a fever from covid?
I'd believe it. I mean a big percentage are straight up asymptomatic so idk what good a temperature check does except catch people are were already having symptoms and should have known to stay him anyways (and as a result already knowingly spread it to everyone in line for hours considering how long it'll take to actually get into the arena).

So people camp out for two days in close proximity, pack in and only at the gate are they gonna screen for COVID after they've already basically spread it to everyone in line? The plan makes literally no sense but I guess there's no plan that would when your entire event is a sham that shouldn't be happening in the first place..

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Dumbest part of all of this is if anyone in the Trump campaign had a brain, they'd be selling MAGA masks for 50 dollars a pop at these conventions.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I mean

it sucks that a lot of rightwingers are gonna die for their ignorance - because I value human life

but

I can't honestly say I feel bad for them

or will miss their racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, classist, arrogant, willfuly ignorant influence on the world

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Dumbest part of all of this is if anyone in the Trump campaign had a brain, they'd be selling MAGA masks for 50 dollars a pop at these conventions.
This is what my mom is saying, but I'm fairly certain these masks already exist. The point is the base has been stirred into believing the very concept of wearing a mask at all is political acknowledgment to the reality that the GOP gaslights them about. Aside from the few odd people you see who resemble humans with brains, the majority of the base literally can't wear a mask.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
trump is also a huge germaphobe who is scared shitless by the virus. so he's probably been miserable. all this is pure toxic masculine posturing

www.vanityfair.com

“He’s Definitely Melting Down Over This”: Trump, Germaphobe in Chief, Struggles to Control the Covid-19 Story

Publicly, he sees it as yet another (“Fake News”) media war; privately, he worries about virus-carrying journalists on Air Force One. But cancel his rallies? “I’m not going to do it,” he says.

www.cnn.com

Led by notorious germaphobe, West Wing braces for coronavirus

It's a refrain President Donald Trump repeats whenever he encounters a cough, a sneeze or a sniffle.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd believe it. I mean a big percentage are straight up asymptomatic so idk what good a temperature check does except catch people are were already having symptoms and should have known to stay him anyways (and as a result already knowingly spread it to everyone in line for hours considering how long it'll take to actually get into the arena).

So people camp out for two days in close proximity, pack in and only at the gate are they gonna screen for COVID after they've already basically spread it to everyone in line? The plan makes literally no sense but I guess there's no plan that would when your entire event is a sham that shouldn't be happening in the first place..

I had the statistic totally backwards, which I was afraid of as soon as I clicked post, but I couldn't find the stat. But, now I did, from the CDC a couple of days ago.

70% noted fever, cough, or shortness of breath; 36% reported muscle aches, and 34% reported headache. Overall, 31,191 (8%) persons reported loss of smell or taste. Among patients aged ≥80 years, 60% reported fever, cough, or shortness of breath. No other symptoms were reported by >10% of persons in this age group.

So, if I am reading that right 70% overall reported a fever, but it dropped to 60% if they only looked at people below 80? Even sticking with the 70%, that still leaves a lot of people out there who never reported having a fever. Not that temperature checks shouldn't be done, but it shows it is potentially dangerous to rely on them being the be all end all when it comes to catching this.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
"As previously announced, all rally attendees are given temperature checks before going through security, at which point they are given wristbands, facemasks and hand sanitizer," Murtaugh added.

Please, everyone knows that they throw that

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
If Trump dies from the coronavirus, does that mean he'll die thinking China killed him?

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
I mean

it sucks that a lot of rightwingers are gonna die for their ignorance - because I value human life

but

I can't honestly say I feel bad for them

or will miss their racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, classist, arrogant, willfuly ignorant influence on the world

An outbreak among them won't remain limited to them.