• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
This is the kind of game I would dream about as a kid/teen. Big fan of Oldboy, The Raid, and Bruce Lee films so this is right up my alley (or hallway), can't wait to play it on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
This looks really cool, definitely keeping this on my radar. When I saw the hallway in the trailer I was hoping it would be exactly the type of game that it is.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
as soon as i saw the combat i was like "this is 100 percent the absolver team"

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I need to know how it plays but God damn it looks exciting

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, that scene of one person going through a hallway and destroying a group of thugs is both in Oldboy, The Raid, and hell, you could even argue Daredevil. So one could argue that scene could have been inspired from a lot of places.
And in a ton of the 80s/90s martial arts movies they're likely using as reference. Long Arm of the Law 3 has a great one

Oct 29, 2017
It looks great, superb animation combined with destructible enviroments, count me in.

Only downside is that the sounds effects for the punches and kicks seem kinda weak. Needs quite a bit more of 'oomph' for my taste.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Wishlisting everywhere and following their twitter acc, this is day 1 right there

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
Instant buy. So excited for this. Couldn't get into absolver but the combat looks great.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This looks sick! It's like an evolution of the beat em up genre and you can see the similarities to Absolver all over this.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This game looks really cool, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it! Really dig the art style, and as a sucker for martial arts films and games, I'm keeping an eye on this one for sure!

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool. Did Absolver's battle system actually pan out? It had a decent amount of hype among gaming enthusiasts, and then I got the feeling it under-delivered?

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
As a Brazilian, I will never get over this game's title.

Sifu colloquially means "you got fucked" in Brazilian Portuguese

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Looks cool. Did Absolver's battle system actually pan out? It had a decent amount of hype among gaming enthusiasts, and then I got the feeling it under-delivered?
I was initially hyped, but tbh, the combat system in Absolver was so terribly slow and boring...most fights felt like a huge cheesefest...

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I would have loved some character customization, but I understand why having a protag with this narrative is the best choice. I'm in day one.

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, the Absolver team made this? It looked great but that has me even more excited knowing the combat will definitely be well done.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Very promising. I find absolver very interesting. I don't like it that much, but I feel like I could talk about it for hours. This game looks like they learned a lot from absolver. Like a whole lot of everything.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The animations look both impressive and completely off at the same time. Strange.

It is like it looks good, but something about when it actually impacts looks weightless.

On another note: We need more martial arts games!