• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Not really for Sony, they can sell anything to their comunity.
Except Gravity Rush.

giphy.gif

Jan 20, 2019

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What has the first complain about Gravity Rush? No marketing!

That is the reason, if the invest enough on the marketing they can sell the game.

EDIT: Days Gone is a perfect example of that.
Days Gone sold / is selling great because it's a great game :)
Just imagine a f2p The Last of Us game with Factions, PvE, PvPvE and Battle Royale
tenor.gif
Zero chance in hell that it will be a F2P game imo. But let's see ;)

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Sons of Anarchy X Zombies had some pretty obvious mass appeal to anyone who doesn't eat/sleep/breathe ResetEra.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soo is Gravity Rush, but obvious is Sony choise to market the games that they think will sell the most.

And it seems to me that marketing a mp game from Naughty Dog will sell milions of copies.
Even with Days Gone's marketing budget Gravity Rush would still bomb in the west. You can't "sell everything to this community". It is what it is.
Sons of Anarchy X Zombies had some pretty obvious mass appeal to anyone who doesn't eat/sleep/breathe ResetEra.
Well said.

Jan 20, 2019

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True, we will never get one for Bloodborne :(
Pretty sure we will get another Sony AAA IP from From Software. And Bloodborne 2 just makes too much sense.
As much as I love the characters, I think it's also a sign of the times that games like that don't really do well on PlayStation anymore. I'm curious, did Ratcher & Clank sell well on PS4?
Yes.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True, we will never get one for Bloodborne :(
If a Bloodborne sequel ever happens, I think it might be the first time I'd actually cry over a video game announcement lmao. It's my favorite game of all time, platinumed it twice, and I'd even buy a remaster of it. If Sony doesn't give us a sequel then they must really not like money, because that's a huge guaranteed system seller right there.

I believe It was their best selling game, until Spider-Man.

Pretty sure we will get another Sony AAA IP from From Software. And Bloodborne 2 just makes too much sense.

Yes.
Good to know.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If a Bloodborne sequel ever happens, I think it might be the first time I'd actually cry over a video game announcement lmao. It's my favorite game of all time, platinumed it twice, and I'd even buy a remaster of it. If Sony doesn't give us a sequel then they must really not like money, because that's a huge guaranteed system seller right there.

Good to know.
That's why Sony hinted at a new Ratchet & Clank game after the Insomniac acquisition announcement. Pretty sure we will get a Ratchet & Clank game at/around the PS5 launch.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
ND's approach actually makes me excited in both SP and MP even more. I didn't touch MP in TLOU (shame, I know) so an ambitious SP with a fully realised MP some time after seems like the best of both worlds.

MisterP𝕏L

Jul 10, 2019
Different situation imo.
Detroit was a full exclusive, that Sony decided to port later on on PC. They still own the IP/publishing rights.

Death stranding is certainly a 12 month exclusive, thats why no "Only on Playstation" logo on the box .
Death Stranding is a Sony Interactive Entertainment license and so belongs to them, if it comes out on PC, the same as Detroit, that will have been their decision.

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017
So far Sony is working on three MP projects that we know of

Predator, Guerilla Games MP and now a seperate MP game by ND.

Not bad not bad.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if I had to guess what the new team in San Diego is doing, I'd guess it has something to do with this MP experience alongside Naughty Dog

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I know Sony says that they don't force developers to do sequels or certain games, but I've always wondered. Is it just that insomniac really likes Ratchet and Clank, or is it just the most successful Sony platformer, that we have gotten so many titles in the franchise? Just wondering why Jak is essentially forgotten in comparison.

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017
I know Sony says that they don't force developers to do sequels or certain games, but I've always wondered. Is it just that insomniac really likes Ratchet and Clank, or is it just the most successful Sony platformer, that we have gotten so many titles in the franchise? Just wondering why Jak is essentially forgotten in comparison.

After U2, ND split into two teams. Uncharted 3 team and Jak & Daxter team helmed by Neil & Bruce. It didn't come together for some reason so they went with Neil's crazy zombie game instead,

Status
Not open for further replies.