• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TLOU premise is "awful and done a million times" but ND managed to nail it with good storytelling and character despite being your usual zombie/virus apocalypse.

ValuableImpressiveHypsilophodon-size_restricted.gif

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
New rumor going around on twitter right now:

- The Last of Us 2 release date is May 22. 2020
- New Naughty Dog project for the PS5 has the codename "Stray's Cross"
- Will be an Action-Adventure game in First-Person, with steampunk elements
- Will have two protagonists, a former female scientist, (talented scholar, fascinated by space-time science, she discovers confidential documents that will lead her to discover a hidden truth much bigger than she could imagine), and a wanted criminal man (a former construction worker unjustly arrested for protecting a wanted friend during a shooting against the police)
- The plot is about a secret conflict that lasted entire ages, and how this will lead to the inevitable ruin of human society.
And the story begins with the casual meeting of the two protagonists, in completely different circumstances, who will soon find themselves having to work together to get what they are looking for.

Thought I post it here before anyone "makes a thread".
Games in First-Person mode =
mll41jbj.jpg

Will it be AAA?

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
TLOU premise is "awful and done a million times" but ND managed to nail it with good storytelling and character despite being your usual zombie/virus apocalypse and survivors fighting against humans and infected.
The problem is, that I feel like I have seen dozens of romantic Thrillers starring Julia Roberts / Jodie Foster / Sandra Bullock and Mel Gibson / Keanu Reeves / Robert Redford as Scientist/reporter + good-hearted criminal revealing some kind of conspiracy in the 90s together with my parents. I don't need that again.
Can't remember a movie about a postapocalyptic world where some dude adopts a girl.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Do you really want to go the FPS route when your animation credentials are best in the biz?

Can't see it happening to be honest. Naughty Dog take such pride in that sort of thing that I'm sure they always want the player to see the main character when playing. And yeah, I'm sure that rumour dump is hogwash anyway.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Naughty Dog, but I'd absolutely welcome them tackling a new type of game like this. Did we have this much backlash against the idea of GG making a third person action-adventure game?

Also, I'd absolutely believe that TLOU Part II planned for Feb but will ultimately hit in May. Sony will give them all the time they want.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
My vote goes to a fighting game. It's a genre they've barely touched internally, relying on the work put by partners as Capcom or ArcSys, but of an enormous potential if done well. They have the studios, and they have the IPs. Put both together, this time with some money behind, and it'll be a magnet for any PlayStation fan.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I might be weird, but i would be interested in ND making a more artistic game than realistic again, maybe a fantasy game. Maybe they will need something more lighthearted after TLOU2 too.

msia2k75

Nov 1, 2017

- Will have two protagonists, a former female scientist, (talented scholar, fascinated by space-time science, she discovers confidential documents that will lead her to discover a hidden truth much bigger than she could imagine), and a wanted criminal man (a former construction worker unjustly arrested for protecting a wanted friend during a shooting against the police)
- The plot is about a secret conflict that lasted entire ages, and how this will lead to the inevitable ruin of human society.
And the story begins with the casual meeting of the two protagonists, in completely different circumstances, who will soon find themselves having to work together to get what they are looking for.

mll41jbj.jpg

Unfortunately, if true, it will be a pass for me...

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

mll41jbj.jpg

I don't like first person games, but at least the rumor say "action adventure" and not "shooter"

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'd be surprised if any such game exists right now. Everyone worked on Uncharted 4 when it was in development, and i'd imagine the same is true for Part II.
Actually Nolan North did leaked that ND was working on TLoU Part 2 even before UC4 was out.

I assume artist have moved on and some concept art has been made for the next project at least

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Actually Nolan North did leaked that ND was working on TLoU Part 2 even before UC4 was out.

I assume artist have moved on and some concept art has been made for the next project at least

Yeah, but its development stopped after they had to shift over to Uncharted 4. When you look at their high ranking staff across each game, I don't really see anyone that's not in the mix there like you would've had with Neil and Bruce during U4's initial development. You have Kurt Margenau for example, he was the co-director of TLL, but he moved over to co-directing PII with Anthony Newman.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah hope that rumor is false (either that May release or next game FPS)
FPS even if they are narrative, I find them boring and not interesting

That's cool if they want to take risks and try a new genre but I would be disappointed

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Finally got Driveclub (via PSN) and played it yesterday.

Enjoyed it!

Also what amazed me is the fact that it has Munnar which is a area that is literally next to my hometown in India!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018

mll41jbj.jpg
I know some people don't like FPS games but if this takes Naughty Dog out of their comfort zone I'm all for it.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I would be very happy to see Naughty Dog working on an FPS game. They have already proven themselves in the TPS genre, would like to see something different again.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
ND going FPS would be such a waste .
When it comes to animation the always push things forward and fps hides a lot of that when comes to your character .
If anything they could make the game both 3rd and 1st and give people the option.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
ND going FPS would be such a waste .
When it comes to animation the always push things forward and fps hides a lot of that when comes to your character .
If anything they could make the game both 3rd and 1st and give people the option.
1st person view allow you to feel more immersed in the world, and while you can't see your character, other character can look much more detailed. There are video of uncharted 4 cutscene in 1st person view and it look really good imo

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

Very curious to see what kind of deal this is, and what happened to this game in the last year or so

Status
Not open for further replies.