• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Bleeding edge leaked as well, and if you believe Benji this isn't the last of the leaks.
He just says there's a few things that haven't leaked yet, not that there are more to come. Though like I said, if someone was willing to leak an actual trailer, chances are they will leak the whole conference

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
He just says there's a few things that haven't leaked yet, not that there are more to come. Though like I said, if someone was willing to leak an actual trailer, chances are they will leak the whole conference
And another one
The entire Xbox Conference is probably going to leak

And another is out there. I wont link it or retweet it
Honestly the whole Xbox Conference is gonna be out there by Sunday

I expect other leaks shortly from what I've heard
3 different tweets.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I didn't seen that or anything on Era/Twitter so assumed the leaks had abated for now

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Too many multiplatform games, gross.

That's why I want a Sony press conference, they talk about exclusives a lot.
Well, they are all timed exclusive like Detroit and Death Stranding but still.

Hopefully Nintendo will save the day.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Too many multiplatform games, gross.

That's why I want a Sony press conference, they talk about exclusives a lot.
Well, they are all timed exclusive like Detroit and Death Stranding but still.

Hopefully Nintendo will save the day.

tenor1.gif

You're funny :)

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Well that From game wasn't an exclusive in the end.

NNK was a big surprise, made E3 for me.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Platform Warring
Lmfao we're getting a GRRM From game before a Bloodborne 2

Suck it Sony ponies

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there is a BB2 in the works then there's no reason to release it on PS4 either way, Sony would save it for PS5.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We've seen Platinum do extensive collaborations with Nintendo, and even tried a go with Microsoft. Would you consider Sony as a partner as well?

Inaba:
"Oh, we really want to. You guys should go tell the folks at Sony so collaborate with us."

You heard them, Sony…

lol

Imagine PG collaborating with Sony and getting a big budget and the freedom to make what they want...

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like Platinum nearly as much as a lot of folks do but I'd be down for a collaboration if only to make this thread more bearable.

Oct 25, 2017
It was rumored to be an Xbox exclusive?

Everything unannounced game shown by Microsoft is rumored to be an Xbox exclusive until it isn't.

I don't like Platinum nearly as much as a lot of folks do but I'd be down for a collaboration if only to make this thread more bearable.

It's strange how Platinum seems to work with all these major publishers, but never Sony. Makes me wonder if there is some animosity. Or maybe Sony just isn't interested in the type of games they make?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's strange how Platinum seems to work with all these major publishers, but never Sony. Makes me wonder if there is some animosity. Or maybe Sony just isn't interested in the type of games they make?

PG have some dedicated fans but their games aren't exactly big sellers, generally speaking.

W101 bombed and I don't remember Bayo2 setting the charts on fire.

Yoko Taro apparently saved their asses with Nier 2, to the point where Kamiya publicly thanked him.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
PG have some dedicated fans but their games aren't exactly big sellers, generally speaking.

Yoko Taro apparently saved their asses with Nier 2, to the point where Kamiya publicly thanked him.

That just shows that all they need is the right collaboration. Their collaborations with Konami for Rising and Square for Automata were both big successes. Given the type of hype that Sony's games general now, there's no reason to think that Sony couldn't also create a success story with them.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018

This is correct. Nier Automata with SE and YT did them real well. Pretty sure it's their highest selling game, right? It's over 4 million now

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
That just shows that all they need is the right collaboration. Their collaborations with Konami for Rising and Square for Automata were both big successes. Given the type of hype that Sony's games general now, there's no reason to think that Sony couldn't also create a success story with them.

Imagine Ghost of Tsushima offshoot with some Platinum sword action thrown in

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Unfortunately the problems are mostly with their original IPs.

But for sure, if Sony could find a perfect fit for them like they did with Spider-Man and Insomniac then PG could really leave a mark. They are more than capable.

You mean mashing square button and occasionally press triangle?
I like platinum games, they have fantastic animation, but gameplay is alright.

Platinum combat is what you would call a slay, yet basick.

Simply false.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
You mean mashing square button and occasionally press triangle?
I like platinum games, they have fantastic animation, but gameplay is alright.

Platinum combat is what you would call a slay, yet basick.

I mean, I liked a nice simple combo game to get through a story. 50 different types of combos aren't really need for me. Just give me some cool stuff to do.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately I do have a lot of respect for Platinum despite not being a fan. They specialize in a severely underserved genre and a pairing with Sony would make a lot of people happy.

Vanquish though is straight fire. I can't remember who first tossed out the idea but I'm dreaming that Housemarque's AAA game is something similar.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
This has already been a crazy ass E3 and it hasn't even started yet lol....

Still think Sony has SOMETHING up their sleeve for this weekend/E3...would love to see them drop another Wired piece on Monday with more snippets of PS5 info and a possible date for the full reveal event. It'd be awesome...

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately the problems are mostly with their original IPs.

But for sure, if Sony could find a perfect fit for them like they did with Spider-Man and Insomniac then PG could really leave a mark. They are more than capable.

In some sense I think the key to Platinum's success is dialing back how over-the-top and cheesy their games can be. As strange as that may sound. I think when it gets as crazy as Bayonetta, that there's a limit to its appeal. In a sense hte same is true for something like DMC, as it's so over-the-top that it just becomes unappealing to some people. Taro dialed that back with Automata. It certainly still has it's crazy moments, but it's also a rather serious game in the way that something like Bayonetta isn't. I saw a bunch of Youtuber's playing through that who aren't even going to think of touching Bayonetta 3. So I think it's about finding a balance between what they excel at (action gameplay) and what they tend to struggle at (tone and story).

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In some sense I think the key to Platinum's success is dialing back how over-the-top and cheesy their games can be. As strange as that may sound. I think when it gets as crazy as Bayonetta, that there's a limit to its appeal. In a sense hte same is true for something like DMC, as it's so over-the-top that it just becomes unappealing to some people. Taro dialed that back with Automata. It certainly still has it's crazy moments, but it's also a rather serious game in the way that something like Bayonetta isn't. I saw a bunch of Youtuber's playing through that who aren't even going to think of touching Bayonetta 3. So I think it's about finding a balance between what they excel at (action gameplay) and what they tend to struggle at (tone and story).

Nier 2 is different in that it's very much a Taro game through and through (with the one time that he got a decent budget to work with).

From the world to the story/characters and music, those are the main reasons why the game was and still is so popular.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game was successful without PG. And Square Enix might be thinking so too if the rumor about Taro's next game not being a collaboration with PG is true.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Nier 2 is different in that it's very much a Taro game through and through (with the one time that he got a decent budget to work with).

From the world to the story/characters and music, those are the main reasons why the game was and still is so popular.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game was successful without PG. And Square Enix might be thinking so too if the rumor about Taro's next game not being a collaboration with PG is true.

From what we know of Automata, they specifically sought out Platinum for the game so that they could take care of the gameplay side of things. Taro's games have always had interesting stories and characters, but the gameplay has failed them. Platinum were the key to solving that problem. And Square already has another Platinum collaboration in the oven (Babylon's Fall), so it's hard to see the not being happy with Platinum's contribution to the project if they're willing to fund a completely new IP from them.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what we know of Automata, they specifically sought out Platinum for the game so that they could take care of the gameplay side of things. Taro's games have always had interesting stories and characters, but the gameplay has failed them. Platinum were the key to solving that problem. And Square already has another Platinum collaboration in the oven (Babylon's Fall), so it's hard to see the not being happy with Platinum's contribution to the project if they're willing to fund a completely new IP from them.

Didn't say that they were unhappy with them but iirc the rumor says that Taro is getting his own division instead of working with PG.

I'd of course be ecstatic if it was PG again but currently signs are pointing in the opposite direction, which if true means that for whatever reason SE didn't see Taro and PG as a match made in heaven.

Whatever the case, we know that PG is working on at least one super ambitious project. According to Inaba it will be something very innovative and never seen before, turning the action genre on its head.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Exited to see new Tales game & it's new battle system.

Unfortunately, it reminds me how much I yearn for new first-party JRPGs with that kind of long years tradition (improved graphics in sequels, better soundtrack, refined battle system/story/charactets/etc)...

*SIGH*

All we got was unlocalized mobile games.

SIEJA sucks ass. /: (

Status
Not open for further replies.