• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all surprised as her accusations were so outlandish that they cannot be considered anything else but libel.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
They were so desperate to make a case they only cared about having as many questionable elements as possible just so they had a large volume of "evidence" rather than actually look into them and see if they were credible. There were things they kept repeating weeks after they had been utterly disproven but it didn't matter as their play was overwhelming people with amounts of examples rather than anything specific. Now they have to deal with the consequences of spreading so much shit far and wide.

Last edited:

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Guiliani was making the same baseless claims yet again before Trump spoke at the rally outside the Capitol. Shouldn't his ass get sued too?

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
The Trump lawyers alleging vague fraud in filings but offering no actual evidence (because that would be lying to the court) was clearly going to result in something like this.

At least now they'll have their day in court to show said (nonexistent) evidence.

There's also no doubt that this crusade harmed Dominion's reputation and will hurt the bottom line, so it will be hard to argue that they aren't entitled to damages.

May 31, 2018
Well didn't Murdoch tell the anchors at Fox to stop saying false thing about Dominion because of this exact reason? Because he knew they were lies. I guess Powell drank the koolaid for too long.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Well didn't Murdoch tell the anchors at Fox to stop saying false thing about Dominion because of this exact reason? Because he knew they were lies. I guess Powell drank the koolaid for too long.

I think Fox, OAN and Newsmax all started distancing themselves from this mess at the same point, when Domionion lawyered up.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Reminder that this is the same lady that went to bat for Enron and Flynn, she's always been utter fucking garbage.

Also why isn't she banned from Twitter yet?

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
What's staggering to think about are the implications of the libel and slander.

They didn't just accuse Dominion of incompetence or dereliction of their duties, they flat-out treat them as co-conspirators in a non-existent widespread attempt to rig the election.

In that now infamous phone call, Trump says something to the effect that Dominion is corrupt as hell.

Here's hoping they win and bleed these shits dry.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
I have little doubt Dominion is going to go to the mat for this. She threatened the health and existence of their company. They need to absolutely destroy her and let the world know that they destroyed her and she was full of shit. I don't see how they'd accept a settlement and an NDA in which both sides say nothing more.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
giphy.gif

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't settle out of court please don't settle out of court please don't settle out of court

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
I think Fox, OAN and Newsmax all started distancing themselves from this mess at the same point, when Domionion lawyered up.

They did. No idea if they have liaised with Sydney Powell and she is just too far gone to recant the baseless lies, or they want to make an example of her.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trump reiterated that shit while he was inciting his mob the other day, they're gonna fuck him next.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So this is how to defeat the Kraken, you sue it into oblivion. Bet sailors would have loved to have that info hundreds of years ago.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Trump surely will argue that since he was acting in his official capacity as President when making false claims, he can't be held personally financially liable or some shit.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly wasn't paying much attention to the sewage leaking from congressional GOP's mouths, but were any of them on this train too? Be a real shame if Cruz or Hawley got caught up in this after being so indignant over being called liars.

Lamiafusion

Nov 24, 2017
I actually think the billion makes sense considering the amount of government contracts it could cost them and also hahahahahahahaa

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Pretty sure this is a pretty provable case right? I mean, their business was literally ruined by her ilk.

Was it actually ruined? I didn't keep up with this but I assume that their clients didn't buy into those bogus claims. With that said, the $1 billion certainly won't stand (even for punitive damages).

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was it actually ruined? I didn't keep up with this but I assume that their clients didn't buy into those bogus claims. With that said, the $1 billion certainly won't stand.
Who's gonna hire Dominion and deal with Republican nutjobs going apeshit on them in the future? At the moment they just have contracts they previously signed to work with. Will they get new contracts with that stink on them? Probably not from Republican controlled states.

Dominion probably even has emails and audio to back up the lost business and why claim at this point.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Imagine your company spends so much time and effort establishing themselves as a provider of voting machines for US elections. That even includes maintaining a (at times maybe too) close relationship with the majority party of a state. Then all that work and money is obliterated because one politician loses and has a stupid meltdown and gets their crazy lawyers to literally make up shit about you.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I have little doubt Dominion is going to go to the mat for this. She threatened the health and existence of their company. They need to absolutely destroy her and let the world know that they destroyed her and she was full of shit. I don't see how they'd accept a settlement and an NDA in which both sides say nothing more.
Yep this. She left them no choice, actually.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Expecting Trump and Giuliani to get sued for similar amounts the moment Trump is out of office.

Never thought I'd root for a voting machine company, but I guess they're not Diebold

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully she is fucked for life after this. And I don't get why she is the only one. They should sue other members of the administration too. Would love it if Hawley and Ted Cruz got fucked too.