• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
In 2018 we had this

naughty-dog-new-game-1.jpg

Not sure if it's true

What would the length of his hair matter if they do mocap? Or is it a model ad?

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Good, story driven game in a similar fashion as Mass Effect or Dead Space universes would be amazing, Horror could be better suited , but i can see them going the more the 'funny' nathan Drake style too in a science fiction game (a bit like Han Solo is fun an not serious in SW)

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Naughty Dog on PS5! I expect Factions first on PS4/PS5.

I hope it's a new IP though.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Please be a sci-fi game. I also wonder if this was partially in development before TLOU2 finished, maybe planning and stuff.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Some kind of space western or sci-fi adventure would be great. Really looking forward to how they put a spin on the amazing gameplay they developed for Part II and implement it on their next title, preferably a new IP. ND games on PS5 are going to be nuts, I'm gonna need a new TV mid-gen for sure.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to see what they do next, hopefully they can improve on the crunch aspects as it seemed like developing TLOU2 was brutally tough (This generation was overall with Uncharted 4's rough development).

Hopefully it's a new IP so they can give their previous franchises time to breathe :)

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could shadow drop a game with literally no build up, no pre-release footage, no info given whatsoever. Just a nondescript blank box with no clue as to what the game is about... and i'd still buy the special edition day 1.

By far the developer I have the most faith in.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I would really love to see Sony making naughty dog a 2 team studio.
it would be so awesome to have a naughty dog game 2 in 2 years.
it would be fantastic for PS5 portfolio.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Im fine with letting ND decide what the theme and setting of its next game should be. They've earned the benefit of the doubt.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
For once I would like them to do a hero based multiplayer exclusive based on Savage Starlight. Have lore in there like how Overwatch does it.

And then do TLOU Part III afterwards.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
shocked pikachu face

They found their niche. Of course they are going to stick with what works for them.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very excited to see what it is they decide to do next. I do hope that it's a new IP. I don't think I want them to do anything with TLoU, as much as I loved both games, because I just don't see where they could go with a sequel that wouldn't feel contrived. But o guess that's what I thought after the first game too...

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Meh, they should go back to making great multiplayer experiences. Or if they're set on the cinematic story driven blah blah, just pitch a Netflix show or something.

Of course...
there's so little multiplayer games nowadays.
almost all big studios focusing in cinematic story driven games, naughty dog should make something unique like a huge battle royale game with one map and one objective.
this would be fantastic and unique!,

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I trust in whatever they do. My only wish in their next games are that I want no regular guns at all. If it shall have guns I want it to be space guns

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I want TLOU Pt. 3 or another narrative-driven IP.

ND's greatest strength by far is their ability to craft a compelling dramatic story. I think their talents would be wasted on a lighthearted IP IMO. They're the one studio I trust to effectively handle mature themes in games. Uncharted is good but doesn't compare at all to TLOU. I'm in day one no matter what they do, though.

Last edited:

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
Even a 4k 60fps version of TLOU2 would be mind blowing.
I doubt we'll get a 4K 60fps TLOU2. The PS4 pro is not able to get TLOU1 at 4K 60fps.

My only wish for their next game is that is stay grounded. If they go Sci-Fi, more like Interstellar than Star Wars.

But honestly I'll buy whatever game they make.

Sep 14, 2018
this will never be a thing, its just an ingame universe lore element, just like the superhero cards in part 2.
They are the same thing, the main character in Savage Starlight is "Dr. Daniela Star" and she has a hero card in part 2. But yeah I don't think it's anything more than a background thing.