• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Mario Party Boo House. Pay 50 coins to take a star and end a friendship.

who ever thought up the blue shell should face charges

Blue shell is pretty mild tbh. It's not really targeted, it just ALWAYS hits first place, so you can defer some responsibility when throwing one.

Also it's kinda needed. If you've ever played alternate power ups that remove the blue shell, 1st place just kinda gets out in front while the rest of the racers claw each other down with weaker power ups. This at least hits them with something too!

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Everything in 100% Orange Juice, but especially these

Honestly every damn card that works against you šŸ˜‚

Oct 16, 2020
Me and my brother threw real fists at each other over one of us playing as Dhalsim and spamming his long crouching attack.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
This plus people wasting their stars/supers

You just reminded me that EVERY time I played any SoR game with someone that hadn't played it before, they'd press each button to see what they did, and AS I WAS TRYING TO TELL THEM not to hit the button that uses their super, of course they pressed it and then didn't understand why they couldn't do it again (in the case of the first game if they were out) or why it took some health away.

I can still remember in the first one, suddenly everything freezes and I knew they hit their super button. Had to sit and wait for it to finish showing the animation of the police car firing all the missiles at the ONE enemy on screen.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Any game where someone selects the mode where you can damage each other in Beat em ups.

Speaking of Beat em ups, co-op in BattleToads NES. Think playing alone is hard? Hoo boy.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
Teammates throwing in a made at my feet to steal my kill and betraying me in the process in halo multiplayer.

Again in halo, stealing my kill mid assassination with half there bullets ending up in me. I had someone chase me around the map when I sniped there victim during an assassination.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
My brother and I got the San Jose Sharks to the Stanley Cup and I gave up a penalty for the chip.

NHL '95, the glory days.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
When my wife and I played 3D World back in the day and she kept picking me up and throwing me off the edge by accident.
Thank god, I'm not the only one.

"... by accident."

The crown in Super Mario 3D World will remind you that anyone one in your life will betray you for a chance to wear a shiny gold object.
it does NOTHING and people will risk game overs just to acquire it as if they're gollum

83d54d6d5ee7c71773f1da13b8bd4ad8.gif

I can't wait to play this game again, this time with my girlfriend.

Looking at the other player's screen to see where they are

Did anyone else attempt to construct a makeshift screenhide out of cardboard and sticky tape?

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Two people i know tried to play the witness by committee. They wound up furious at each other and the guest got kicked out of the house.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Mario party, especially the three on one games from MP1.

If with the exception of grab bag (which is exclusively steal from the 1p character). All of them can be dominated by the single player...

Provided they sacrifice their hand to the mario gods...

My hand still hurts thinking about them. No quarter was given

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Life Force Salamander - Taking the other player's lives when you run out of your own.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Joe Bruiser (basically Muhammad Ali) was not allowed to be used in WCW/ NWO World Tour. He couldn't grab but his fast punches were hard to get around.

Top-5-coolest-Characters-from-WCW-vs-NWO-World-Tour-Joe-Bruiser.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Any loot based game where you share loot. I had to quit playing Divinity Original Sin 2 with a close friend because he got really defensive and pissy about me opening a chest before him after a fight, and I was "hogging" all the loot. This was an unlocked chest in a house in front of a dude's bed that had like...a bed sheet and pillows in it.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Any loot based game where you share loot. I had to quit playing Divinity Original Sin 2 with a close friend because he got really defensive and pissy about me opening a chest before him after a fight, and I was "hogging" all the loot. This was an unlocked chest in a house in front of a dude's bed that had like...a bed sheet and pillows in it.

Can you not trade loot? I mean even if someone is looting things in most games you can usually trade stuff.

Epitomage

Banned
Sep 25, 2020
split screen gridlock with one boomshot drop in the center. it's just a dick set. just put a bunch FFS.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Who gets to play as Salem in Army of Two. I'm sorry, but I'm not playing as the fat, bald guy. You have to play as the fat, bald guy.

Epitomage

Banned
Sep 25, 2020
Who gets to play as Salem in Army of Two. I'm sorry, but I'm not playing as the fat, bald guy. You have to play as the fat, bald guy.

This is a good one. Hadn't thought about Army of Two in years, but the first two were a ton of fun. And yeah, nobody wanted to be Rios lol

Even though Rios banter > Salem's quippy shit

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
There were 3 things that tested friendships back in my days:

- Mario Party: everthing lol
- Mario Golf: The ability to make sounds to annoy another player
- Gauntlet Legends: Getting the chest before my friends

Mesoian

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
People complaining about throws in 2021.

Learn how to tech, golly.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
We used to love playing Wrecked - a party racing game - back on the 360.

The objective was to make the opponent sound out of lives by getting so far ahead of them that they were caught by the range, or make them fall off the track.

When you died you then had a number of powers at your disposal, missiles, orbital lasers or even the ability to swap cars position on the track.

Being first and getting the brunt of three or four sets of missiles or lasers from your mates was the cost of victory.

I also quietly discovered the secret controls for how to boost forwards (you could boost side to side withr ifht stick, forwards was more complicated). After a few wins someone noticed something was up and I got riotous called out.

Fuck I miss that game.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Basically every action in FIFA / PES that didn't work out if you're playing together.
Basically every action in FIFA / PES that did work out if youre playing against each other.