• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Worst mini boss in game?

My vote

Snake eyes. I didn't even die all that much to her but god damn do I just hate fighting her. Doesn't stagger easily once the poison blade runs out of juice, and has weird attack patterns

Don't remember which is which but like, the one on the way to the gunner place fucking sucked. And whoever was in the pits before the double monkey fight. I let them poison themselves to death. Fucking hate the gun mini bosses.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Late game boss spoilers ahead. Had a great day again. Took down
Both owl fights with 4 revives on the first and 3 on the second. Getting the counter down on his thrust and punishing his overhead swing with 2 attacks, dodge, 1 more attack was my key to victory. The second phase was easier for me (killed him the first time I got it) because he was more likely to use the thrust and less the firecracker swipe. The red bird was a huge tell for some easy damage and poise.
Fantastic game. Looking forward to the end fight that everyone is talking about.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Late game boss spoilers ahead. Had a great day again. Took down
Both owl fights with 4 revives on the first and 3 on the second. Getting the counter down on his thrust and punishing his overhead swing with 2 attacks, dodge, 1 more attack was my key to victory. The second phase was easier for me (killed him the first time I got it) because he was more likely to use the thrust and less the firecracker swipe. The red bird was a huge tell for some easy damage and poise.
Fantastic game. Looking forward to the end fight that everyone is talking about.

Congrats. Second fight is super fun, didn't really know what to do for the
second phase spirit form so kinda just ran in circles but have heard that you can parry it.
Already makes me wanna fight it again.

RigVertigo

Oct 31, 2017
Well, I haven't rage quit. Just raged. The fights aren't unmanageable, but they do demand a lot from you. Just finished.....

Owl

My hands started shaking when I got him down to that last fraction of health.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda bizarre going through this game on NG+ and obliterating everything in my path. All the bosses are going down on the first attempt. This sure is no "the real dark souls starts here" kind of shit. I haven't even used the mask to improve my attack power or anything.

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
Bit disappointed with the game. Think I'm at the end and really was hopping for more interesting areas. Hope it gets DLC as good as the old hunters but with better locations.

Also I don't want the game to end.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Do I really have to beat the game three more times to get the rest of the endings? I mean, I love the game but that's gonna get repetitive. Also, do I at all have to go to the Hirata Estate? I'm thinking of just skipping it this time.
Though I know you eventually go there in the Purification Route.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
It's kinda bizarre going through this game on NG+ and obliterating everything in my path. All the bosses are going down on the first attempt. This sure is no "the real dark souls starts here" kind of shit. I haven't even used the mask to improve my attack power or anything.

you can activate hard mode on NG+ and ring the bell too. normal NG+ is fairly easy after knowing the tactics.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
The final boss legit makes me want to just quit. It's too much, after so many hours of getting my ass kicked. Whether or not I beat it, the game is just too fucking hard. It's nothing like their other titles and I personally really hope they don't continue down this path in terms of design philosophy.

Oct 27, 2017
Found this incredible fan art on reddit:

z5zlgj5ln1p21.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/sekiro/comments/b6w5mi

Credit to user baileyzindel
LikableThickHydra-max-1mb.gif

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I had no idea there were multiple
headless
in this. :( (and they're so annoying...)

Last edited:

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got to Butterfly chick. I keep losing in the second round. Her damn ghost things and I don't have any Snap Seeds..

Just run around until the apparitions turn into projectiles and go stand behind a pillar until they all hit. Then go fight lady butterfly.

No point trying to hit them all as you will just be fighting the camera and lady butterfly will keep clicking her fingers. If you run around she makes a comment and quickly turns them into projectiles.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I haven't rage quit. Just raged. The fights aren't unmanageable, but they do demand a lot from you. Just finished.....

Owl

My hands started shaking when I got him down to that last fraction of health.
Yeah I just beat that guy too. Took me quite a while. If the last boss is much tougher, I'm not sure I can do it. We'll see. That said, I don't get angry at single-player games.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I asked this before but,
Are there additional items that expand on Sekiro being the Sculptor? Is it a role swap or is the Sculptor literally Sekiro in a time loop?

Grigorig

Oct 30, 2017
Finally beat lady butterfly with no snap peas or shurikens or pellets, not because I especially wanted to just because I ran out of all those things lol. Man that fight sure teaches you well because I was just destroying everything out in the world after that lol

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Late game boss spoilers.

Demon of Hate: uhhhh, wtf? How are you supposed to fight this thing. Also, if I continue the story will I miss my chance at this fight?

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn, finally beat this asshole after hours of attempts:

Fuck you, Genichero!

Felt so damn good. I've played all the Souls games and Bloodborne but I'm not an expert by any stretch. I've had no issues in the past summoning help for the tougher bosses. My reflexes are shit and I tend to spazz out, panic and start wailing on bosses to try and brute force my way through. Beating this guy was probably the toughest FROM boss I've ever beat just by legitimately getting better.

And the easy as hell 4th boss "fight" was such a great palate cleanser. Easiest FROM boss ever...

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Make it to the top of the Ashina castle

Third phase boss and I am done with healings, hell no
how do you make it to the top? I cleared out the whole area, including the spear mini boss on the left. I killed the mini boss in the middle on top of the big stairs. I somehow wondered to Senpou and now the depths with the monk.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Just got to
fountainhead palace
these enemies that
steal your life are annoying

Believe it or not you CAN still attack in that debilitated state, you just have to time it so it hits them right as they rush you. If you do it you are rewarded with a very funny / desperate deathblow animation!

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really proud of myself. I haven't been able to play due to work the last few days. Tonight I beat
Gyoubu Oniwa
on my first try!!!! Then I beat
Blazing Bull
on my second try! Really satisfying night tonight. I captured videos too. This game is so damn good.

Last edited:

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
can someone tell me approximately how much I have left...seems like I'm getting close to the end...I just beat...
Folding Screen Monkeys
seems like I've missed some things as I still haven't encountered that boss they kept showing in the demo and preview builds...
Corrupted Monk

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Believe it or not you CAN still attack in that debilitated state, you just have to time it so it hits them right as they rush you. If you do it you are rewarded with a very funny / desperate deathblow animation!
I saw that deathblow animation my first playthrough and it was...quite dramatic lol.
Enemies that steal your youth...This game is crazy lol. It helps that Sekiro sells the hell out of it with his animations too.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Brehs, It's going to be a long time before a game matches or even comes close to Sekiro. The ebb and flow of battles are just unlike anything else I have ever played. Just take a look at this, first attempt against GA in ng+, charm off, bell on, it's not perfect by any means but damn does this game make you feel good.

Heh

Dec 12, 2017
I asked this before but,
Are there additional items that expand on Sekiro being the Sculptor? Is it a role swap or is the Sculptor literally Sekiro in a time loop?

It's not a time loop, would make not sense if it was. It's just a parallel in circumstance. I don't know of anything that expands on it. Seems like a typical Fromsoft ending where it's just that, a end. Unless they create a sequel that continues off one of them.

Late game boss spoilers.

Demon of Hate: uhhhh, wtf? How are you supposed to fight this thing. Also, if I continue the story will I miss my chance at this fight?

You can come back to it later.

This XP farming is fucking awful.

Yeah, it's pretty awful if you're not at a higher New Game+

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm playing NG+ recklessly as fuck. I just used 10 gourds and a revive on Genichiro lol.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
the new Crate and Crowbar is an hour and a half of game critics gushing about this game, if anyone feels like their "people saying nice stuff about Sekiro" needs are not fully met by this forum

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Its infuriating how at least two guys can spot while fighting seven spears.

They really force to clear an arena that contains at least 10 enemies to retry an incredible difficult fight in itself.

Fucking frustrating.

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for
The Guarding Ape
?
I feel I'm not TOO far from getting a read on him but then I die.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
OMG
The second Owl fight has to be one of the hardest bosses in history. And also one of the best. I literally screamed when I beat him.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
OMG
The second Owl fight has to be one of the hardest bosses in history. And also one of the best. I literally screamed when I beat him.

Congrats, it's an exhilarating fight. Love how he uses all the
shinobi combat art skills, like chasing slice and shadowfall

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Decided not to go for the boss at the top of the castle, and ended up knocking out two mini-bosses:
Shichimen Warrior and Armored Warrior
The latter was quite fun once I figured out what I needed to do. My dodge habits really were killing me on that fight, I might finally be getting over them.

I am curious what that character is doing there.