• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
any completionists out there know what minibosses I'm missing?

I'm in the
castle revamped area, havent killed Owl yet, I know there is a another chained ogre behind a closed door, another purple ninja down where Tengu used to be, and a headless underwater. I killed the one in the dojo.

any others in this area?

you are wrong. youre wrong on how little they help, and youre wrong on how many you have. You can only HOLD 3, but your stash is probably in the dozens.
In terms of that area, you have all of the new ones.
I need one last Shaman/warrior dude and he's supposed to be in Ashina Depths... BUT WHERE
Right next to the Bottomless Hole. Edit: It's probably the one mentioned below, actually.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm kinda roadblocked two different routes by effectively the same mini boss, ol' Snake Eyes 1 and 2, can't beat either of them to save my life.
Any pointers to their weakness? parrying seems to do little to the melee attacks, dodge is unreliable and my damage output is still poop.
I can at least get the backstab on either one so it's just one life bar.

I figured that maybe the umbrella doodad might be a trump card buuuut not so much it seems, I can firecracker spam though!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm kinda roadblocked two different routes by effectively the same mini boss, ol' Snake Eyes 1 and 2, can't beat either of them to save my life.
Any pointers to their weakness? parrying seems to do little to the melee attacks, dodge is unreliable and my damage output is still poop.

I figured that maybe the umbrella doodad might be a trump card buuuut not so much it seems, I can firecracker spam though!

You can cheese the Depths Snake Eyes by letting her poison herself. Lure her out of her hiding spot and kite her back to the Buddha statue near the idol. Jump up to its hand and hide up there and she'll stand right below you, waiting for you to come down. The poison damage will tick her HP away and you'll be able to jump in for a deathblow. Perfect way to deal with that cheating jerk.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously have divine confetti. Farm blue samurais in Ashina antechamber if needed.

O'rin is mainly attacking till she deflects, then you guarding/deflecting until she does her red attack. I think first phase it's always a sweep so just jumpkick her. Second phase sometimes she does a grab which you'll need to dodge out of the way. I think Raven Feathers might work.

Monk you can firecracker.

I actually really like the Raven Feathers. It's pretty much guaranteed hit or two on bosses and it's great on bosses that are low on vitality to finish them off.
I haven't really explored that prosthetic much. Thanks for the tips though, I hadn't used divine confetti yet!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
You can cheese the Depths Snake Eyes by letting her poison herself. Lure her out of her hiding spot and kite her back to the Buddha statue near the idol. Jump up to its hand and hide up there and she'll stand right below you, waiting for you to come down. The poison damage will tick her HP away and you'll be able to jump in for a deathblow. Perfect way to deal with that cheating jerk.
and here I was thinking she just shrugged it off, useful to know.

Shame I'm standing near the other in the bullet hell valley right this moment though.
edit: huzzah, got the valley one by sheer chipping away, feels like there was supposed to be a better way than that but I'll take it, based firecrackers.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't remember the game telling me or giving me a tutorial pop-up that by holding the attack button you're able to do a thrust move with your sword...I just discovered it by accident during a fight...it's a useful semi-range move

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I don't remember the game telling me or giving me a tutorial pop-up that by holding the attack button you're able to do a thrust move with your sword...I just discovered it by accident during a fight...it's a useful semi-range move
Does a ton of posture damage, too. The
attack you get that makes you dive forward and then jump in the air is even better

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
UluxIM8.gif

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
End of Day 2 is fast approaching: still haven't beat the Endboss lol

Everything before that was done after max 10 tries

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to the samurai that was hanging out at the entrance to where you start at the very beginning of the game in Ashina Castle? The shamishen guy. He just disappeared.

Edit: nvm found him

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i think it is awesome how cinematic the whole game is without being over reliant on cutscenes, there are so many awesome playable moments, it is really cool.

End of Day 2 is fast approaching: still haven't beat the Endboss lol

Everything before that was done after max 10 tries

he isn´t so hard tbh, you just need to know all the tells and moves. i needed longer than expected too but in the end i thought it is straight forward. you gotta be aggressive with the finger on the deflect trigger all the time. many mikiri opportunities too that do much posture damage. when it clicks it is the greatest fight in the game for sure. it is just epic.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it! 2 and a half hours on the final boss - I think it's the most challenging final boss they've ever done. It was so satisfying though. Final playtime of 37 hours.

This game was amazing, loved nearly every second of it.

Got a few mini bosses and 2 Headless left to kill before starting NG+

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Lol so you can beat Lady Butterfly with only 2 buttons :p won't say anything more as not to spoil

and it works in both phases, even easier in phase 2

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
That's not entirely true, they do indeed have an effect and that effect is more pronounced the higher your Vitality is, so personally my theory is that the Vitality stat itself somehow factors significantly into the formula the game uses to apply the healing skill buffs to the gourd. At the lower levels the effect is miniscule but it increases as your Vitality increases. By time you've picked up everything else I listed you would probably have leveled up vitality at least once and probably twice unless you were farming XP, at that point the healing skills do have a decent effect and it only improves from there as they stack with the other healing passives you get throughout the game.

Kind of late getting back to this, since I actually needed the points for other things, so it took me a while to save up an additional nine until I found a decent late game farming spot. This is with 15 vitality and two Shinobi medicine. First image is default, second image is with both of the Emma skills. Totally NOT worth it like I said, especially early on since it's percentage based. When you only have 1-2 additional vitality ranks over the default, you will not gain anything from this really. And you do end up with a shortage of points later on to try out the various skills you end up having access too. Right now, I have one master skill a few others and each additional point is costing 5K, and there's still a bunch of skills I want to try out...

Default.jpg

Emma2.jpg

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
This game is crazy. First time I faced Genichiro, I got to his third phase and left him with a sliver of posture. Since then I only make it to his third phase %20 of the time I fight him.

What is it about this game where these things occur? So bizarre.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

One of them can be cheesed by poison in the area (you'll know what I mean), the other you can fight straight up. You can continually, jump off their heads regardless of attack, whcih will stun them, hit them 1-2 times, then jump on them again. My friends who are refusing to actually play the game were sharing these strats with me on discord the other night haha.

I am never beating the final boss. Holy shit
Its fucking awesome. First time Ive considered turning hard mode off.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This game is crazy. First time I faced Genichiro, I got to his third phase and left him with a sliver of posture. Since then I only make it to his third phase %20 of the time I fight him.

What is it about this game where these things occur? So bizarre.

The AI varies a lot. Sometimes it uses its most punishable moves over and over again, other times it uses its hardest moves constantly. It's one of the reasons people have varying levels of success with certain bosses.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
and here I was thinking she just shrugged it off, useful to know.

Shame I'm standing near the other in the bullet hell valley right this moment though.
edit: huzzah, got the valley one by sheer chipping away, feels like there was supposed to be a better way than that but I'll take it, based firecrackers.

You can cheese (the second one anyway) into the poison pool, but honestly the easiest method for both is to just use the Sabimaru prosthetic. Two full rounds and they get poisoned and have a bunch of posture gone and they get stunned for a bit (doubling over sick). Even when blocking the poison meter builds up. For the one that's on the cliff, surrounded by snipers, just work backwards, clearing out the snipers from the Gun Fort idol.

Status
Not open for further replies.