• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Haven't seen this posted yet unless I missed it, does this help? If someone builds it they can use it to create an entire physical floor plan of the apartment building.
IMG_2873.jpg

Is this the thread where I mention how many times I've drawn the floor plan of the Wayne Manor?

Wait, what rooms are there in Wayne Manor besides the library with the clock/fireplace/parent portrait, his bedroom, and the door outside? And sometimes Alfred's room? And occasionally the graveyard is out the library window but sometimes it isn't. And somewhere on property is a big hole.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the set photo it seems to work fine, even after seeing that the apartment apparently goes farther than the kitchen which is the real news to me.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
All long hallway shots are Seinfeld being confused and exiting on the wrong floor

手加減 TG

Dec 11, 2019
Haven't seen this posted yet unless I missed it, does this help? If someone builds it they can use it to create an entire physical floor plan of the apartment building.
IMG_2873.jpg

Wait, what rooms are there in Wayne Manor besides the library with the clock/fireplace/parent portrait, his bedroom, and the door outside? And sometimes Alfred's room? And occasionally the graveyard is out the library window but sometimes it isn't. And somewhere on property is a big hole.
That reminds me, isn't there a Lego Seinfeld set coming this year?

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, I love stuff like this

Here's another one: the Hills' house on King of the Hill doesn't make sense (specifically the den, which is established to have a window multiple times, but also has to be between the living room and the garage

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I'd be much more worried about the large open side of the apartment with the people sitting and watching me

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
The portion of wall we see on the left could actually be the end of what conceals a short bending section. It's a trick of camera angles where that neighbor's apartment appears more immediately parallel than it is.

No it couldn't. The bend would have to begin less than a foot past Jerry's doorframe.

They're cheating the structural geography, it happens all the time in stage, film, and TV. Jerry's apartment is the way it is because it makes it easier to shoot in and allows for more camera setups with four actors. The T-Rex paddock in Jurassic Park changes from being flat to being a giant pit because it makes the scene better, and no, none of the stupid internet diagrams of it are correct or fix anything. It doesn't have to make sense, 99% of people are never going to notice, and most of the ones who do won't care.

Oct 27, 2017
God, I love shit like this. I was also getting a kick out of the whole layout of The Simpsons' house. I remember drawing a floor plan of Nancy's House in A Nightmare on Elm Street after people kept on saying the second-floor left-side front windows belonged to Nancy's room and I was major confused. There's some strangeness with that house too. I'd imagine a lot of fictional houses have strange layouts. In the Marvelouse Misadventures of Gumball, the Waterson house is two floors, but from the exterior, the second floor is barely a floor rather than attic space, but in the interior, it's a full-sized second floor. Reminds me of Scooby-Doo's doghouse in A Pup Named Scooby Doo, which was a normal doghouse on the outside and a sprawling mansion on the inside.

Respect your elders

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Kramer was already rich off his inventions at the start of the show, which is what allowed him to survive without a source of income when he went on strike at the bagel shop.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I've yet to see a layout of this house, let alone that makes sense. I assume that the Banks remodeled the house after season 1 because so much changed, but I've seen people try and justify that the old rooms still exist somehow.
Looking through a lot of abandoned mansion exploration videos on YouTube, their mansion HAS to be much, MUCH bigger than that. My guess is the front is a hallway from the foyer that leads to the living room (and it has one staircase, likely one of the multiple staircases in the mansion), and then the kitchen. That would be just one side of the mansion if we are talking realistic terms. The other side might have an office, drawing/reception room, powder rooms, and such.

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
God, I love shit like this. I was also getting a kick out of the whole layout of The Simpsons' house. I remember drawing a floor plan of Nancy's House in A Nightmare on Elm Street after people kept on saying the second-floor left-side front windows belonged to Nancy's room and I was major confused. There's some strangeness with that house too. I'd imagine a lot of fictional houses have strange layouts. In the Marvelouse Misadventures of Gumball, the Waterson house is two floors, but from the exterior, the second floor is barely a floor rather than attic space, but in the interior, it's a full-sized second floor. Reminds me of Scooby-Doo's doghouse in A Pup Named Scooby Doo, which was a normal doghouse on the outside and a sprawling mansion on the inside.

It's sometimes cursed knowledge. I can't watch the long take from Goodfellas without noticing that there was no reason for them to walk through the kitchen. The could have just gone straight into the club at the 1:00 mark instead of taking a left and making a circle.

Last edited:

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
It's sometimes cursed knowledge. I can't watch the long take from Goodfellas without noticing that there was no reason for them to walk through the kitchen. The could have just gone straight into the club at the 1:00 mark instead of taking a left and making a circle.

A hundred times this man. Worse yet, I saw this long before watching the entire movie, so it was a poor introduction.

go into kitchen, take a left, right, right, then left. Hallway wall is now covered by some drape to look different.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
To be utterly fair it is a three bedroom place and I've always thought that Fraser is rich. The most unrealistic parts about it are the sheer size of the living room and the five bathrooms

Years of practice as a psychiatrist and current job as a (presumably successful?) radio show host. Plus whatever his dad pitches in from his savings, presumably. Might have Niles contributing too since Fraiser is the one "caring" for their dad.

Granted, he'd have spent a lot on rent in Boston before that. Might be sending support to Lilith for his kid too. But he's obviously got some cash.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
No it couldn't. The bend would have to begin less than a foot past Jerry's doorframe.

They're cheating the structural geography, it happens all the time in stage, film, and TV. Jerry's apartment is the way it is because it makes it easier to shoot in and allows for more camera setups with four actors. The T-Rex paddock in Jurassic Park changes from being flat to being a giant pit because it makes the scene better, and no, none of the stupid internet diagrams of it are correct or fix anything. It doesn't have to make sense, 99% of people are never going to notice, and most of the ones who do won't care.
The real answer, honestly. You could probably "fix" the apartment layout so it can actually exist, but then it's not optimal to shoot in. It doesn't really make sense if you think about it. But it's just one of those things where once you know, you can never un-know.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How come nobody mentioned the single episode in the middle of the series where that hallway expand to fit an entire row of apartments?