• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they get more funding for their projects, and the crowned prince stays as FAR away as humanly possible. I hope he's not even aware of this, honestly. Fuck that guy.

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Extremely glad to see my country investing in gaming companies, a field that i have been into since i was born. Here is to more investments!

TheRealMjeed

Oct 30, 2017
Then why did he invest a stake in SNK? Investors make these investments to get a good return of investment, nothing more to it than that.
Gee I dunno..maybe it had something to do with the training partnership the same Saudi company did with SNK last year to train young female saudi developers??
Alot of hyperbole in this thread without knowing the slightest clue about EGDC or "Misk Foundation"

Oh and for those screaming for boycotts already.. this is a list of MbS PIF investment (and its increasing every single day btw)
pifholdings310320.png

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
I hope the LGBT community will be as upset about this as we are about CD Projekt Red. The Saudi Arabian government has one of the worst track records when it comes to LGBT rights in the world.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Gee I dunno..maybe it had something to do with the training partnership the same Saudi company did with SNK last year to train young female saudi developers??
Alot of hyperbole in this thread without knowing the slightest clue about EGDC or "Misk Foundation"

Oh and for those screaming for boycotts already.. this is a list of MbS PIF investment (and its increasing every single day btw)
pifholdings310320.png
Oh wow, that's a lot of companies to boycott! 😝

TheRealMjeed

Oct 30, 2017
If Dick Cheney bought Activision Blizzard we'd be looking at an equivalent situation and still have the same amount of outrage. As is, you don't have much to stand on.

That too.

To put it into prespective, this is like Trump buying Sega and paying him directly to play Yakuza or Sonic.

You guys clearly don't seem to comprehend the scope of influence rich American CEOs and their lobbying power over your politicians. Heck your whole political campaigns are funded by the rich aka SuperPACs

Oct 27, 2017
You guys clearly don't seem to comprehend the scope of influence rich American CEOs and their lobbying power over your politicians. Heck your whole political campaigns are funded by the rich aka SuperPACs
You think I don't know that? I stopped buying Activision games because of their CEO who are funding Trump and other reasons like supporting the CCP. I am not even american but people like Trump affect me too.

Just because I am calling out the bastard MBS doesn't mean I don't do the same for other bastards. Stop this poor attempt of whataboutism.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was nice to hear but then KoFXV skipped 2020. Do we know what their other 2020 game was(was it supposed to be the new Metal Slug game)? Because that seemed to have skipped 2020 too.

Covid hit so yeah, they said it caused delays. Like Piccoro mentioned, they will be showing KOF early next year.

It was supposed to be XV and MS.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

pifholdings310320.png

.… guess the people in this thread planning to boycott SNK should be boycotting Disney, Mahvel, Star Wars and a whole lot else?

Oct 27, 2017
.… guess the people in this thread planning to boycott SNK should be boycotting Disney, Mahvel, Star Wars and a whole lot else?
Really easy for me as I barely use any of the above. I guess Disney is the only one that I actually care just a bit for but even then I don't give them money if at all. Usually I watch/play stuff by friends who share them with me.

With that said, some stuff you can't just not use. It sucks but it is what it is. What you can do is minimize the use of them.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it very interesting that the response to people suggesting they'll boycott SNK is to mention all of the other companies they should boycott too.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Far worse. Yet international LGBT rights groups are silent and indifferent to it as if its some kind of taboo to criticize the Saudi government. Fuck that. A threat to justice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

As a gay person I've been pretty disappointed in LGBT rights groups for quite some time now, so I'm not expecting much sadly.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, but it's a different story altogether when one of his investments is a legacy video game brand.

Then why did he invest a stake in SNK? Investors make these investments to get a good return of investment, nothing more to it than that.

That's not always the case. As someone pointed out, sometime they do it because they love it. if I was a rich tycoon with billions, I'd buy Sega just to buy them because they are my favorite company. I honestly wouldn't do it to become rich off them.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Those people won't even get to try the Pfizer vaccine!
yeah because if i do, i lose the moral ground to be upset about a sick fuck psychopath getting involved in a hobby i enjoy i guess.
brilliant binary thinking logic must have come free with dictator excusing.

Last edited:

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

...sure but also no?

having shares != being the largest shareholder

investing in stocks != signing a stock transfer agreement along the lines of what we're seeing here

gosh, y'all are really trying to come up with the whataboutism that might successfully distract from the subject at hand, aren't you

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really easy for me as I barely use any of the above. I guess Disney is the only one that I actually care just a bit for but even then I don't give them money if at all. Usually I watch/play stuff by friends who share them with me.

With that said, some stuff you can't just not use. It sucks but it is what it is. What you can do is minimize the use of them.

Hold the phone, you can bypass the boycott rules by borrowing from a friend lol?

But yeah, jokes aside it's tough if you go all the way but that's what you kinda gotta do to actually make a stand.

Otherwise you are just throwing words around at your convenience.

...sure but also no?

having shares != being the largest shareholder

investing in stocks != signing a stock transfer agreement along the lines of what we're seeing here

gosh, y'all are really trying to come up with the whataboutism that might successfully distract from the subject at hand, aren't you

being the largest shareholder != being the majority shareholder

The previous Chinese chairman still runs the show. over 66% of the shares are owned the same as before.

SNK will function the same and the same devs will be making the same games as before. KOFXV won't change overnight just because one shareholder got bought out.

So yeah, enjoy the mental gymnastics and all that it entails.

MBS is a POS but that's about it. I couldn't care less about him before and couldn't care less about him now.

SNK is still SNK.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
You know when I woke up this morning and visited Era, a "Saudi Crown Prince Defense Force" was not necessarily anything I was expecting to see

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory whataboutism
yeah because if i do, i lose the moral ground to be upset of a sick fuck psychopath getting involved in a hobby i enjoy i guess.
brilliant binary thinking logic must have come free with dictator excusing.
So it's OK to have a vaccine funded by him, but it's not OK to play a videogame funded by him?

Look, I also think that Prince Whatever is a horrible person. He supported Trump's campaign in 2016, along with many other terrible crap.
But the entertainment industry is mostly funded by these crappy millionaires, them being from the US, Saudi Arabia or wherever. You can't escape it.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
the prince probably stepped into an old dusty arcade and saw a bunch of snk cabs and said "damn lets buy snk" and the rest is history.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
being the largest shareholder != being the majority shareholder

The previous Chinese chairman still runs the show. over 66% of the shares are owned the same as before.

SNK will function the same and the same devs will be making the same games as before. KOFXV won't change overnight just because one shareholder got bought out.

So yeah, enjoy the mental gymnastics and all that it entails.

MBS is a POS but that's about it.

SNK is still SNK.

lol

"enjoy the mental gymnastics" says the person who didn't actually respond to anything i said, and instead decided to just put their head in the sand

no no, you're right, 33% is not 51%, so SNK is still completely the same company - all they did was agree to a stock exchange agreement that, in one fell swoop, made MBS the largest shareholder of their company

by the way, the problem people have with this isn't that it might affect KOFXV lmao

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
So it's OK to have a vaccine funded by him, but it's not OK to play a videogame funded by him?

...yes?

dude, there's way more at stake when it comes to vaccines than video games, your response to the latter situation isn't necessarily going to parallel your response to the former one

also, MBS investing some amount into Pfizer isn't the same as Pfizer agreeing to a stock exchange agreement making him the largest shareholder of their company, so the comparison hardly absolves SNK anyway

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017

Look, I also think that Prince Whatever is a horrible person. He supported Trump's campaign in 2016, along with many other terrible crap.
But the entertainment industry is mostly funded by these crappy millionaires, them being from the US, Saudi Arabia or wherever. You can't escape it.

yeah i rather decide on my own what i can and cannot escape or get upset about, case by case on my own terms.
don't need whataboutisms which mainly boils down to shaming people to be ok with everything.

fuck mbs with a chainsaw btw.

Oct 27, 2017
Hold the phone, you can bypass the boycott rules by borrowing from a friend lol?

But yeah, jokes aside it's tough if you go all the way but that's what you kinda gotta do to actually make a stand.

Otherwise you are just throwing words around at your convenience.
All I am saying is, I don't want to give money to people like MBS. In some cases you have to like the vaccine but the thing is you should try not to give money to bad people if you can.

Video games are not necessary and thus it is much easier not to give them money. Same with Disney.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
by the way, the problem people have with this isn't that it might affect KOFXV lmao

No shit? lol.

It's the same doom and gloom that happened when the Chinese bought them. And that was an actual (full on control) acquisition. People were talking up a storm about how SNK as we know it is finished.

It's been five years now since they were bought out, how different is SNK now to what you would expect from them? Do you actually believe that they as a company will completely change after this new share purchase?

All I am saying is, I don't want to give money to people like MBS. In some cases you have to like the vaccine but the thing is you should try not to give money to bad people if you can.

Video games are not necessary and thus it is much easier not to give them money. Same with Disney.

Fair enough.