• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
By marketing I assume they mean Game Pass because I've not seen a single ad for the game.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wonder what they got for their Gamepass deal

I'd imagine Microsoft gave them a sweetheart deal because Microsoft must have known that their Series X|S launch window / first year was nothing short of awful.

Sony have also paid for deals with indies to flesh out their launch but at the same time also have a great first year (on paper) planned.

HanzSnubSnub

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks pretty good from what I've seen. January actually seems to be a good time to release games. Both this and Hitman 3 have stood out during what would normally be a gaming drought.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I have this loaded on my Series X and just haven't had the time to play it. I plan on correcting that today. Congrats to the team.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear. I played the opening like hour or so and want to play more but I was incredibly tired when I tried to play the other day and fell asleep playing lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
As I said in the OT, I did not have a good time with this game, but I'm very glad it's been a success. I want to see more and better horror games by Bloober.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks pretty good from what I've seen. January actually seems to be a good time to release games. Both this and Hitman 3 have stood out during what would normally be a gaming drought.

Resident Evil 7 also launched in January (2017), and did extremely well. I don't understand why publishers don't take more advantage of the Jan - Feb window. You'd most likely have those months to yourself for more exposure.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not enjoying this game much at all despite its excellent music. MC and dialogue and voice mixing get on my last nerve. It's almost self parody in the "telling you what to do through seemingly natural internal monologue," but that's not the only reason. Maybe when monster Troy shows up it'll become more fun.

Anyway I'm glad to have been able to try it with Gamepass, and that a service like Gamepass hasn't affected their income.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
When they say "sales" do they mean individual purchases outside of Gamepass? I would assume they are connected but apparently games sell really well when they are featured on Gamepass because it gets the word out to folks without the subscription too

I would assume "sales" means all revenue generated by the game.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
Good to know, I didn't play the game yet, but the concept of the game is very cool and the studio show so much love for the project.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
you werent looking hard enough then
medium was in front of everything microsoft for the past year
Yep, didn't think about showcase events, but you're right. I was thinking more recently.

Releasing trailers counts as "marketing".

An ad for this game is going to cost more than the game itself lol
Creating trailers (like the live-action one they did), going at events (yeah I know), paying for a social media manager and so on still counts as marketing costs.
Good points, the live-action trailer was really well done.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Game is rock solid and incredibly accessible. I'm glad to have made the decision to play this.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense since I imagine running a studio in Poland is relatively cheap and that they only have around 100 employees in total. That plus being the first high profile exclusive next-gen game for Series X puts them in a great position.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The 'I havent seen a ad so there must be no marketing' narrative is always so weird.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Wow neat.

I saw the game on gamepass but it looks too horror for me. Glad to hear its doing well outside of gamepass tok

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine Microsoft gave them a sweetheart deal because Microsoft must have known that their Series X|S launch window / first year was nothing short of awful.

Sony have also paid for deals with indies to flesh out their launch but at the same time also have a great first year (on paper) planned.
Their launch lineup was much weaker without Halo Infinite. This was announced for Game Pass well before they knew Halo would be delayed. Sony also bolstered their line up with 3rd party exclusives, it has nothing to do with being worried they would have an "awful" launch.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I am enjoying the game so far. I appreciate it not being an RE clone. More about the Story, Puzzles, and Environments.