• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I mean I dont get it.
if you run out of fuel you may wait for supplies. if its too hot obviously not bit if you got to abonden it you usually destroy it somehow to not have it against you later on...

makes me question how well they are trained.

We already know a significant portion of them are barely trained at all

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Too bad this probably can't operate alone, without a crew that knows what they are doing :(.

Their military uses many of the same vehicles and surely can get outside help eventually on how to operate. Getting proper parts if it was sabotaged before abandoning it will be another matter along with the missiles

Lot of this will just be paper weights

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
CNN said:
Russia preparing to launch large-scale information operation against Ukraine, says Ukraine's defense minister

Russia is preparing to launch a "large-scale information and psychological operation" against Ukraine, Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov said Tuesday.
"Its goal is to break the resistance of Ukrainians and the Ukrainian army with lies," Reznikov said in a statement.
According to the defense minister, Russia has planned to create "communication problems" and to fabricate reports that Ukraine's military and political leadership have "agreed to surrender" to the Russian Forces.
"As a 'confirmation' of this, fake — supposedly signed — documents as well as edited fake videos will be spread," Reznikov said.
"This is a lie. This won't happen. There will be no surrender! Only victory," he added.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
When is the last time in history that an army has been sent to die for absolutely nothing like it's happening right now with the Russian army??

The Gulf War in 1990 when Iraq invaded Kuwait for basically no reason. Iraq had just finished fighting a decade long war against Iran which left them with the 4th largest military in the world and a mountain of debt. Kuwait was a wealthy neighbour that sold a lot of oil while also holding a good chunk of Iraqi debt.

No money, huge army, rich neighbour...you see where it went.

Afghanistan and Iraq 2003 were ultimately futile, but I think the work being done and the idealistic goals were "worthy" on paper. Iraq 100% shouldn't have happened, but it did have the potential to turn out okay if the government rebuilding hadn't been botched.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Putin is still walking?

Can someone get rid of the motherfucker already?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Why would it be a false flag? Pretty dumb considering they have an enormous army in Ukraine right now.
the intel keeps saying to watch out for false flag attacks to "justify" further force from putin. obviously taken with a grain of salt; but a lot of the intel has been spectacularly accurate this time around

daschysta

Mar 24, 2019
The Gulf War in 1990 when Iraq invaded Kuwait for basically no reason. Iraq had just finished fighting a decade long war against Iran which left them with the 4th largest military in the world and a mountain of debt. Kuwait was a wealthy neighbour that sold a lot of oil while also holding a good chunk of Iraqi debt.

No money, huge army, rich neighbour...you see where it went.

Afghanistan and Iraq 2003 were ultimately futile, but I think the work being done and the idealistic goals were "worthy" on paper. Iraq 100% shouldn't have happened, but it did have the potential to turn out okay if the government rebuilding hadn't been botched.
[/QUOTE]

Sheesh we've boomeranged into defending Iraq and Afghanistan, let's not. That's like saying Russias goals in invading to save Donbass from Ukrainian terrorists are "worthy" on paper. Both are awful, and predicated on lies and falsehoods. Neither should be defended.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
What is the suggestion of what we should do, exactly? I mean, even if Russia DIDN'T have nukes, is expanding the war further definitely the right answer?

Maybe. I certainly feel like I want to see Russia's army get owned. And Russia would definitely lose if they fought NATO, let alone a huge coalition. But also.. that war would lead to A LOT MORE innocent civilians getting shelled and killed. And that's guaranteed even without a single nuke being dropped. Again, not saying that I don't share your instinct. But, let's not just assume that moar war is the answer to war is bad.
Without nukes the NATO should definitely fight Russia soldiers to stop the madness of them killing innocent people. We got 3,5 million soldiers total in the NATO. Putin got not even a million active soldiers. In ukraine only a fraction is active and I'd imagine most monsters in the ukraine would run instead of fighting a army better trained and with significantly more ressources available. Wouldn't be a long war and it would be more about stopping the war and not invading Russia.

Last edited:
the intel keeps saying to watch out for false flag attacks to "justify" further force from putin. obviously taken with a grain of salt; but a lot of the intel has been spectacularly accurate this time around
If they were going to try to make Ukraine look bad it'd be by targeting their own civilians. Nobody is going to think hitting Russian military bases is out of bounds.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Generalization; Don't Conflate the actions of a Warmongering Regime with the General Population
I never realized a nigh-insane dictator and a bunch of oligarchs were ever enabled by the lower and middle class.
I've thought about this a lot lately and my conclusion is that they are and they should rightfully be punished along with the ruling class through the sanctions.
Normal citizens are those committing massacres in Putin's army.
Normal citizens are those who uphold his regime by working in his corrupted law enforcement.
Normal citizens are the fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, cousins of those who are pillars of the Putin regime and have not convinced their family to seek a different path.
They had 20 years of possible passive action they could have done to slowly erode Putin's regime, but they did not. They chose to be cogs in the wheel the whole time and/or did not raise or educate they families to avoid supporting their tyrant. As such I can't be bothered to be sorry for them. Inaction is the same as support.

Nov 27, 2020
Why would it be a false flag? Pretty dumb considering they have an enormous army in Ukraine right now.
Yeah, Russia is far beyond the need for "false flags". Nothing they do is going to convince the world that they're in the right, and they just make shit up for internal consumption.

One of the more surprising aspects of this has been just how closely Russia is sticking to the Soviet playbook in all of this. Gaslight their people, shrug off sanctions, daily nuclear threats…that would have worked back in the USSR days, but there's a pretty big difference now. Back then, the party held the reigns of power, not one man (I'm talking post-Stalin). The problem is, a lot of the soft power Russia now has is in the hands of the oligarchy, owners of businesses that depend on trade with the west.

I think this comes down to Putin biting the hand that has fed him, and eventually it will catch up to him. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
Without nukes the NATO should definitely slaughter Russia soldiers to stop the madness of them killing innocent people. We got 3,5 million soldiers total in the NATO. He got not even a million active soldiers. In ukraine only a fraction is active. Wouldn't be a long war and it would be more about stopping the war and not invading Russia.
Without nukes NATO forces would already knock on the doors of the Kremlin.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I get the sentiment but him being gone could make things even worse. It would be more chaotic at the very least.
Who would you see as having the desire and political capital to continue on with the invasion should Putin drop dead? The cracks have formed among some of the old guard around these actions even with Putin himself. Wondering who you think would rise to power and make the situation worse, keeping in mind where we're at and looking ahead to, over there just being internal instability that would detract from and flounder the invasion itself.

AzureSky

Dec 11, 2017
I really don't get it. Does Putin seriously think conquering Ukraine is worth tossing away everything he's gained? What calculus exists that makes occupying Ukraine an overall positive end result? And instead of cutting his losses he's pushing even harder?

This really is all just his ego now, isn't it?

the situation got out of control for him. The plan was to blitz the capital and replace the government, thats the reason why russian forces looked so inept so far. Resistance was much heavier than expected and they followed a plan that couldnt work. Now they will probably switch gears to proper war with bombings and mass casualties. Putin is not known for deescalation, he is more likely to double down than give up when pushed into a corner.

If that massive convoy takes Kyiv, is there a chance Zelensky would only be taken prisoner and not something worse?
if there is a choice, a prisoner is always better than a martyr. Its nice to have someone to prosecute and pin the blame on.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

The U.S. has been very adept at releasing classified intel during this to get in front of any false flag operations they might be planning. The Russian government's computers systems have probably been hacked for awhile.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
They just make shit up, they don't need to actually blow something up. They already invented a fictional genocide without bothering to produce a single piece of fake evidence for to justify the invasion.

Oct 28, 2019
RT:

The Russian government is launching the "Explain.rf" website, where only verified and reliable information will be published, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Chernyshenko said in a video message.

😂

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I've thought about this a lot lately and my conclusion is that they are and they should rightfully be punished along with the ruling class through the sanctions.
Normal citizens are those committing massacres in Putin's army.
Normal citizens are those who uphold his regime by working in his corrupted law enforcement.
Normal citizens are the fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, cousins of those who are pillars of the Putin regime and have not convinced their family to seek a different path.
They had 20 years of possible passive action they could have done to slowly erode Putin's regime, but they did not. They chose to be cogs in the wheel the whole time and/or did not raise or educate they families to avoid supporting their tyrant. As such I can't be bothered to be sorry for them. Inaction is the same as support.

I don't know how reasonable a point of view this is. Do you hold citizens of other countries whose governments are involved in illegal wars to the same standards? You have to remember the government have a very tight control of the media and narrative in Russia.