• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 15, 2019
FPS boost is cool and all but I really wish they'd get back to expanding the OG Xbox and 360 back-compat libraries. Every game they've added high FPS options to already could on PC so it's just inherently less interesting than rescuing games stuck on old hardware.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
DF deciding wich games to pick out

tenor.gif

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing they'll focus on Gamepass games for this drop... it would raise even more the value of the service. Previous drops were all gamepass focused (first 5 games were on GP and EA & Bethesda)... could be this kind of boost is part of the deal for games on GP.

It makes a lot of sense, especially with xcloud becoming a bigger focus this year and the servers switching over to series x hardware. 60fps will make a big difference for responsiveness for these titles on xcloud.

Glassjaw

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For a company that has had zero next gen console exclusive titles thus far they have done a remarkable job of keeping their hardware relevant during the drought. Between enhancements and Game Pass I have been playing a ton of titles on the Series X. Currently playing through Ratchet again on the PS5 but my game time has been split since launch. Absolute best case scenario in my book.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
FPS boost is cool and all but I really wish they'd get back to expanding the OG Xbox and 360 back-compat libraries. Every game they've added high FPS options to already could on PC so it's just inherently less interesting than rescuing games stuck on old hardware.

Not everyone has a gaming PC or uses Windows. Also no guarantee it's the same amount of work or that it's the same people.

Oct 27, 2017
The issue with Arkham Asylum and City is they were later patched with a weird framerate cap at 45fps so the BC team doubling the framerate will still have it capped at 90fps. Unfortunately it needs a patch from the studio to fix it and it seems unlikely to happen.

Return to Arkham version of Arkham Asylum is 45fps locked which is bizarre. City is 60fps but also seemed to have occasional weird stutters even playing on a VRR screen.

Those ports are very strange.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
As unlikely as it is, I really hope we get some of the COD games to get FPS boost honestly. AW, BO3, IW and COD4R would all be incredibly awesome in either 4k or in 120fps but I am someone who prefers higher frame rates so I prefer that. But Activision is gonna Activision, so I know we won't be getting that regardless...

I wonder if they'll FPS boost Doom 2016, Wolfenstein 2, Dishonored 2 and Dishonored Death of the Outsider and add those games into Game Pass as well since those are missing too

I have a strong feeling that they're saving the boosted resolutions and new 360/OG games for E3 honestly, where that kind of news would make the biggest splash possible to help sell consoles.

Also, unless they find new methods to FPS boost, I have a strong feeling that they're just trying to go through and FPS boost what they can as early as possible in the generation because I think they only have their one method.

Editor in chief at N4G

Holy fucking shit, I wonder if they mean there will be 70 total or 70 new games being added soon? Either way, this is incredibly exciting to say the least, and I don't even have my XSX yet.

If true, it's weird to me that they wouldn't drop 5 or 10 at a time every couple of weeks, that's months worth of positive publicity and keeping BC in the public eye.

But if MS wants to just drop ALL THE GAMES at once, who am I to say no.
They probably want this to be their big news for May in the beginning while they begin hyping up their E3 showcase in Early June, as if Starfield will be at E3 I wouldn't be surprised if we get another teaser for that in mid May along with another Halo tease and what not.

Plus, if they have so many games ready, it's probably best for them to just release them sooner rather than later.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who has a TV capable of 120, I still really hope they focus on 60.

120 hasn't been all that for me. The resolution drops are jarring.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
If Gears 2, 3 and Judgement get a bump to 60fps on series x but not on series s, I'm selling my series s immediately.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Probably 50 Ubisoft games

tenor.gif
Oh man, if they did that there would be no way to stop the crazy speculation that would follow about Ubisoft+ on Game Pass and what not, so even though I would enjoy that, I would kind of prefer FPS Boosted Ubisoft games wait until after Ubisoft+ coming to GP is confirmed/denied. They can just throw a few Ubisoft games in each batch

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've given it more thought and here's my extended list of Xbox One games I would love to see get 60FPS boosts:

- Assassin's Creed - The Ezio Collection, AC3/4, Rogue, Unity, Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey

Yeah, AC Rogue Remastered would be a biggie for me. Owned it for ages, never really played it.

Would start it tomorrow if it got a FPS Boost.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, if they did that there would be no way to stop the crazy speculation that would follow about Ubisoft+ on Game Pass and what not, so even though I would enjoy that, I would kind of prefer FPS Boosted Ubisoft games wait until after Ubisoft+ coming to GP is confirmed/denied. They can just throw a few Ubisoft games in each batch

I think and hope Ubi is coming to game pass but last FPS boost batch did nothing for me because EA...

And targeting 120fps with low resolution is also another negative for me.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Dishonored 2 please. Or they might wait until they can put it back on game pass.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Return to Arkham version of Arkham Asylum is 45fps locked which is bizarre. City is 60fps but also seemed to have occasional weird stutters even playing on a VRR screen.

Those ports are very strange.
I just checked Digital Foundry and you're right in that it was only the X enhanced Arkham Asylum with the odd 45fps whereas Arkham City gained a 30fps cap. However they could use the Xbox One S profile to double the framerate to 60fps in Arkham Asylum and use the Xbox One X profile to double the framerate to 60fps in Arkham City.

May 25, 2019
London
I don't get all this concern. If the game was 60 before - they give you an option to hit 120. If it was 30 before - they give you an option to hit 60. If you don't want the resolution loss, don't enable the boost.

If you want a real update that addresses both performance and resolution, then your issue is with the publisher. I don't see how Microsoft giving you an option that you didn't have before is a problem here.

Deleted member 78123

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 16, 2020
User banned (1 week): Trolling over a series of posts, long history of same behavior
Oh my god! The list just leaked, 73 titles:

images

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Have they mentioned anything about resolution boosts for Xbox One games? I know before the Series X released they showed off Gears Of War Ultimate Edition running at 4K 60fps in backwards compatibility mode.

Oct 27, 2017
I just checked Digital Foundry and you're right in that it was only the X enhanced Arkham Asylum with the odd 45fps whereas Arkham City gained a 30fps cap. However they could use the Xbox One S profile to double the framerate to 60fps in Arkham Asylum and use the Xbox One X profile to double the framerate to 60fps in Arkham City.
Ah that makes sense. Yeah I was wrong about City being 60fps. Hopefully in the future it will be.

Glassjaw

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Have they mentioned anything about resolution boosts for Xbox One games? I know before the Series X released they showed off Gears Of War Ultimate Edition running at 4K 60fps in backwards compatibility mode.
I am hoping that something will be announced at E3 this year about this and hopefully additional games being added. They usually use this platform to announce big BC updates etc. A great compliment to hopefully seeing all their new first party offerings.

May 15, 2019
I have a strong feeling that they're saving the boosted resolutions and new 360/OG games for E3 honestly, where that kind of news would make the biggest splash possible to help sell consoles.

Also, unless they find new methods to FPS boost, I have a strong feeling that they're just trying to go through and FPS boost what they can as early as possible in the generation because I think they only have their one method.
I sure hope so. It really bummed me out when they discontinued the program on Xbox One, there's so many great console exclusives from those generations they could still add. Expanding that library is basically the only thing that would make me want to buy a current gen console. And FPS Boost probably does make a bigger difference in making early adopters decide which of the new consoles they should buy.