• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
True. I'm not saying it's wrong, just to not consider it a slam dunk. I don't know enough about dragon quest to know how unlikely those costumes are were there to be a rep.
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath here, but I do think it is an indication that they probably have some insider knowledge.

If anything makes me skeptical it's that Doom Slayer having his 2016 design with Eternal elements seems way too specific. Like if this leak ends up true then they are clearly in some high up positions

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing 3 (most popular), 8 (most well known in the west) and 11 (the new hotness/promotional) is easy. Even then 4 isn't an out there pick.
That's totally why everyone was calling those before he was announced right lol?
I don't even fully believe this leak but acting like getting that specific part right is so easy when people have only been talking about Erdrick and Luminary for months and nothing else is lol

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'd be down for Doomguy. Monster Hunter is already represented, a Monster Hunter character would be a huge letdown.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
You guys doubting MH have to consider that, of the franchises that sell millions of copies per entry in japan, it is one of the few not in smash yet. It really shouldn't be that surprising if it happens.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These kinds of posts happens every couple of months, everyone believes it because "4chan is right sometimes", it's almost always wrong. Plus I doubt anyone's in the position to leak the last two DLC characters yet. But seriously Doomguy is unimaginative at this point. I personally don't want him in because sheer internet speculation would ruin the fun like it did with Banjo.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
If true that would mean I bought the DLC pack for 0 characters I wanted/would've felt bad for missing out on.

Still don't get why they went with all third parties when there's so many great first party characters still waiting.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Individually? No, those picks aren't outlandish. But nailing all 4, and only those 4? It should at least raise an eyebrow.

This, I would have guessed they'd do 8 different heroes ala bowser jr and the koopalings, or do like male/female erdrick with 4 colors each. That prediction requires someone to guess that Sakurai would do something with the dq hero character he's never done before.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I'm not sure why people even want Doomguy -- his signature move is chainsawing people in half and ripping them apart, obviously not something that would be included in Smash. So he would run around and shoot cartoony shotgun blasts and punch people? Not super exciting.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You guys doubting MH have to consider that, of the franchises that sell millions of copies per entry in japan, it is one of the few not in smash yet. It really shouldn't be that surprising if it happens.

It is in Smash. It has music. It has Rathalos as a boss and Assist Trophy. What it doesn't have is a playable character.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
If true that would mean I bought the DLC pack for 0 characters I wanted/would've felt bad for missing out on.

Still don't get why they went with all third parties when there's so many great first party characters still waiting.
For the hype. It's easier to sell Joker, DQ Hero and Banjo than to sell Elma, Springman or Pig Ganon or whoever. The big big Nintendo names are already in.
It works. The entire internet is losing it at each reveal.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The Monster Hunter Hunter seems like they should've been there in the first place, so I'm hoping that's true.
Doomguy is a bit left field. The trailer reaction would be hype but I'm not sure I'm convinced.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
That ain't what would be scary, what would be scary is what happens if Kirby ate Doomslayer.

jrwm5Bs.jpg

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
welp if they predicted Joker and DQ properly, this should have some level of merit to it. But regardless, take all this with a grain of salt and don't get your hopes up.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Really hoping this isn't legit as I'd be gutted by the last two Fighters Pass characters being Monster Hunter and Doomguy, but of course I will be very happy for their fans if this comes to, er, pass. Neither appeals to me personally even a little bit, especially Doomguy, but I've got Mega Man, Banjo-Kazooie, and a legendary roster besides so I'd certainly never complain.

But Doomguy just seems really unlikely to me. Monster Hunter I can totally see happening, though.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
People think a Monster Hunter character would be boring? smh. Play the games, people. The Monster Hunter can do things that make the rest of the roster look boring in comparison.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
People genuinely believe Sonic is gonna be in Smash lmao.
People genuinely believe Snake is gonna be in Smash lmao.
People genuinely believe Cloud is gonna be in Smash lmao.
People genuinely believe Banjo Kazooie is gonna be in Smash lmao.
Emphasis on the second and third. People flat out thought those were impossible before they were revealed. Particularly Cloud. Doom makes a thousand times more sense as a rep than Cloud at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.